Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 277 posts
  • 111 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Looprunner
  • Topic is favorited by 13 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

850a44a6-a4c2-4563-bf42-0b338a0763f7_screenshot (resized).jpg
    jaws-zen-pinball (resized).jpg
    06D8E96F-C7C2-493D-A44B-5075A7DCABA2 (resized).jpeg
    RW (resized).JPG
    mm (resized).jpg
    gyro (resized).jpg
    hum (resized).jpg
    F110F2C1-C3BB-40B8-B3FD-583697425057.gif
    Screenshot_2019-01-11-06-19-41 (resized).png
    310 to Yuma.jpg
    300 pf translite final lo (resized).jpg
    300 control panel final V4 lo (resized).jpg
    300 coin door front mockup 1 (resized).jpg
    game with poster (resized).jpg
    dots (resized).JPG
    bsd (resized).JPG
    There are 277 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 6.
    #1 5 years ago

All,

I'm thinking the following so far...

1. Elvira 3 (Texas Pinball Reveal the day after)

2. TBD

3. TBD

Munsters will be at 1.0 code by May 2019 - announced on Friday, Dec 21, 2018 unless they stick to Tuesday announcement which would be...Dec 25th!

Tim

#3 5 years ago
    Quoted from Tsskinne:

Jaws
    Jurassic World

I wonder if the release of a Jurassic World pinball machine would drive the price of the Data East Jurassic Park up... or down.

I'd be a killer theme and if they copied the ball eating T-Rex would have a killer toy.

#4 5 years ago
    Quoted from Sidekick74:

All,
    2. TBD
    3. TBD
    Munsters will be at 1.0 code by May 2019 - announced on Friday, Dec 21, 2018 unless they stick to Tuesday announcement which would be...Dec 25th!
    Tim

First game may be Munsters if it's not announced soon.

After Munster's we know stern has Elvira 3 which is rumored for a Fall release. We also know Steve Ritchie is working on an non licensed title that may come in 2019. That just leaves Elwin and Brian Eddy which are both working on unknown titles. Eddy has been rumored to be on Jaws but that's not confirmed. I'm guessing Borg will get a full year on his next one so likely nothing else from him in 2019. So 2019 has potential to have several huge releases. Seems like stern is gearing up to compete with Willy Wonka and possible weed out some of the other companies that are trying to get started.

Could we see Munsters, Jaws, and Elvira 3 in the same year? With Elvira being designed a long time ago that also opens the door for possibly 4 cornerstone releases if Munsters comes at the beginning of the year.

#5 5 years ago

I'm thinking Munsters, Jaws, then Sons Of Anarchy with Myan tie in.

Looking like a great year for Stern, no matter what they do release.

LTG : )

#6 5 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

I'm thinking Munsters, Jaws, then Sons Of Anarchy with Myan tie in.
    Looking like a great year for Stern, no matter what they do release.

Even though it will probably never happen Sons of anarchy would be pretty cool I made this mod for my Sega Harley Davidson.
    IMG_20181109_145748737 (resized).jpgIMG_20181109_145748737 (resized).jpgIMG_20181109_145753432 (resized).jpgIMG_20181109_145753432 (resized).jpg

#7 5 years ago

Elvira will be later in the year, not early.

#8 5 years ago
    Quoted from jgentry:

Could we see Munsters, Jaws, and Elvira 3 in the same year? With Elvira being designed a long time ago that also opens the door for possibly 4 cornerstone releases if Munsters comes at the beginning of the year.

Elvira doesn't appear to be a cornerstone release. Supposedly, Nordman only made one layout for it.

Also, Lyman is rumored to be coding Elivra 3, and he recently said in a podcast his next game is a special release and not a cornerstone.

#9 5 years ago

I'm waiting for rumors on Superman 78.

#10 5 years ago
    Quoted from konghusker:

I'm waiting for rumors on Superman 78.

Me too!

#11 5 years ago

Munsters
    Bk3000
    Elvira

#12 5 years ago

The big Fish
    The Big Lizard

#13 5 years ago

You’ve forgotten the yearly music theme.... What’s it going to be this time?

#14 5 years ago

Any bootleg pix of Elvira 3?

#15 5 years ago

Please - Elvira 3 needs 3 models. Pro, Premium and LE. No cash grab high priced models only. That would be crappy.

If only one model, then make it a Pro only - with Pro Pricing.

No more cash grab games.

#16 5 years ago

Munsters
    Bond/Jaws??
    Steve’s unlicensed game
    Elvira

2019 could be an expensive year!

#17 5 years ago
    Quoted from NoQuarters:

Please - Elvira 3 needs 3 models. Pro, Premium and LE. No cash grab high priced models only. That would be crappy.
    No more cash grab games.

Agreed! But I think it will be one model with Premium pricing.

#18 5 years ago
    Quoted from Cruster:

You’ve forgotten the yearly music theme.... What’s it going to be this time?

Should be Queen, but that's just me. I want to see someone play a ball through Boheimien Rhapsody

#19 5 years ago
    Quoted from NoQuarters:

No more cash grab games.

It's a boutique release. No Pro level in either features or pricing.

#20 5 years ago

As for a Metal pin, Megadeth and Motley Crue might make me open my wallet, but doubt those ever see the light of day, though.
    To my surprise we've sold the shit out of Beatles, so as much as you music pin haters scream, they always sell well which means more on the way.

#21 5 years ago

If they don't do a Godzilla after poaching it from under Spooky I'll be even more pissed

#22 5 years ago
    Quoted from Sidekick74:

All,
    2. TBD
    3. TBD
    Tim

What announcement :-p next game is probably going to be released at CES... with jack danger in their booth to talk and stream it

#23 5 years ago

Any solid rumors on a Tron VE?

#24 5 years ago

Munsters
    Jaws
    Jurassic world
    Walking dead vault
    Elvira3

#25 5 years ago
    Quoted from jorro:

Walking dead vault

next vault is not walking dead

#26 5 years ago

Munsters
    Rest of Beatles run
    Bk3k
    Bill and Ted or Beetleguese
    Elvira 3
    Jurassic World?

Reruns of some
    100 of something based on home spiderman layout.

#27 5 years ago

Godzilla:King of Monsters in May 2019!

#28 5 years ago
    Quoted from pascal-pinball:

next vault is not walking dead

Please enlighten us

#29 5 years ago

Will they EVER do a LOTR Vault?

#30 5 years ago
    Quoted from hollywood:

No.

Unless they do. Then yes.

#31 5 years ago

Slayer!?

#32 5 years ago

Wu-tang!!!

#33 5 years ago
    Quoted from hollywood:

Yes. It's probably the only vault with massive sales potential they have left.

#34 5 years ago
    Quoted from Sinestro:

Elvira doesn't appear to be a cornerstone release. Supposedly, Nordman only made one layout for it.
    Also, Lyman is rumored to be coding Elivra 3, and he recently said in a podcast his next game is a special release and not a cornerstone.

So it’s a contract labor game like Supreme, PBR, and Primus? I figured it might be.

#35 5 years ago

Not a contract game. From what a couple folks are saying, just a one model cash grab game with Premium type pricing. Casandra Peterson isn't going to be selling them. So not a contracted game. Cash Grab only edition is the rumor, but hopefully that is not the case and it will be a regular cornerstone. Probably will be a long time until we find out. For a confirmed game Elvira sure has been on the back burner a long time.

#36 5 years ago

I think Stern are doing Bon Jovi.

On tour next year for first time in 6 years.

https://www.bonjovi.com/tour/

Few people mentioned about a year ago that Stern have the licence.

Number 26 in the all time list.

https://ohnotheydidnt.livejournal.com/66626388.html

Maybe this is what Elwin is working on?

#37 5 years ago

Does anyone really want a BK3000? BK was amazing for its time and is still a great game in a larger lineup as a showcase of that era. BK2000 was very very shallow and not a lot of fun, bad artwork, dizzying / disorienting light show with the rotational lighted inserts. The theme resonates with no one in this day and age. I can hardly think of a System 11 game I would want less than BK2000. If he is working on an unlicensed "sequel" type game I pray its Getaway 3.

#38 5 years ago
    Quoted from NoQuarters:

No more cash grab games.

You can forget about that considering Beatles send to be a big success for them. Market has spoken and I don't blame them for continuing either.

An earlier post mentioned Jurassic world and jaws. Both of those would be instant buys for me unless they pulled the Beatles approach.

Imo bill and Ted's is coming out this year made by BE. The guy practically confirmed it on a recent lit tilt podcast.

#39 5 years ago
    Quoted from delt31:

Imo bill and Ted's is coming out this year made by BE. The guy practically confirmed it on a recent lit tilt podcast.

I will continue to cross my fingers. This is my #2 top dream theme after Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. IF that one ever got made it just feels more like a JJP choice of theme.
    Stern could rock a nice bill and Ted theme though. Zombie Yeti art please, not photoshop.

#40 5 years ago
    Quoted from Shapeshifter:

I think Stern are doing Bon Jovi.
    On tour next year for first time in 6 years.
    https://www.bonjovi.com/tour/
    Number 26 in the all time list.
    https://ohnotheydidnt.livejournal.com/66626388.html
    Maybe this is what Elwin is working on?

What? Why?
    bonjovi.gifbonjovi.gif

#41 5 years ago
    Quoted from delt31:

You can forget about that considering Beatles send to be a big success for them. Market has spoken and I don't blame them for continuing either.

Contact your distro and see how big of a success it is for him. Those are not doing very well for number of units sold. Stern would love to get more orders from the distributors but the sales are not there in unit numbers. Distributors are not asking for more. Numbers of games sold is low.

#42 5 years ago
    Quoted from Guinnesstime:

What? Why?
    [quoted image]

Gotta get that 40-65yr female demographic

#43 5 years ago
    Quoted from Dkjimbo:

BK2000 was very very shallow and not a lot of fun, bad artwork, dizzying / disorienting light show with the rotational lighted inserts. The theme resonates with no one in this day and age. I can hardly think of a System 11 game I would want less than BK2000.

You can't imagine how much I disagree. But to each their own.

Quoted from Dkjimbo:

If he is working on an unlicensed "sequel" type game I pray its Getaway 3.

I would love that.

#44 5 years ago
    Quoted from Guinnesstime:

What? Why?
    [quoted image]

Guessing because they have sold 130 million records?

Can't remember how strong the rumor was that Stern acquired the licence.

It's the kind of licence Stern would buy - RS, AC/DC, KISS, MET, AS.

#45 5 years ago

Has anyone provided proof?

#46 5 years ago
    Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Has anyone provided proof?

I can't remember how solid the rumor was.

#47 5 years ago

I can't remember how solid the rumor was.

And in perfect Pinsider fashion, you immediately posted it.

#48 5 years ago
    Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

I wonder if the release of a Jurassic World pinball machine would drive the price of the Data East Jurassic Park up... or down.
    I'd be a killer theme and if they copied the ball eating T-Rex would have a killer toy.

I personally do not think jurassic park will ever go down. It's going up. My opinion.

But down.
    No. Just my opinion.

Part of my reasoning is that in this market, no good pinball will go down.

Of course there can be exceptions.

#49 5 years ago

Guessing because they have sold 130 million records?
    Can't remember how strong the rumor was that Stern acquired the licence.
    It's the kind of licence Stern would buy - RS, AC/DC, KISS, MET, AS.

Bon Jovi has 13 studio albums and 130,000,000 in album sales since 1984.
    Coldplay has 7 studio albums and 100,000,000 in album sales since 2000.

This doesn't mean they deserve pins.

#50 5 years ago

Jurassic World would be a slam dunk theme....BUT...God help us if they go the route of Star Wars and ruin an amazingly rich theme with a game that has absolutely no theme integration outside of the LCD video clips...The Data East Jurassic Park is timeless and a blast to play. Add a pinsound and color DMD and it holds up amazingly well. I am fearful we will get the Star Wars treatment though. Frankly JJP would do a much better job with theme integration.

There are 277 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-releases-2019?hl=chalkey and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.