Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 277 posts
  • 111 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Looprunner
  • Topic is favorited by 13 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

850a44a6-a4c2-4563-bf42-0b338a0763f7_screenshot (resized).jpg
    jaws-zen-pinball (resized).jpg
    06D8E96F-C7C2-493D-A44B-5075A7DCABA2 (resized).jpeg
    RW (resized).JPG
    mm (resized).jpg
    gyro (resized).jpg
    hum (resized).jpg
    F110F2C1-C3BB-40B8-B3FD-583697425057.gif
    Screenshot_2019-01-11-06-19-41 (resized).png
    310 to Yuma.jpg
    300 pf translite final lo (resized).jpg
    300 control panel final V4 lo (resized).jpg
    300 coin door front mockup 1 (resized).jpg
    game with poster (resized).jpg
    dots (resized).JPG
    bsd (resized).JPG
    There are 277 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 6.
    #201 5 years ago

Hey Hazoff, your avatar reminds me of what needs to be made soon !

Based on first 2 movies Mad Max the road warrior would be an instant hit !

Some of the cheap toys have been done already

Stern might be the only Pinball company left with the balls to make a game with some violence ?

hum (resized).jpghum (resized).jpgmm (resized).jpgmm (resized).jpggyro (resized).jpggyro (resized).jpg

RW (resized).JPGRW (resized).JPG
    #202 5 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:I think Superman78 is next

Ugh. Hard to believe they would do that game. At least my money would be 100% safe until I see the Eddy or Ritchie game.

#203 5 years ago

Super-floppers no way but games will always will be made off special effects superhero no plot movies boring but as long as they play well

#204 5 years ago

Peak Downs Highway - The Movie.

If left to Stern, will likely be a PG13 within a week.

#205 5 years ago
    Quoted from pintuck:

Peak Downs Highway - The Movie.
    If left to Stern, will likely be a PG13 within a week.

Hey,

I know you,
    Mr Believe it or not

Its Fury road, but yeah Peak down highway is just as crazy !

You mad man !

We need more hardcore Pinball

Hopefully SR "The King" will deliver !!!!!

The kind of action that could make for Awesome pinball !

#206 5 years ago
    Quoted from RA77:

Hey,
    I know you,
    Mr Believe it or not
    Its Fury road, but yeah Peak down highway is just as crazy !
    You mad man !
    We need more hardcore Pinball
    Hopefully SR "The King" will deliver !!!!!
    The kind of action that could make for Awesome pinball !

That car chase list sucks. No Bourne or Mad Max (Specifically Road Warrior or Fury Road) car chases represented? Fail.

#207 5 years ago
    Quoted from PinMonk:

That car chase list sucks. No Bourne or Mad Max (Specifically Road Warrior or Fury Road) car chases represented? Fail.

Fair call Vic
    Here ya go

#208 5 years ago
    Quoted from John_I:

Ugh. Hard to believe they would do that game. At least my money would be 100% safe until I see the Eddy or Ritchie game.

It could be that Superman 78 is the Eddy game!

#209 5 years ago

Brian Eddy could do the emoji movie and I'd still be excited to play it.
    I want his next game to be Bill and Ted but I've got a feeling Jaws will translate into a good Eddy game.

#210 5 years ago

I have Batman 66. Here’s my family’s thoughts:

Munsters - possibly
    Superman 78 - likely
    Jaws - no. As iconic as the movie is, it’s dated.
    Bond - maybe
    Elvira - almost certainly

Caveat is that we could get a max of two of the above.

#211 5 years ago
    Quoted from jfh:

Munsters - possibly
    Superman 78 - likely
    Bond - maybe

Jaws is not dated. Jesus, many would say it's less dated than the rest on your list.

#212 5 years ago

I’m excited as the next guy to see what Brian Eddy comes up with. But I’ve tempered expectations a bit here. He’s no longer designing at B/W and has to “fit” within the BOM at Stern. Which tends to homogenize layouts and reel in creativity. Just a sad reality.

#213 5 years ago
    Quoted from jfh:

Munsters - possibly
    Superman 78 - likely
    Bond - maybe

No to Jaws because its dated but maybe to Munsters? No kid is voting Munsters over Superman and Sharks
    If Stern was strictly looking at current relevancy, Batman '66 would have been Batman vs Superman or something abysmal.
    80s movies (or earlier) have big cult followings and target an age group with disposable income.
    I hope they make a whack load of em. The Last Starfighter, Bill and Ted, ET, Top Gun, Beetlejuice, Jaws, Labyrinth, Die Hard, Goonies, classic Tron, BTTF, Bond, Gremlins, the A Team, Speed Racer, Transformers G1. Not all games I would want but all games that would do great numbers if done well.
    I'll keep dreaming for now.

#214 5 years ago
    Quoted from mrm_4:

The good the bad and the ugly would make for an epic modern stern game

Found this in a new BBQ joint, and would love to see as a pinball

06D8E96F-C7C2-493D-A44B-5075A7DCABA2 (resized).jpeg06D8E96F-C7C2-493D-A44B-5075A7DCABA2 (resized).jpeg
    #215 5 years ago
    Quoted from Pincrazy:

[quoted image]

That's pretty cool looking.

#216 5 years ago

Yup, Zen must have thought Jaws was dated too. There's no way this youth oriented video game company would have licensed that!

Ooops.

jaws-zen-pinball (resized).jpgjaws-zen-pinball (resized).jpg
    #217 5 years ago
    Quoted from Sethman:

I’m excited as the next guy to see what Brian Eddy comes up with. But I’ve tempered expectations a bit here. He’s no longer designing at B/W and has to “fit” within the BOM at Stern. Which tends to homogenize layouts and reel in creativity. Just a sad reality.

Recently, that BOM lead to machines like Iron Maiden, Metallica and The Walking Dead. A first time designer just created one of the best games ever with that BOM.

AFM doesn't have that much more (if any) in terms of BOM than a modern Stern.

Just a happy reality.

#218 5 years ago
    Quoted from Pincrazy:

[quoted image]

Just that movie, or the trilogy? OT, but they filmed those movies with no sound because everyone was speaking different languages. Dubbed in everything after.

#219 5 years ago
    Quoted from Shapeshifter:

It could be that Superman 78 is the Eddy game!

Then I'd be out on that game too despite the fact that I love his designs. That would make things easier for coming up with money for the Ritchie game.

#220 5 years ago

Stern dealer around here is taking orders for Summer 2019 Rolling Stones.

#221 5 years ago
    Quoted from allknowing2012:

Maybe a VE?

#222 5 years ago

Is this really a rumor?
    I’d love to see another Stones machine as long as a new design.
    They are embarking on what will perhaps be their last US tour this summer.

#223 5 years ago

I'd rather have Spinal Tap than another lame Rolling Stones pin. But maybe Stern wants another crack at it after making probably the worst licensed music pin they've ever done the first time.

#224 5 years ago
    Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

No to Jaws because its dated but maybe to Munsters? No kid is voting Munsters over Superman and Sharks

I was listing my family’s opinion. My “kids” are 28 and 35. Both like Jaws but don’t think the theme holds up well. They would probably like a shark based pin.

Munsters (and Elvira) were my favorites and I probably got some sympathy votes because Munsters is a nice compliment to BM66. We have HH, EATPM, SS, TAF so no one has a problem with the themeing.

All of us believe Superman 78 is “the” Superman and a Back To The Future pin done well would be a slam dunk yes (though all of us would prefer that it was a JJP pin).

I expect a Jaws pin would do well with many age brackets. But it’s a hard no from our family especially when we have no space and have to get rid of a beloved title just to make room for a new game. We don’t have any “maybes” in our current collection.

#225 5 years ago

If we’re all wishing... I would be all in on a Conan the Barbarian theme. Not as popular anymore so I doubt it would ever happen but the ‘83 version isn’t appealing, at least to me.

#226 5 years ago

IMO
    No on Goonies.
    No on Back to the Future
    No on Superman

Jaws would be awesome
    Bond maybe
    Something original/ made up 80s style (Sorcerer) would be perfect.

#227 5 years ago
    Quoted from jfh:

I was listing my family’s opinion. My “kids” are 28 and 35. Both like Jaws but don’t think the theme holds up well. They would probably like a shark based pin.
    Munsters (and Elvira) were my favorites and I probably got some sympathy votes because Munsters is a nice compliment to BM66. We have HH, EATPM, SS, TAF so no one has a problem with the themeing.
    All of us believe Superman 78 is “the” Superman and a Back To The Future pin done well would be a slam dunk yes (though all of us would prefer that it was a JJP pin).
    I expect a Jaws pin would do well with many age brackets. But it’s a hard no from our family especially when we have no space and have to get rid of a beloved title just to make room for a new game. We don’t have any “maybes” in our current collection.

I didnt mention if your family had kids or not (although I did figure I meant people that lived in the house).
    As far as relevancy, i stick to my guns, no kid is going to pick Munsters over Superman or sharks.
    I still feel like Munsters was B list Addams Family.
    It's like if Batman '66 was The Green Hornet instead. Not a bad show but......

#228 5 years ago

Why the obsession with licensed themes? Over the years I have enjoyed many pins that weren’t related to a band or movie.

#229 5 years ago
    Quoted from jfh:

Bond - maybe

Seriously? Like it"s ALL dated on that list. LOL

And btw I agree, no Jaws for me. Stupid one clip LCD theme

#230 5 years ago

I could see 300 as a pin and you could put the 300 Rise of an Empire stuff in it to..

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0416449/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

#231 5 years ago
    Quoted from John_I:

No offense sir but you also thought Back to the Future hasn't aged well.

#232 5 years ago
    Quoted from Sinestro:Jaws is not dated. Jesus, many would say it's less dated than the rest on your list.

I agree 100% some films are timeless, Jaws is certainly one of those.

#233 5 years ago
    Quoted from Hazoff:

No offense sir but you also thought Back to the Future hasn't aged well.

Quoted from Hazoff:

I agree 100% some films are timeless, Jaws is certainly one of those.

I agree with both of those statements.

#234 5 years ago

I realize nostalgia is gold in our time.

#235 5 years ago

Was this the Godzilla licence Stern outbid Spooky?

Looks pretty good!

#236 5 years ago

No, they got the Togo classic Godzilla.

#238 5 years ago

I would love a Destroy All Monsters pin.

#239 5 years ago
    Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Was this the Godzilla licence Stern outbid Spooky?
    Looks pretty good!

Plot seems unnecessarily convoluted. It's Godzilla. Leave it at that.

The line from Tywin Lannister was funny, though.

#240 5 years ago
    Quoted from gamera9:

No, they got the Togo classic Godzilla.

Well the Netflix Godzilla Anime series is running in South Africa...

#241 5 years ago

I wouldn't be surprised if they made a Black Panther pin

#242 5 years ago
    Quoted from Raegor:

I wouldn't be surprised if they made a Black Panther pin

I would.

#244 5 years ago

It was a really good movie, but it needs to be a 3 movie franchise before I would expect a pin from Stern.

#245 5 years ago
    Quoted from PinMonk:

I'd rather have Spinal Tap than another lame Rolling Stones pin. But maybe Stern wants another crack at it after making probably the worst licensed music pin they've ever done the first time.

I couldn’t have quoted it better !
    I bought a LE Stones and it was hands
    Down the worst game I have ever
    Owned, no mods , LEDs or miracles
    Could help it and the music was so scrambled it was awful

I’m a huge Stones fan but I’d rather play
    The original Bally but the Backglass was
    Hideous!

#246 5 years ago
    Quoted from John_I:

It was a really good movie, but it needs to be a 3 movie franchise before I would expect a pin from Stern.

That has nothing to do with it.

#247 5 years ago

Not for nothing but when I talked to JJack in 2017 he said he could get the Bond theme but not all the assets (Connery, Dalton and others). Unless Stern pulled a rabbit out of their hat I wouldn't expect a full Bond tribute game.

Odd a year later he came out with POTC with no assets...

#248 5 years ago

I'm a classics guy, I don't care about licencing so I'm probably speaking to the empty wilderness here. It will probably never get made, but I would LOVE to see an Edgar Allen Poe machine. Bring an American literary genius, the creator of the modern horror story and modern mystery...to life! This is a Stern thread, but maybe Spooky too?

Pre-1900 means no proprietary fees, and a RICH set of themes that could influence the PF and modes: Fall of the House of Usher; Tell-Tale Heart; Pit and the Pendulum; Murders in the Rue Morgue; The Raven; Descent into the Maelstrom; Masque of the Red Death; Lenore; The Gold-Bug...damn, that would be a rich palette to create from!

#249 5 years ago
    Quoted from Pinballer67:

I'm a classics guy, I don't care about licencing so I'm probably speaking to the empty wilderness here. It will probably never get made, but I would LOVE to see an Edgar Allen Poe machine. Bring an American literary genius, the creator of the modern horror story and modern mystery...to life! This is a Stern thread, but maybe Spooky too?
    Pre-1900 means no proprietary fees, and a RICH set of themes that could influence the PF and modes: Fall of the House of Usher; Tell-Tale Heart; Pit and the Pendulum; Murders in the Rue Morgue; The Raven; Descent into the Maelstrom; Masque of the Red Death; Lenore; The Gold-Bug...damn, that would be a rich palette to create from!

Poe would be pretty cool....might have been better released coinciding with the TV show "The Following" (which referenced Poe a lot). At least he is back in the relevant(?) category.
    Why stop at Poe? A Grimm pinball could be sweet as well! Maybe even Jack the Ripper!

I still want to see a Vault LOTR - does anyone think that this will happen??

#250 5 years ago
    Quoted from hollywood:

Poe would be pretty cool....might have been better released coinciding with the TV show "The Following" (which referenced Poe a lot). At least he is back in the relevant(?) category.
    Why stop at Poe? A Grimm pinball could be sweet as well! Maybe even Jack the Ripper!
    I still want to see a Vault LOTR - does anyone think that this will happen??

Grimm would be good, Jack the Ripper maybe...the original Alice in Wonderland (using original artwork, not the movies IP's) would be royalty-free too...

For LOTR Vault, I don't even think Stern knows right now. I think the top 2 requests for vaults are Tron and LOTR -- there are several threads discussing these possible vaults.

There are 277 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-releases-2019/page/5 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.