(Topic ID: 34366)

Stern Right Side Rail Protector w/Two Buttons??????

By jwwhite15

11 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 11 years ago

So I am in search of a set of Chrome rails for a newer Stern. Problem is there does not seem to be anyone who makes the rails with protectors to fit the two button setup on the right side. I called Stern and the fella on the other end of the phone said they made them for Avatar LE and only those who owned an Avatar LE could buy new ones. Questions:
1)Does the Avatar LE have two buttons on the right side,
2)If so can some one help me get a set of them,
3)Does anyone have a lead for me to get these?
These would be to fit the HD 3rd Edition, thanx in advance.

#2 11 years ago

Short answer is no, avatar LE only has one button.

Does your current set have the button-guard metal there, or is it just a narrow rail all the way down to the front?

I ask because if the set you have now is what you want, just pull them & send them out for plating.

If not, Terry has button-guard rails. But you'll be on your own as far as cutting the extra hole in them goes. Once you get them cut you can send them out for plating.

#3 11 years ago
Quoted from mrbillishere:

Short answer is no, Avatar LE only has one button.

Quoted from mrbillishere:

If not, Terry has button-guard rails. But you'll be on your own as far as cutting the extra hole in them goes. Once you get them cut you can send them out for plating.

I was afraid of that...appreciate the info. The rails I have now are regular ones (chromed) but need the protectors. I don't want to paint the cab but cover and protect it from further wear. Thanx,

#4 11 years ago

Thought those were for Rolling Stones le?

Had the Outlane post feature

#5 11 years ago
Quoted from TheCnyPinGuy:

Had the Outlane post feature

?????????? Maybe the guy at Stern was confused...so Rolling Stones LE has two flipper buttons on the right side? Were Chrome rails available for that Pin?

#6 11 years ago
Quoted from TheCnyPinGuy:

brilliant!

Quoted from jwwhite15:

?????????? Maybe the guy at Stern was confused...so Rolling Stones LE has two flipper buttons on the right side? Were Chrome rails available for that Pin?

The better qsn to ask is, did Rolling Stone LE use/include button-guard style raile?

Avatar LE didn't, and it directly preceded RSLE.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-right-side-rail-protector-wtwo-buttons and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.