Topic Stats

• 73 posts
  • 42 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by scottc
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 4 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

deeravenger.jpg
126848.jpg
BigBuckPinballFinal.jpg
BigBuckPlayfieldFinal.jpg

There are 73 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 5 years ago
Quoted from scottc:

How many did they make?

Unknown: Stern doesn't publish official production numbers.

FWIW, the 2010 Mr. Pinball Price Guide shows an estimate of 4050 (with "rumor" in quotation marks beside the 4050 number).

Who knows.

#52 5 years ago

As I am shopping it with a complete tear down to wood the game seems real interesting. I played one a while back at a show and liked it so I finally had a chance to get one and can't wait to get into it. Doing some LEDs while its apart. Mine had 1.3 software and I just upgraded it to the latest 1.7. Haven't had many games on it so I don't think i'll see the difference.

#53 5 years ago

I'm begging you to take some pics of the plastics and playfield (high res against the wall). Please

I want to play this so much I'm down to trying to build a vp version of it. Impossible to get good playfield pics though if your willing I can set up a dropbox for the pics or send my e-mail.

#54 5 years ago

I think it is actually an attractive looking game. I would like to give now a go. Theme does nothing for me though.

#55 5 years ago

I really enjoy the BBH arcade games and have played the pinball machine only once in a tournament a couple years ago. It was the very first year of going to anything related to pinball and at the time wasn't going to drop more than one entry fee on it. Wish I would have now. I keep hoping that I will see one on location or at a show but no luck so far. Seems like it could be fun, but I can't say I really like Mick on a stick. Is it that similar?

#56 5 years ago
Quoted from NM:

FWIW, the 2010 Mr. Pinball Price Guide shows an estimate of 4050 (with "rumor" in quotation marks beside the 4050 number).
Who knows.

Wow. As rare as this game seems to be I'd say the number is a lot lower than that. I would guess less than 1000, but what do I know?

To me this is a really fun game with an established theme and unique layout. I'd love to own one some day.

#57 5 years ago
Quoted from NM:

Who knows.

I'd be surprised if there were 1/10th of that many made. Just think of how many you've heard of, much less seen in person as compared to other games with published manufacturing quantities and you'll come to the same conclusion. Consider this as well: this game is only a few years old, and thus a higher percentage of them still exist as compared to games with published quantities too (pre-2000).

It's a fun game, only the theme causes issues with people, yet after people actually get their hands on it, the game play and humor tends to turn even the detractors.

#58 5 years ago
Quoted from Baiter:

I'd be surprised if there were 1/10th of that many made. Just think of how many you've heard of, much less seen in person as compared to other games with published manufacturing quantities and you'll come to the same conclusion. Consider this as well: this game is only a few years old, and thus a higher percentage of them still exist as compared to games with published quantities too (pre-2000).

It's a fun game, only the theme causes issues with people, yet after people actually get their hands on it, the game play and humor tends to turn even the detractors.

"Rumor" number does seem high (unless majority were shipped overseas), as they're seldom seen for sale domestically.

Was just relaying what's published in Mr. P.

#59 5 years ago

I know Stern made them in 2010, 2011 and even 2012 as all of mine have had the dates on the back and I bought some from each run. The serial numbers also match up with what was being made at the time. Good pin with one of the cheaper pins in price. Atleast its not a superhero or music or even a movie theme pin! The tribute to AFM is a nice touch.

#60 5 years ago

its fine except for its quirks.

* the auto launch gets balls stuck in the shooter lane during multiball and has a hard time plunging them hard enough. (seen that on several).

*the elk likes to drag against the playfield and have swipe marks on the playfield (from the screw on bottom of it.)
*the buck sometimes doesn't recognize hits (and it cant be adjusted..its just how it is).

the rest is fine.

#61 5 years ago
Quoted from silver_spinner:

its fine except for its quirks.

* the auto launch gets balls stuck in the shooter lane during multiball and has a hard time plunging them hard enough. (seen that on several).

*the elk likes to drag against the playfield and have swipe marks on the playfield (from the screw on bottom of it.)
*the buck sometimes doesn't recognize hits (and it cant be adjusted..its just how it is).

the rest is fine.

My thoughts exactly.

It's fine, except …

I'll play it happily provided there aren't any other pinnes around.

#62 5 years ago

With so few posts after Robins OP, this thread says a lot about the growth of pinside and the hobby in the last three years.

#63 5 years ago

Rare? There's one on location here in a Cinemark... it's not a bad pin, but the theme...yechh. I like the elk gate/bash thing on the right side.

#64 5 years ago

I play the sh.... Outta mine. Fun game.... But for those of you that don't know I am on an under rated game kick. Feel like slumming a bit after seeking all my Williams A titles last year

#65 5 years ago

i have owned two and folks play it at the shop !

#66 5 years ago

It stinks that we can't get true production numbers!!!

#67 5 years ago

We just picked up one of these.. it's awesome. It's funny to read Robin's initial review... we're not into "killing animals" either but the theme is hilarious.. it's lighthearted and silly to the point that the "killings" are no worse than, say, itchy and scratchy.

The Elk toy is truly unique.. requiring you to hit it *hard* to score, so the game helps you out by serving up autolaunches around the orbit for you to 'tee off' on the Elk with. You do have to work on the autolauncher to get it 100% for this mode to be fun, but it's definitely unique. Bird MB is also great, with the self-loading captive ball for the start, and super/double super jackpots later on. Love the shotgun *BLAM* and feathers all over the place. "No need to aim, just fire!" says Pappy. He's good for a lot of other good callouts... great humor all over.

One thing about this game, it's deeper than most people realize. There are six modes, some of which are pretty lucrative, but they're hard to start so most people never see them. One of them (boars gone wild) is a 4 ball multiball that can be stacked with Elk and Birds. Or you can stack Buck, Elk and Birds and another mode, plus moose on the loose and Ram. It's imperative to stack well and keep Ram 2X running to get good scores... difference between a 15M game and 50M easily.

This one so far is a keeper. It blows some other Sterns like Avatar and Avengers out of the water. Gotta love a game with "Critter is lit!" in it. Just don't shoot the does.

#68 5 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

It blows some other Sterns like Avatar and Avengers out of the water.

Do you really think so?

How many times have you played Avengers?

I own both BBH and Avengers. I enjoy both. But Avengers is twice the game BBH is.

deeravenger.jpg
#69 5 years ago

I've played a fair bit of Avengers, but never owned one. The pro suffers from "exploit Loki" syndrome. The premium's crossover helps get rid of the exploit, but the game just isn't fun for me. Shooting the same shots over and over just to spell stuff.. Hulk MB is just ok, same with Loki. It (premium) is fun for a game or two, but that's it. BBH has me playing over and over... it's tough and unforgiving, but so satisfying when you put together a good stack and keep 2x alive during the fun. Avengers just seems like work compared to it... takes so long to get anything going. No humor either, whereas BBH has us laughing quite a bit. Love Pappy's comments.. hit the booze targets: "You're shootin up all the good stuff!"

One trait both games share - they're very susceptible to hardware issues and need to be 100% working and dialed in to be fun. BBH with unresponsive buck and elk and weak flippers sucks. Avengers needs its ramps and shooterlane and such to be adjusted properly.

#70 5 years ago
Quoted from scottc:

Three years later what do we all think??? I never see them for sale. How many did they make? Mine is tore down right now getting a major shop job, I haven't really played it before I tore it down.

I think it is a great game. I'd be proud to have one in my collection; just another awesome Borg game.

#71 5 years ago

I loved mine when I had it. It's a challenging pin for sure!

#72 5 years ago

We love playing it . Great game .

#73 5 years ago

Front left corner of pf done everything removed cleaned and polished and returned. Now the back half of the pf starting this weekend and will finish up with the right front. Cabinet and head cleaned inside and out as well. It will definately pass for one owner HUO when its done. I think it just say in the elk lodge up the mountains collecting dust. I just upgraded the software to 1.7 and I think it had 1.3 on it. I know I messed up and didnt check the audits before programming it but it hasn't seen much play at all, just coil dust and smoke from the lodge........

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Machine - For Sale
Mishawaka, IN
$ 199.99
$ 125.00
Lighting - Backbox
Great American Pinball
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
There are 73 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside