Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 246 posts
  • 90 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Smack
  • Topic is favorited by 16 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

This+is+the+home+of+lars+ulrich+the+drummer+for+_f1030c0983c95e904c9fb87af38728cc (resized).png
    91EDI7zrnHL._AC_SL1500_ (resized).jpg
    defenseteam (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider EJS.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#84 3 years ago

What if I stream a Stern that I don’t own? I have several at my house that are owned by someone else and I didn’t agree to any software license when they came through the front door.

Another thing to note is even if you get a green light from Stern (or not) to stream you also have Twitch and their fine print to worry about.

I had a hunch my streaming archive of Metallica wouldn’t end well and it didn’t (archived had loss of audio) but they didn’t care about my AC/DC one bit. Again, no surprise. From a monetization perspective I wasn’t partnered with Twitch at the time so was not benefiting from them monetarily.

As someone new to live streaming I do notice a majority of games being broadcast are new Sterns. I wonder if that will taper off soon? I can see most of the demand being for the latest game for those who can’t get in front of one ASAP.

No reverse engineering means get your hands off figuring out those node boards I suppose?

#85 3 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

Most of them haven't been commercially relevant or viable in decades.

Except for “lovers in quarantine” that one aged like fine wine

#122 3 years ago

Okay this might be a stupid question (or just coming from a stupid person haha) but if in theory Stern is paying a license per machine shouldn’t that be somewhat taken into consideration for a live stream? In other words if you need yet another license to live stream would you be able to get a reduced rate? Otherwise it might seem something like a double tax if you will.

My argument would also be the live stream is the content of a person playing. That’s the intent. If I were to stream my Metallica in attract mode with their music playing that would be more of an illegal distribution.

I understand another argument about buying a movie and watching it at home versus showing it at a business.

I do like the idea of a live stream mode for pins if this is going to be an issue. Maybe limit to one song and understand going forward this may be the case.

#163 3 years ago
    Quoted from cooked71:

Benefit of the doubt: Stern has been under pressure from licensors to protect their assets. The EULA is just “proof” to licensors that they’re doing their best to protect them. But in reality they have no intention of enforcing it, knowing full well it would be almost impossible to do so. Also knowing full well enforcement is not in their interest.

Licensing theater....not a bad thought.

2 weeks later
    #238 3 years ago
    Quoted from GravitaR:

The Eula notice even comes up when you want to look at a code readme file. Why?

Maybe it’s a coverall for that part of their website who knows.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider EJS.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-s-new-eula?tu=EJS and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.