Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 246 posts
  • 90 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Smack
  • Topic is favorited by 16 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

This+is+the+home+of+lars+ulrich+the+drummer+for+_f1030c0983c95e904c9fb87af38728cc (resized).png
    91EDI7zrnHL._AC_SL1500_ (resized).jpg
    defenseteam (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider yelobird.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#218 3 years ago
    Quoted from Zablon:

You are missing part of the picture. Pretty much anything can be hacked given the want and time. Stern is more susceptible because they are the biggest and put out the most games (on a standard platform). They reach the largest audience, so most likely to have people with that skill, time, and desire.
    Of course, that is the key, desire. There needs to be a reason first. Most of it revolves around the endless band games. A few things with toppers, but in the grand scheme of things much of the 'mods' can be done without any software modification. The other smaller companies? frankly not a lot of reason to hack the software at this point, and since they are lower numbers, less likely to happen at all.

Is there a specific amount of money you need to prove this on a JJP game.... I can think of Many who would coin up if you could show us how.

#220 3 years ago
    Quoted from Zablon:

Which part are you asking? If JJP can be hacked? Most likely. Is it worth it to most? Probably not. Unless someone really good is a huge pinball fan and sees a need or thinks they can make money off it. If millions of people bought pinball machines and had them in their home at their disposal 24/7, it would get done by someone, probably just to see if they can. And no, I'm not one who could do it or I already would have tried.
    If you are referring to this 'mods can be done without software modification', I was referring to normal mods that require nothing more than power, not integrated mods. That being said, I'm sure there are some people around who COULD do it, if they wanted to. One of the first questions I asked on this site was if anyone was making custom images, and you could see it was a touchy subject.

I think your over reading my question. Sorry. Just observing how many posts and threads there are from people Wishing they could add to or edit a JJP game (say A Pirates Life) as an example. Just curious how nobody can hack a JJP. That’s all.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider yelobird.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-s-new-eula?tu=yelobird and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.