(Topic ID: 187740)

Stern rom update reboot time? SuperHerg Strikes Again!!!

By MrWizzo

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 29 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by MrWizzo
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mrwizzo.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 6 years ago

Updated Tron rom, and it has been in rebooting for at least forty minutes. Normal?

Dan

#3 6 years ago

Didn't think so. Thanks Lloyd. Any suggestions?

Dan

#5 6 years ago

Will try and report back.

#6 6 years ago

Neither stick is being read by game although they both work fine on my laptop. Odd as one of them was read on the original download attempt.

All files were deleted on both drives before downloading.

#8 6 years ago

Different brands. Unzipped the files on both, but didn't help. Yeah, will pick up a new one tomorrow. Thx.

#11 6 years ago

One is too small in capacity about 2.5G, so that makes sense.

The other has been used twice, on IM successfully and this TRON seemingly successfully, but the game was stuck in "rebooting." After about two hours, I turned the game off.

It is about 9G in capacity. Checked that is FAT32. I have scanned it for disk errors and reformatted it. Ejected it properly. Tried it with the file compressed and decompressed.

Cannot think of anything else to do with it. Will get a new one today and give Chazz a call tomorrow regardless.

Weird.

#13 6 years ago

Yep, for sure. I even tried changing the allocation sizes on the one drive to see if that would make a difference. No soup for me!

The other drive wan't too small. Wrong about that. Wouldn't format to FAT32. Tried it again but to no avail.

#14 6 years ago

New stick; same results.

#16 6 years ago

Read through the thread.

No old smaller drive on hand.

#18 6 years ago

Yeah, the 2.5G estimate was in error. Realized that after I saw the size of the file. DOH!

The new one didn't work, and I have a neighbor deleting content on a older smaller USB drive for me to try.

Should have it shortly. Thanks for the follow up. Buying didnt work. Borrowing may not. Leaves me only stealing at that point!

#19 6 years ago

Neighbor's 4G no good either. File not found. OY!!

#22 6 years ago

Neighbor found a 2G also, which did not work also. Need to start calling Kurt "State Farm."

The BIN file is the size you described, and I am making sure I open the stern page for the code anew each time I download.

Never updated the game before. It had 1.7 and am trying to upload 1.74, I think it is. The only other stern update I did was with IM when I had it, and that went flawlessly.

Will be calling Chazz at Stern tomorrow and will report back.

Thanks for the input.

#25 6 years ago

Yep, set eight to on.

Board it most likely is.

#27 6 years ago

Hal,

Thanks for the offer. Let me see what I can accomplish by calling Stern tech support first. Either way it would be great to see you. It has been a while.

I'll give you a call later today.

Dan

#28 6 years ago

I pulled the "pinball boot V 3.1" prom on the board and reseated it, but no luck. Wondering if somehow it got corrupted on the initial download and two-hour long rebooting sequence. Game fired up and played fine with no issues prior to attempting the update.

Got through to tech support. A new tech David was helpful and is sending me out a new boot prom to see if that is the issue.

#29 6 years ago

Herg brought his 1G stick with Tron 1.74 and it loaded with no problem.

He traced the target bank motor wiring to a black with orange wire. It went up into the backbox into a three prong connector as the only wire in it. It is close to a three pin connector with yellow and purple wires. I was reluctant to connect them originally since the colors didn't match after I reassembled the game, but he found a picture that suggested they went together, and we connected them. Bank motor now back in order.

I wounder if the LE has different wiring there reflecting upgraded features.

Thanks to Hal for reaching out. If everyone in the world was like Herg, it would be a much, much better place.

Dan

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Trade
$ 109.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep

10,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Willington, DE
$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 8.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 6.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
PFX Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Disk war combatant Pre-order!
RamMods

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Venice, FL
11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Reno, NV
$ 350.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mrwizzo.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-rom-update-reboot-time?tu=mrwizzo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.