• Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

8054153E-A02C-49E6-B864-3A53F43BBD49 (resized).jpeg
45E17536-96EC-4E97-85AA-F861C208A18D (resized).jpeg
91836761-EB3F-4C09-830D-320D7B39580B (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider akm.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#14 4 years ago

Airballs are bound to happen once in a while (particularly with the Mick on a stick or the Rockstar standup on the left ramp), but it generally shouldn't be happening on normal ramp shots. Things like the ramps, orbits, records shot and side targets should be pretty smooth on this game.

Interestingly though on my LE, I did notice more airballs than on the Pro I owned previously. I just dealt with it (it wasn't as consistent as it sounds like it is for you), but I did notice the game flipped and felt totally different from the Pro. I'm not sure what it is, but that could be part of it.

#25 4 years ago

The stackability on this game is one of my favorite aspects of it, and what's nice is it's all relatively easy stuff to do--you're not spending ages getting it all set up. For instance, start records, then start licks, then start multiball. Or if you want to get fancier, get a Super Combo ready on the center ramp and have that going on top of the others during the multiball. It's fun stuff. I suppose my only disappointment is not being able to stack multiballs. The wizard mode (Encore Multiball) is extremely tough to get to because you can't stack Album with Rockstar (unlike say, Avatar or Iron Man, where their two main multiballs can be stacked, making completion much easier).

I always assumed Lyman worked on the game a bit as some rules are similar to what he's done on previous games. For instance, a five way combo to start Super Combos, or the Records mini wizard mode basically being Total Annihilation from AFM, and Rockstar Multiball being War Machine from Iron Man.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

Machine - For Sale
Sadsburyville, PA
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider akm.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-rolling-stones-insane-airballs-and-ramp-rejects?tu=akm and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.