5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 19 posts
  • 13 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by QuarterGrabber
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Scream.gif

#1 5 years ago

Should stern go planetary way and remake there pins????

Would you buy em with todays nib prices?

If they remade tspp, lotr, sm and so on??

I would defenentley jump on a nib lotr, great gameplay and finished code, it would be awesome...

#2 5 years ago

You would pay 8k for a lotr?!

I don't think so.

#3 5 years ago

Scream.gif

#4 5 years ago

Have said this in another thread, but as an Aussie pinhead, it's hard to get some secondhand Stern titles, so I'd jump at the chance to get particular machines new in box. For me, I'd definitely buy Family Guy and TSPP. I also know a few people who would love to get their hands on Iron Man in pristine condition. Having said this, it would be at current Stern Pro prices and not the insanity of JJP or PP pricing.

Cheers!
    Adam.

#5 5 years ago

I dare say there is one major reason why they haven't remade all of those machines - licensing.

MM is not subject to any licensing restrictions the way Stern machines are. It's all well and good having licensed themes but when it comes time to reproduce parts or machines themselves......

I would love to see Stern show some imagination and create their own theme. It would have to be cheaper and give Stern freedom to do what they want with the machine.

#6 5 years ago

I think the problem with everything is that we get an idea in our head that "it will have to be cheaper" and each time, it is never the case. "Jersey Jack is good for competition, it will keep prices down" and that never happened. I think the reality is that pinball is becoming popular and companies are taking advantage of that....and can you blame them?

#7 5 years ago

In a word, NO.

#8 5 years ago
    Quoted from DEN:

Yes, I'm ready for Catacomb.

#9 5 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

I looked at your avatar and read the comment and said to myself "the world has never been more ready for a Stern Catacomb re-make". Lol

#10 5 years ago

Offvourse i meany stern pro prices not 8k

#11 5 years ago

Gary Stern has always said that he doesn't revisit old games....I might be paraphrasing what he's said in the past, but you get the idea....with the success of the Medieval Madness re-make, Stern might explore these new options if there's potential to make more pinball dollars. Ok, licensing might be the deciding factor against a re-make, but they don't have to spend money on design and the code is all ready to go.

#12 5 years ago

The problem are the licenses. Remaking an original when you have all the rights to it it's "easy".
    Now remaking a 10 yo license (lotr) it's probably gonna cost a fortune or it's not gonna be approved.

One thing to keep in mind: in 2003 the lord rights holder licensed it for a pinball.
    But 10 years later, New Line has the rights to the movie, the music guy has the rights to the music, the actors 10 years later are worth different values, Tolkien has the rights to the story... it's a big mess

#13 5 years ago

How much did a lotr pro cost back in 2003

#14 5 years ago

I paid $2,600 for a NIB Monopoly back in 2001. That was my cost to the distributor when I picked it up.

#15 5 years ago

Great idea! Maybe they can finally fire all those pesky designers and programmers.

First ones to run (following the JJP and PPS model):

Tron LE
    ACDC BIBLE

#16 5 years ago
    Quoted from ahdelarge:

"Jersey Jack is good for competition, it will keep prices down" and that never happened.

LOL....I remember people saying that. Hang them from a tree and kick the pinball out from under them

1 month later
    #17 5 years ago

It's now 2014, how long til the Stern re-make announcement? I wonder what we'll see on the Xmas 2014 Stern production line? 2013 was AC/DC Premium "Luci" and 2012 was Tron Pro....I can dream.

Cheers!
    Adam.

#18 5 years ago
    Quoted from DEN:

And who will buy them and where will that money come from? The market is already flooded and the waters are rising…

#19 5 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

Yes +1!
    I've been looking for a nice Catacomb for a long time now.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 12.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Flashinstinct
    Pinball Machine
    Great American Pinball
    $ 14.00
    Electronics
    Yorktown Parts and Equip
    $ 2.50
    Playfield - Decals
    Doc's Pinball Shop
    $ 44.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    PinBoss Mods
    $ 75.00
    Gameroom - Decorations
    The Pinball Vault
    $ 36.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Art Prints
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    Pinball Pro
    $ 25.00
    Boards
    German-Pinball-Modular
    $ 25.00
    Displays
    Pappy's Pinball Palace
    $ 58.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    $ 7,499.00
    Pinball Machine
    Nitro Pinball USA
    $ 9.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 29.95
    $ 15.00
    $ 48.00
    Playfield - Plastics
    Vandelay Industries
    $ 9.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 109.95
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    Pinball Pro

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside