• Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

8054153E-A02C-49E6-B864-3A53F43BBD49 (resized).jpeg
45E17536-96EC-4E97-85AA-F861C208A18D (resized).jpeg
91836761-EB3F-4C09-830D-320D7B39580B (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Ive.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#9 5 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Stern Rolling Stones is the fastest game I own(especially when powerball is in play). I honestly think Rolling Stones is the fastest game currently out there. I have zero issues with airballs? Great game-I love mine(Mick on a stick ROCKS!). May try and switch out flipper rubbers(may be too high?) I use super bands on all of my pins and I feel they help control the ball better.

I'm a huge fan too - this game gets a bad rep but there do seem to be quite a few of us who really enjoy it.

Mine is fast and furious, rarely get any airballs ... if I do they seem to be from a sling shot. Occasionally it may reject at the Lips ramp.

#20 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Yes I agree this game is much better than advertised. I don't know who did the main rules but you can tell that there is a bit of a Lyman touch; the modes are well thought out and fun to pursue, and the stackability keeps things interesting. Really enjoying the game.

Yep - its fast, furious fun with a decent ruleset. Challenging modes and the Multiballs have some nice rules to work thru. Unfortunately when it came out most people took one look at Mick on his Stick, the stripped back playfield and decided they weren't gonna get no satisfaction Proves very popular with visitors.

#23 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

People never get tired of complaining.
It's a great looking game. Doesn't look cheap to me. The molded 3D tongue is a nice touch.

Agree - they missed a trick not having the tongue interact with the ball in some way though, moving up/down or whatever. Oh well. It's very interesting reading the design process for the game in Pinball Journal #146 . It changed a lot ! from the initial ideas.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep

Machine - For Sale
Sadsburyville, PA

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Ive.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-rolling-stones-insane-airballs-and-ramp-rejects?tu=Ive and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.