• Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

8054153E-A02C-49E6-B864-3A53F43BBD49 (resized).jpeg
45E17536-96EC-4E97-85AA-F861C208A18D (resized).jpeg
91836761-EB3F-4C09-830D-320D7B39580B (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider crazylevi.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 5 years ago

Just picked up a RS, and it's insane.

It is in very clean HUO condition and I cleaned the and playfield and replaced a flipper transistor before playing. Almost every single shot forehand or backhand to the right ramp will launch either to the side or into the (very low) plastic tongue, and reject.

I turned the coil power to soft and it helped a tiny little bit. Game was very steep but I lowered it a bit, no difference.

Is there a way to raise the Tongue? Doesn't really look like it. Is this just a side-effect of a newly novused playfield and clean game?

Shots were also rejecting from the Charlie shot on the left, the plastic was a little low (I shimmied it higher) and it is getting air off the Mick track I suppose. It's a bit better now but ball still going everywhere and rejecting. Only clean shots on the game now are the orbits and the center ramp.

I don't think I've ever owned a game that was this fast and airball crazy. It reminds me of an F-14 with ski ramp bonus inserts.

Any advice or help appreciated. I've played this game many times (other machines) and it's usually a pretty smooth flowing game, but this is a mess right now.

Ill post some pics tomorrow maybe someone will see something.

#3 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Are all the coils more powerful than they should be ? Got me wondering if the game is wired for 100AC and you plugged it into 120AC ?
LTG : )

Interesting. That info would be printed on back of the game and at the transformer?

#7 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Unless someone changed it.

This seems extremely unlikely. It’s a HUO machine domestic build.

The tilt Bob wasn’t even installed and the manual was still in the sealed bag.

#10 5 years ago

Ok here’s the wiring and Diagram.

It indeed has a 115 jumper installed. But that’s correct? Or not?

I’d love to dial it back to 110 if it’s incorrect. I’m not really understanding this.

45E17536-96EC-4E97-85AA-F861C208A18D (resized).jpeg45E17536-96EC-4E97-85AA-F861C208A18D (resized).jpeg8054153E-A02C-49E6-B864-3A53F43BBD49 (resized).jpeg8054153E-A02C-49E6-B864-3A53F43BBD49 (resized).jpeg91836761-EB3F-4C09-830D-320D7B39580B (resized).jpeg91836761-EB3F-4C09-830D-320D7B39580B (resized).jpeg
#12 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

What is your wall outlet voltage ? If 115AC that is good. If the wall outlet is 120AC, that is why things are stronger.

I’ll check it out.

Same place I’ve been for 10 years and my other games aren’t this ridiculous

#13 5 years ago

OK...

so made game steeper. Also shoved some cardboard and a little painters tape under the tongue to raise it.

Did the same thing (well a post rubber) under the plastic above Rock Star/Charlie shot.

Not pretty, but I'm happy to say game is now playable. Actually started Rock Star for first time, and got Encore for the first time ever also.

I'm hoping the game just settles down a bit. It's basically brand new. I certainly won't be novusing the playfield again any time soon.

#15 4 years ago

I honestly think the issue is that the mick track is a little "off" in that the high lip is a little lower than the lower edge. Might try sanding the high edge a little bit.

#17 4 years ago
Quoted from Marten:

I had the same issue with my Roadshow after cleaning. Crazy fast balls flying everywhere and just waiting to shatter plastics. I ended up swapping my flipper coils out for weaker ones. I went one step down and it is perfect now. I would do that first before irreversibly changing (sanding down) the play field.

Yeah I've got some lower power coils on the way and will try that out. The game is settling down a bit as I play it more.

#19 4 years ago

Yes I agree this game is much better than advertised. I don't know who did the main rules but you can tell that there is a bit of a Lyman touch; the modes are well thought out and fun to pursue, and the stackability keeps things interesting. Really enjoying the game.

#21 4 years ago
Quoted from Ive:

Yep - its fast, furious fun with a decent ruleset. Challenging modes and the Multiballs have some nice rules to work thru. Unfortunately when it came out most people took one look at Mick on his Stick, the stripped back playfield and decided they weren't gonna get no satisfaction Proves very popular with visitors.

People never get tired of complaining.

It's a great looking game. Doesn't look cheap to me. The molded 3D tongue is a nice touch.

#24 4 years ago
Quoted from Ive:

Agree - they missed a trick not having the tongue interact with the ball in some way though, moving up/down or whatever. Oh well. It's very interesting reading the design process for the game in Pinball Journal #146 . It changed a lot ! from the initial ideas.

Lol it interacts plenty with the ball on mine!

Aiiirrball!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Sadsburyville, PA
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider crazylevi.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-rolling-stones-insane-airballs-and-ramp-rejects?tu=crazylevi and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.