Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

43B620B5-89FC-4817-84B7-692D00601116.gif
#1 3 years ago

Considering how well Stern did with Ghostbusters sales wise (despite anything you could argue about the game in general), how possible would you guys think they release a GB II pinball table?
Or, would you think that a Ghostbusters Afterlife (in case the movie is a success) would have more chances?
Personally, I would go nuts with a GB II release. I think most people who bought GB would buy GB2 also (of course considering they make a game as good, or an even better game in general than what they did with GB1)
Thanks guys!

#2 3 years ago
Quoted from HectorCM:

Considering how well Stern did with Ghostbusters sales wise (despite anything you could argue about the game in general), how possible would you guys think they release a GB II pinball table?
Or, would you think that a Ghostbusters Afterlife (in case the movie is a success) would have more chances?
Personally, I would go nuts with a GB II release. I think most people who bought GB would buy GB2 also (of course considering they make a game as good, or an even better game in general than what they did with GB1)
Thanks guys!

Ghostbusters 2 is in the Stern already made. The Scoleri Brothers are from the courtroom scene in the sequel.

#3 3 years ago

There are a few things from gb 2 in the game. The river, and as mentioned above the scolori Bros.

#4 3 years ago

Never happen. Bout as likely as Tron Vault.

#5 3 years ago

So you want Stern to make a pin, of a movie they already covered in the first pin of that franchise? Rock solid idea.

#6 3 years ago

I’ve already confirmed with them. Expect GB II summer of 2022.

#7 3 years ago

Fix the gap

#9 3 years ago

Have you played on the new code? The new ball save functions really make the gap a non issue.

The game on new code is so, so fun. Really hope Stern does a reissue.

#10 3 years ago

“Hey stern design team - who among you would
Like to spend the next 6 months tweaking and redesigning the last game produced by our former employee who is currently in jail on various sex offenses involving children? It would be super cool to be associated with that project and live and breathe it for months, reliving the horror associated with that game here and the day that he got busted and we all had to deal with it! Anybody? Bueller?”

#11 3 years ago

I assume this is just to flush out all the "GB2 is a great movie" peeps?

#12 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

“Hey stern design team - who among you would
Like to spend the next 6 months tweaking and redesigning the last game produced by our former employee who is currently in jail on various sex offenses involving children? It would be super cool to be associated with that project and live and breathe it for months, reliving the horror associated with that game here and the day that he got busted and we all had to deal with it! Anybody? Bueller?”

You know......usually I find a lot of your comments amusing when others don't, but this was just really poor taste for a joke, even from you. Child molestation isn't a subject to joke about and it's sad all of the way around. I hope you never get to see first hand how it destroys the lives of everyone affected.

#13 3 years ago
Quoted from Manimal:

You know......usually I find a lot of your comments amusing when others don't, but this was just really poor taste for a joke, even from you. Child molestation isn't a subject to joke about and it's sad all of the way around. I hope you never get to see first hand how it destroys the lives of everyone affected.

He wasn’t joking. He was telling you the reason why the idea is ridiculous. Let’s try to stick to getting offended when it is warranted.

Besides, Stern wouldn’t meet Trudeau’s asking price to design the sequel.

#14 3 years ago

There is no ghostbusters II...

Only Zuul.

#15 3 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

He wasn’t joking. He was telling you the reason why the idea is ridiculous. Let’s try to stick to getting offended when it is warranted.
Besides, Stern wouldn’t meet Trudeau’s asking price to design the sequel.

He was making light of the situation, just as you are as well, and I have earned the right to be offended after working a few years investigating crimes against children.

#16 3 years ago

If they updated their Ghostbusters game to fix the flipper gap, use an lcd, and have some movie clips, it would be a big seller for sure.

#17 3 years ago

A new run of GB toppers is warranted. Stern should vault 500 of those first, as that is the lowest hanging fruit.

#18 3 years ago
Quoted from Manimal:

He was making light of the situation, just as you are as well, and I have earned the right to be offended after working a few years investigating crimes against children.

I wasn’t making light of the situation. It was not a joke.

Why do you think the code update took 3 years? I doubt anybody there wants anything more to do with that game.

#19 3 years ago
Quoted from protocol_j:

Have you played on the new code? The new ball save functions really make the gap a non issue.

The game *is* really fun, more so with the new code, but it doesn't change the fact that you have to shove the game six ways to Sunday to avoid some middle drains that are not STDM, even with more ballsaves.

#20 3 years ago
43B620B5-89FC-4817-84B7-692D00601116.gif43B620B5-89FC-4817-84B7-692D00601116.gif
#21 3 years ago
Quoted from Manimal:

To be fair, I was more making light of your misplaced offense then of the Trudeau situation itself.
I’m personally working toward being offended by the new Jurassic Park Topper and it’s price, but I only have a few weeks into it. Hopefully, I will have earned the right soon.

#22 3 years ago
Quoted from protocol_j:

I admit, I have not. That sounds promising tho

#23 3 years ago
Quoted from tilted81:

I admit, I have not. That sounds promising tho

Adjusting ball saves doesn’t sound promising to me. I don’t think that changes much about the way the game plays, only that ball times and game progression is increased. That could have been adjusted in settings before any code update.

#24 3 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

Adjusting ball saves doesn’t sound promising to me. I don’t think that changes much about the way the game plays, only that ball times and game progression is increased. That could have been adjusted in settings before any code update.

For me at least, it reduced a lot of frustration from the SDTM feeds that were juuuuust too far to effectively slap save given the flipper gap. In particular the momentary ball save on ejection from the scoop.

The other notable code change to me was keeping modes lit between drains.

My games were longer as a result of the former and more rewarding as a result of the latter.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
14,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 39.95
Playfield - Plastics
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 39.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

17,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Carmel Hamlet, NY
$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 969.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Mödley Crüe

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 12.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Machine - For Sale
Athens, TX
$ 38.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

15,699 (OBO)
$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-s-ghostbusters-ii and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.