(Topic ID: 325932)

Stern Relocating/Expanding

By brucipher

1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 1 year ago

Sorry if this was already shared, but it looks like Stern will be relocating to a new larger facility (a few blocks away) in 2023:

https://www.dailyherald.com/news/20221117/8-million-quarters-to-continue-playing-elk-grove-gives-stern-pinball-incentive-to-stay-in-town-expand

#3 1 year ago

I didn't hear about it so thanks for posting.

Says they will have a retail store. I wonder if they will sell parts and machines or just Stern merch like shirts.

#4 1 year ago
    Quoted from radium:

I didn't hear about it so thanks for posting.
    Says they will have a retail store. I wonder if they will sell parts and machines or just Stern merch like shirts.

I would guess the latter.

It makes sense, you have lots of folks dropping by for tours and such. And the tour always ends at the gift shop!

#5 1 year ago

I’ll bet they’d sell node boards faster than T-shirts

#6 1 year ago
    Quoted from EJS:

I’ll bet they’d sell node boards faster than T-shirts

They would have to make them in order to sell them….

#7 1 year ago
    Quoted from SpyroFTW:

They would have to make them in order to sell them….

Almost no retail outlet makes the stuff they sell.

#8 1 year ago
    Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

Are you trying to tell me Stern isn;t us using there CNC machines to makes those fancy puzzles?!

#9 1 year ago

Hopefully this means they will have the ability to really crank out games. I just hope they can work on their backlog, retire a few pins and release 3 cornerstones again.

#10 1 year ago
    Quoted from Rizmo:

Hopefully this means they will have the ability to really crank out games. I just hope they can work on their backlog, retire a few pins and release 3 cornerstones again.

It really seems like Pinside wants them to release fewer, or no games, based upon the reactions for the new one.

Perhaps with this gift shop and new facility, they can finally become the lifestyle brand we all want without the pesky and disappointing pinball manufacturing.

#11 1 year ago

Good for Stern. The Stern store never really got going. Maybe this will be towards that effort and a lot more.

LTG : )

#12 1 year ago
    Quoted from brucipher:

Sorry if this was already shared, but it looks like Stern will be relocating to a new larger facility (a few blocks away) in 2023:
    https://www.dailyherald.com/news/20221117/8-million-quarters-to-continue-playing-elk-grove-gives-stern-pinball-incentive-to-stay-in-town-expand

The Data Centre has been after Sterns location since around 2018. Happy to see that they finally reached an agreement.

#13 1 year ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

It really seems like Pinside wants them to release fewer, or no games, based upon the reactions for the new one.
    Perhaps with this gift shop and new facility, they can finally become the lifestyle brand we all want without the pesky and disappointing pinball manufacturing.

Really seems like Stern doesn't want to sell games to customers as demonstrated by the constant unwarranted and ridiculous price hikes. Works both ways.

#14 1 year ago
    Quoted from Cobray:

Really seems like Stern doesn't want to sell games to customers as demonstrated by the constant unwarranted and ridiculous price hikes. Works both ways.

Except they’re not having trouble selling games to customers?

#15 1 year ago
    Quoted from Cobray:

Electronics went up. like some parts on node boards are 3 to 4 times higher.

3 weeks later
    #16 1 year ago
    Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

Candy is one exception I know of

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-relocating-expanding?hl=spyroftw and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.