Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 262 posts
  • 122 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by DS_Nadine
  • Topic is favorited by 12 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Did you come to this thread because you were interested or just wanted to bash it?”

• I am curious 196 votes
      75%
    • I just want to bash it 16 votes
      6%
    • This is pinside... I'm curious, but I'm gonna whine and bitch anyway 50 votes
      19%

(262 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

money__money__money__money__money_______by_idontlikecoffee22-d98102m (resized).jpg
    moon (resized).jpg
    1532813014521 (resized).jpg
    deadflip (resized).jpg
    deadflip2 (resized).jpg
    5A0D7962-E464-4A1F-A5AF-B72FB5F5661D (resized).jpeg
    maxresdefault (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    tenor (resized).png
    0014133103_10 (resized).jpg
    MV5BN2EzMzA0ZGUtMjdlZS00NzBjLWI0ODAtMGJmYWI3Y2U3YjdlXkEyXkFqcGdeQWFsZWxvZw@@._V1_.jpg
    1805884ae4141bb2b7444bf20ed9ed86e64642a8 (resized).jpg
    jaws-bond (resized).png
    hqdefault (resized).jpg
    ART_Pee-wee_2406 (resized).jpg
    David-Lee-Roth-of-Van-Hal-007 (resized).jpg

There are 262 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 6.
    #101 5 years ago

Everybody knows Gary barely got beat out by Dryfuss for the role of "Hooper"

1805884ae4141bb2b7444bf20ed9ed86e64642a8 (resized).jpg1805884ae4141bb2b7444bf20ed9ed86e64642a8 (resized).jpg
    #102 5 years ago

Jaws or PeeWee Herman or Godzilla or Bill and Teds or HellBoy would be obvious winners. Hoping Stern decides to go with a winner. In the meantime where is Munsters ???

#103 5 years ago

I cannot believe there is not a Def Leppard pin yet, and it will need a good layout similar to Iron Maiden or better, let me give you an art hint Stern ,you should use the Pyro mania album art work on the backglass , please make the pro models good . For me I do not want see photos of the band members on the pin unless
    They are animated or hand drawn..

#104 5 years ago
    MV5BN2EzMzA0ZGUtMjdlZS00NzBjLWI0ODAtMGJmYWI3Y2U3YjdlXkEyXkFqcGdeQWFsZWxvZw@@._V1_.jpgMV5BN2EzMzA0ZGUtMjdlZS00NzBjLWI0ODAtMGJmYWI3Y2U3YjdlXkEyXkFqcGdeQWFsZWxvZw@@._V1_.jpg
    #105 5 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Jaws, Beware the Black Knight, Sons Of Anarchy.
    LTG : )

Are we getting trolled here? Hmmm

#106 5 years ago
    Quoted from Supersquid:

For final wizard mode, it could be a theater

The Theater Awaits!

#107 5 years ago

One movie I've always thought would make an excellent machine would be "The Thing". Lots of characters and plenty of action to design against. Never gonna happen.

#108 5 years ago

Given the recent movie, Bohemian Rhapsody, Queen should be on the hot list

#109 5 years ago
    Quoted from John_I:

I have a feeling the Steve Ritchie game is going to be epic.

I hope so! He's been working on it since late 2017! I like your feeling!

#110 5 years ago
    Quoted from ypurchn:

Are we getting trolled here? Hmmm

No, this is accurate.

#111 5 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Jaws, Beware the Black Knight, Sons Of Anarchy.
    LTG : )

Please dont waste good talent on Sons of Anarchy. Give it to the interns.

#112 5 years ago
    Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Please dont waste good talent on Sons of Anarchy. Give it to the interns.

That part is a joke. I had to look up Sons of Anarchy just to see what it is. The other two seem pretty sure or at least good rumors.

#113 5 years ago

As much as I'm Hoping Brian Eddy is doing Bill and Ted, I can picture Jaws with a layout similar to MM and AFM. Jaws bash toys, dock scoop, earn some harpoons/dynamite etc. Has a Brian Eddy feel in my mind.
    I picture Jaws as a good fan layout but Bill and Ted as something else. Maybe more in line with Shadow if not entirely original. I will say I you are going to make Bill and Ted, it better have a phone booth toy (on all models) wireform ramps (circuits of time)
    (edit plastics can easily be water slides but I'd prefer the metal), the right to actors voices and likenesses. Not just Keanu Reeves and Alex Winter but George Carlin and the supporting cast. Come play with me needs it's own mode. So many guitar riff sounds. Like too many guitar riffs....and whoa, lots of whoa lol

#114 5 years ago

I would love to see a bill and Ted machine too

#115 5 years ago

Speaking if Keanu, the matrix could be sweet, but it's def. outdated at this point

#116 5 years ago
    Quoted from Meegis:

I would love to see a bill and Ted machine too

Load the phone box with balls, que a crazy light show and then it drops fast under the playfield!? Yes please!!

#117 5 years ago
    Quoted from Meegis:

Speaking if Keanu, the matrix could be sweet, but it's def. outdated at this point

Agree on the first point for a Matrix

Also, how about a John Wick ...

#118 5 years ago

Most of the rumored pins sound good to me, except Sons of Anarchy. Never watched it, and not sure if it would be a good theme or not?

007 would be stellar-not sure how they would do it? All of the films or one particular older movie-or newer movie?

Bill and Ted's would be interesting but not sure how wide spread the theme would resonate with people. May be based on new movie? New movie could be another attempt to revitalize franchise-but could be a fail like Ghostbusters revamp was. All of these movie revamps can be hit or miss.

Jaws-should be great, everyone digs the theme and really the only way to screw it up is to not have a good layout or code that makes it shallow. Good layout and good code will make this game a great seller.

Steve Ritchie-Black Knight continued sounds really cool. Implementing today's features(LCD,etc.) with a non-licensed game has got my attention. Not going in blind-but pretty sure it will be stellar-Steve usually delivers the layouts and flowing games that I tend to prefer.

Superman 78-sounds good and is an iconic theme. If done right-it should sell well

Someone also mentioned Van Halen and Guns and Roses as possible music choices from Stern. Both would be great

I do think it is time for Stern to do a small run of Tron Pro's. Another Tron vault run would help keep the title pricing on the used market at bay. When I see Pro's trying to sell for $8k I think-time for a vault Tron Stern.

#119 5 years ago
    Quoted from Zukram:

Agree on the first point for a Matrix
    Also, how about a John Wick ...

I thought about a John wick pin the other day after watching the trailer for the 3rd and being a huge fan of the first two.

Something like Ironman could work really well for the theme, John Wick is always fighting his way the movies and doesn’t necessarily need a tonne of mechs to do the theme justice, plus Ironman feels like a constant fight.

#120 5 years ago

Bond has to be something from all Bond’s or its a swing and a miss for me and I won’t be buying.

#121 5 years ago

John Carpenters Greatest Hits

0014133103_10 (resized).jpg0014133103_10 (resized).jpg
    #122 5 years ago

John Wick would be cool.

Start game.....
    Head pounding electric dance music
    Head shot
    Head shot
    Head shot
    Head shot
    Head shot
    Head shot
    Head shot
    Head shot
    Head shot
    Kick guy, then reload
    Head shot
    Head shot
    Head shot
    Head shot
    Head shot

Ball drains, puppy barks, tires squeal.....

Launch 2nd ball.....

#123 5 years ago

-Big Trouble In Little China
    -Superman(1978)
    -Escape From New York
    -Jaws
    -Fright Night(1985)

#124 5 years ago
    Quoted from Meegis:

Matrix Outdated?????? You do realize they are producing pins with themes from the 50s right?

#125 5 years ago
    Quoted from cosmokramer:

John Wick would be cool.
    Start game.....
    Head pounding electric dance music
    Head shot
    Head shot
    Head shot
    Head shot
    Head shot
    Head shot
    Head shot
    Head shot
    Head shot
    Kick guy, then reload
    Head shot
    Head shot
    Head shot
    Head shot
    Head shot
    Ball drains, puppy barks, tires squeal.....
    Launch 2nd ball.....

John wick pinball shut up and take my money.

#126 5 years ago
    Quoted from Meegis:

And the Munsters isn't? Or Ghostbusters or any of the latest releases?

#127 5 years ago
    Quoted from zr11990:

And the Munsters isn't? Or Ghostbusters or any of the latest releases?

For me, when I turn up new systems here at work, there is still a really good chance its host name is a matrix reference..

#128 5 years ago

I think the more important question isn’t what is Stern’s next game, but rather, what is Lymans next game!?! He’s gotta be on deck soon right?

#129 5 years ago

Would love to see some classic video game titles done right. You could do a Castlevania theme with ramp combos finishing with a scoop shot like end of line on Tron for heart collection. Combo the whip ramp shot to upgrade your whip. Big ol death bash toy that if you bash when your not in boss mode steals all your upgrades and hearts. Combo shots and end with a scoop shot in time to get through a level and initiate a boss fight. Boss fight has to be completed while in multiball. Hell you could even do a lower playfield for the ferry man who helps you find the souls of dead past heros of Castlevania. But I bet that license$$$$

#130 5 years ago

The Matrix would be an good choice if it wasn't for the fact that the second and third movies were such turds. I suppose it would make a decent filler game though. I still don't understand the fascination with SM78? Was an awful movie at the time and it has aged even worse.

#131 5 years ago
    Quoted from Eskaybee:

what is Lymans next game!?!

Well, he *is* supposed to be the coder for Elvira's HOH...

#132 5 years ago
    Quoted from John_I:

The Matrix would be an good choice if it wasn't for the fact that the second and third movies were such turds. I suppose it would make a decent filler game though. I still don't understand the fascination with SM78? Was an awful movie at the time and it has aged even worse.

The Matrix is awesome if you just remember it as one single movie and forget that they made the others.

Still think it would make a great pin. I'd buy a Johnny Mnemonic to re-theme if I can find a cheap one down the track.

#133 5 years ago
    Quoted from John_I:

The Matrix would be an good choice if it wasn't for the fact that the second and third movies were such turds.

Problem solved then, pick Back to the Future instead.

#134 5 years ago
    Quoted from JimB:

Problem solved then, pick Back to the Future instead.

Ugh. I guess some people still like that movie? I have been watching a lot of old movies in the last year to see them in HD on a big TV. That is one that has not aged well to me. I had to turn it off half way through. Couldn't take it any more.

#135 5 years ago
    Quoted from John_I:

That is one that has not aged well to me.

Oh yes it has. "Hello Mc'Fly anybody home" Think Mc'Fly Think" never gets old.

tenor (resized).pngtenor (resized).png
    #136 5 years ago
    Quoted from John_I:

Ugh. I guess some people still like that movie? I have been watching a lot of old movies in the last year to see them in HD on a big TV. That is one that has not aged well to me. I had to turn it off half way through. Couldn't take it any more.

Just about everybody likes that movie. It has aged very well, because its themes are timeless, despite being about different time periods.

#137 5 years ago
    Quoted from Sinestro:

Just about everybody likes that movie. It has aged very well, because its themes are timeless, despite being about different time periods.

Don’t know if you’ve sat through BTTF movies # 2 & 3 but if you haven’t I will summarize them for you now .... they sucked! If the pin contains stuff from only the first film it will be a win. Any other film material need not apply.

#138 5 years ago
    Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Don’t know if you’ve sat through BTTF movies # 2 & 3 but if you haven’t I will summarize them for you now .... they sucked! If the pin contains stuff from only the first film it will be a win. Any other film material need not apply.

2 is very uneven for sure, but 3 is great!

#139 5 years ago
    Quoted from Sinestro:

I won't give you a thumbs down for your opinion; to each their own. Let me just say I disagree.

#140 5 years ago

Jaws would be a day one preorder for whatever top of the line model they put out. The wife would have to have this game for sure.

#141 5 years ago
    Quoted from John_I:

I won't give you a thumbs down for your opinion; to each their own. Let me just say I disagree.

The rotten tomatoes scores for BTTF indicate ... movie 1 was top notch and it was recognized with a cumulative score of 96%. Movie 2 was a bomb and movie 3 was marginal to poor. That each film earned roughly $1B, means they all were successful at the movie theaters, on vhs tape/dvd and collecting tv fees, but artistically speaking only #1 stands out. I filter movies before seeing them and use scores of 90%+ to predict a movie that is potentially of the highest caliber and 80%+ to indicate a potentially great movie and I rely on either audience scoring OR critic scoring in cases they are out of synch. I typically skip seeing those with low scores unless it is a sequel because they tend to disappoint, but I watched BTTF films 2 and 3.

Some in this thread disagree with the collective wisdom, but it also mirrors my opinion of the franchise. Movie 1 is strong enough on its own to merit a pin and the storyline is easy enough to recall off the top of your head. Stern it's time to make BTTF happen (based on the first film only please).

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#142 5 years ago

The Monkees !

Hey Stern ...Monkeewitch it !

#143 5 years ago
    Quoted from GCS2000:

Jaws would be a day one preorder for whatever top of the line model they put out. The wife would have to have this game for sure.

Yep ...Jaws would see several of my games go to get one

#144 5 years ago

The rotten tomatoes scores for BTTF indicate ... movie 1 was top notch and it was recognized with a cumulative score of 96%. Movie 2 was a bomb and movie 3 was marginal to poor. That each film earned roughly $1B, means they all were successful at the movie theaters, on vhs tape/dvd and collecting tv fees, but artistically speaking only #1 stands out. I filter movies before seeing them and use scores of 90%+ to predict a movie that is potentially of the highest caliber and 80%+ to indicate a potentially great movie and I rely on either audience scoring OR critic scoring in cases they are out of synch. I typically skip seeing those with low scores unless it is a sequel because they tend to disappoint, but I watched BTTF films 2 and 3.
    Some in this thread disagree with the collective wisdom, but it also mirrors my opinion of the franchise. Movie 1 is strong enough on its own to merit a pin and the storyline is easy enough to recall off the top of your head. Stern it's time to make BTTF happen (based on the first film only please).
    [quoted image]

74% is not "marginal to poor".

And no one's arguing that the first one isn't the best. So your comments are a solution without a problem.

#145 5 years ago
    Quoted from Hazoff:

Oh yes it has. "Hello Mc'Fly anybody home" Think Mc'Fly Think" never gets old.[quoted image]

Hahahaha!

...btw, your avatar of Humongous (two thumbs up man!)

#146 5 years ago

Amen, brother.

#147 5 years ago

Be realistic, if they make a bttf pin it is going to be trilogy based. It is a story arc and iconic scenes that we all knew growing up when they were new. No way they cut out 2/3 of the bttf material.

#148 5 years ago
    Quoted from PinKopf:

Be realistic, if they make a bttf pin it is going to be trilogy based. It is a story arc and iconic scenes that we all knew growing up when they were new. No way they cut out 2/3 of the bttf material.

I agree with you 100%.

Now, In a “Superman" Pinball, it has to be SM1 and SM2 of just 1978 to be honest...

#149 5 years ago
    Quoted from Coolpinballdino:

John wick pinball shut up and take my money.

And then 1 year after purchase continue to complain why all the bugs exist on v1.0 of software. Y’all do it to yourselves over and over again by buying on theme alone

#150 5 years ago

No, a new BTTF pin needs to cover the entire trilogy, none of this one movie stuff. That's an excuse for Stern to put less time into code as they won't have to provide modes for the sequel films lol.

A BTTF pins need to have modes that cover all 3 films and it would be cool if the player could "travel" forward or backwards in time to play a mode from a specific time period in the trilogy. Hit x number of shots to travel to a specific time period, crazy 1.21 gigawatts light show, start mode for that movie.

There are 262 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-s-next-game-after-munsters/page/3?hl=blacksun and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.