Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 246 posts
  • 90 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Smack
  • Topic is favorited by 16 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

This+is+the+home+of+lars+ulrich+the+drummer+for+_f1030c0983c95e904c9fb87af38728cc (resized).png
    91EDI7zrnHL._AC_SL1500_ (resized).jpg
    defenseteam (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Dr-pin.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#53 3 years ago

So stern is taking a page of the apple playbook.
    Cool you produced something, that you want to sell?
    We take 60%
    Aha, we've detected unlicensed changes to your game, we will turn it off for a month, so you can remove the changes.
    Next time your game will be disabled for good.

#105 3 years ago
    Quoted from attack7777:

Not my video, but some interesting commentary:

"not commercially exploit "

Does this mean theese machines are forbidden to earn money on location?

#130 3 years ago
    Quoted from flynnibus:

Easier thing to do is start with verified checksums and signed images. Which they'll have to do anyway when they start consuming content from the web. Otherwise it's braindead simple to fake the update servers to put whatever you want into the update process.

Yea that thing has existed for years, since computer games has used it to stop from cheating at online games.

I still havent had anyone with a view on if this means the end to have games earning cash on location.

On the whole, hey we altered the songs beatles play or similar.
    If i´ve allready bought theese songs, what is stopping using and playing them while i play pinball?

#133 3 years ago
    Quoted from flynnibus:

The same things that prevent you from taking those CDs you bought and using them as a DJ, or playing them as background music in your shop, etc without paying additional royalties.
    Playing music for yourself is not the same as broadcasting or making 'public performances' of it.

That i can understand, but this eula says i can not change anything, not really in regards to going public with it or not.
    So basically if i own the blu-rays of jurrasic park, why shouldn´t i be allowed to se them on a screen?

#140 3 years ago
    Quoted from flynnibus:

The constraints on modifying the game are not the same discussion about what you can do with your blu ray. You are changing the topic with this hypothetical question.
    You want to play your blu ray privately on a screen - you are entitled to do that. When you start talking about putting that in your pinball machine, it's not a question of what your blu ray license entitlement is, but about the terms of use for the pinball software and it's modification.

Is it even legal to put restraints on an item that you buy?
    I can see if you publicise the changes or make money from theese alterations, but for personal use?
    (ofc it may void warranties but otherwise?)

Also i´m not sure it ever has stated somewhere on a blu-ray wich device im allowed to play it on?

#143 3 years ago
    Quoted from captainadam_21:

Criminal: Ouch. Plus you've been raped by stem toppers prices. You'll be popular in the shower.

Reminds me of the southpark episode about clicking itunes agreement.

#165 3 years ago
    Quoted from cooked71:

Benefit of the doubt: Stern has been under pressure from licensors to protect their assets. The EULA is just “proof” to licensors that they’re doing their best to protect them. But in reality they have no intention of enforcing it, knowing full well it would be almost impossible to do so. Also knowing full well enforcement is not in their interest.

You know this?
    Are you part of management at stern?
    Why cant this be enforced when pinball goes internet?

#167 3 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

Educated guess.

What education?

I remember when computergames meet internet. One of the first things started was copying protection with checksum controll for avoiding tampering with programs.

#221 3 years ago
    Quoted from Yelobird:

Is there a specific amount of money you need to prove this on a JJP game.... I can think of Many who would coin up if you could show us how.

What's to hack on jjp games?
    Surely there are some stuff with pirates and wonka.
    Rest of the games?

#234 3 years ago
    Quoted from soren:

I wonder. Is the trouble that Stern is now deep into, primary, because of their games featuring licensed music - or licensed movie footage. And I guess both being an issue because games now feature a full fidelity sound playback system. And a full fidelity television.
    So remind me again. Who asked for a television in a pinball machine.
    And remind me again. Are songs a good soundtrack for a pinball game (any game). Let alone from the catalogue of a single band.*
    * Obviously band pins sell. So I see why. But?

Strange conclusion.

My conclusion: The less asset you put in a game, the higher the risk put in extras in the game. Ofc stern is a n.o.1 target, since their barren games.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Dr-pin.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-s-new-eula?tu=Dr-pin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.