Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 277 posts
  • 111 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Looprunner
  • Topic is favorited by 13 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

850a44a6-a4c2-4563-bf42-0b338a0763f7_screenshot (resized).jpg
    jaws-zen-pinball (resized).jpg
    06D8E96F-C7C2-493D-A44B-5075A7DCABA2 (resized).jpeg
    RW (resized).JPG
    mm (resized).jpg
    gyro (resized).jpg
    hum (resized).jpg
    F110F2C1-C3BB-40B8-B3FD-583697425057.gif
    Screenshot_2019-01-11-06-19-41 (resized).png
    310 to Yuma.jpg
    300 pf translite final lo (resized).jpg
    300 control panel final V4 lo (resized).jpg
    300 coin door front mockup 1 (resized).jpg
    game with poster (resized).jpg
    dots (resized).JPG
    bsd (resized).JPG
    There are 277 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 6.
    #151 5 years ago
    Quoted from TrueJedi:

Stern also has a habit of releasing superhero pins. Lots of talk about a Superman, but I also see they are resurrecting Hellboy in theatres this April. Not sure that's likely though considering DP was a 3Q 2018 release.

I HOPE they don't do the new Hellboy - it looks atrocious. Terrible direction, the new Hellboy version looks weird, and the tone is completely wrong.

#152 5 years ago
    Quoted from PinballManiac40:

I believe the next games will be
    Steve Ritchie's unlicensed theme March/April
    Brian Eddy's game July/August
    Elvira 3 October/November

Agree
    Would all these be classed as cornerstones ?
    I have been hanging for SR's next Gem.
    After listening to Brian I think something special is on the horizon.
    And yeah E3 the hype has not started but when the leaks start happening there will be a ton of love for this one !
    Looks like Stern has 2019 wrapped up
    A couple of custom small run games in between the big runs.
    Yep Stern is gonna kill it again.

#153 5 years ago
    Quoted from RA77:

Agree
    Would all these be classed as cornerstones ?
    I have been hanging for SR's next Gem.
    After listening to Brian I think something special is on the horizon.
    And yeah E3 the hype has not started but when the leaks start happening there will be a ton of love for this one !
    Looks like Stern has 2019 wrapped up
    A couple of custom small run games in between the big runs.
    Yep Stern is gonna kill it again.

If Stern reinvests the profits back into R&D and QC, they will be top dog for a long time to come. I’m hopeful but realistic.

#154 5 years ago

Gomez said he designed this game. I don't know how it fits in 2019. [quoted image]

Masters

Of

The

Universe

#155 5 years ago
    Quoted from underlord:

If Stern reinvests the profits back into R&D and QC, they will be top dog for a long time to come. I’m hopeful but realistic.

Fair comment
    R&D/ Engineering improvements are required if Stern wants to compete with the up and coming JJP titles and Deeproot tech.
    And yes improved QC for all manufacturers is a must.
    Considering the amount of games Stem punch out I think at this time their QC only just passable. It is most important to maintain the after sales service.
    Sterns overheads now would be extreme, so I guess there is not a great deal left over to re-invest.

Now is the time for manufacturers to work smarter not harder. Stern is obviously doing well with this by reducing the BoM , but I and am sure many others do not wish for the quality of the product to be comprised. (Please ensure all component providers improve quality) Vet the components. If they are not to a high standard reject them.

The competition is good,
    2019 is shaping up to be the year of reckoning for all including Stern.
    Exciting times for Pinball

#156 5 years ago

Next release should be

Exploding Kittens

Just let that sink in for a minute and I know you’ll agree.

#157 5 years ago
    Quoted from JoinTheCirqus:

Next release should be
    Exploding Kittens
    Just let that sink in for a minute and I know you’ll agree.

I dunno. Who’s coding?

F110F2C1-C3BB-40B8-B3FD-583697425057.gifF110F2C1-C3BB-40B8-B3FD-583697425057.gif
    #158 5 years ago
    Quoted from CthulhuTilted:

This was the design Stern used on the booth floor for the Munsters release at CES. I assumed it wasn't a game at all?

Time will tell if it really will be a released game. I feel that it will be.

#159 5 years ago
    Quoted from hank527:

Masters
    Of
    The
    Universe

I am praying to the pinball gods for this one to happen

#160 5 years ago
    Quoted from silver_spinner:

female/dance/pop/electronic female single artist (edm) (14 songs)
    rap/hip hop/R&B= 10 songs
    electronic duo, etc/edm- 11 songs
    bubble gum pop music- 5 songs

That might be the most terrible thing I've ever seen and prompt the question is it better a comet wipes us out now before we spread into the cosmos? I'm thinking yes with that line up, what a terrible generation of dreamy eyed screwballs.

#161 5 years ago

I believe the next games will be
    Steve Ritchie's unlicensed theme March/April
    Brian Eddy's game July/August
    Elvira 3 October/November

Isn’t Brian’s game coming before Steve’s next one? That’s what I have heard but happy to be corrected I’m looking forward to both of these games big time, enough so that Munsters is on the back burner until I see what magic Brian brings and hopefully Steve’s got his mojo back and creates another masterpiece.

#162 5 years ago
    Quoted from PinMonk:

Music games that did well to very well on the route I help with:
    AC/DC LTBR
    Metallica Premium (the Pro was a route dud, so we upgraded, and it was worth it)
    KISS Premium
    Iron Maiden Pro
    Music games that sucked balls on that same route:
    Aerosmith Premium

Wow... Really Aerosmith was a dud... That has one of the coolest ball locks ever. Nice animations, good music..
    I own a Maiden. And so I really don't like putting money on one, even though I own a prem, and I do like to see the differences. But, to date I've only put like 4 dollars on the two maidens I've seen in the wild.
    I will say I sucked at playing the aerosmith. Only got one replay.
    While I really enjoyed the kiss I played. That is a great machine. Looks great, good music, good animations, and just a fun to play game.
    I've never put any money or even play a metallica even if it was free. No thank you. Never, ever.

#163 5 years ago
    Quoted from badbilly27:

Should be Queen, but that's just me. I want to see someone play a ball through Boheimien Rhapsody

I would buy one immediately. Money in hand Stern

#164 5 years ago

Friday the 13th. Would be cool.

#165 5 years ago

Gomez said he designed this game. I don't know how it fits in 2019. [quoted image]

No he didn't.

That picture, as posted earlier, is the carpet im the Stern CES booth and never was intended to go on pinball machine in the first place. (As stated months ago by myself, because the set up for that illustration wasn't made for that.)

Gomez said that we'll see another game heavily influenced by him at the time that picture floated around. So maybe thats where you come from.
    But he was relating to Beatles wich he revamped. (Wich I also wrote before the game came out.)

WTF I sound like the K man. XD

YOU HEARD IT HERE FIRST!!!

Well I also predicted Bill & Ted comes up next tuesday...
    (This monday is going on for months.)

#166 5 years ago
    Quoted from Azmodeus:

Genesis deserves every cent they have taken from me.

And me. My favorite band of all time.

#167 5 years ago
    Quoted from DS_Nadine:

No he didn't.
    That picture, as posted earlier, is the carpet im the Stern CES booth and never was intended to go on pinball machine in the first place. (As stated months ago by myself, because the set up for that illustration wasn't made for that.)
    Gomez said that we'll see another game heavily influenced by him at the time that picture floated around. So maybe thats where you come from.
    But he was relating to Beatles wich he revamped. (Wich I also wrote before the game came out.)

WTF I sound like the K man. XD
    YOU HEARD IT HERE FIRST!!!
    Well I also predicted Bill & Ted comes up next tuesday...
    (This monday is going on for months.)

I'm still hoping you are right about bill and ted

#168 5 years ago
    Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

I'm still hoping you are right about bill and ted

Well I'm definately wrong about "next tuesday".

But despite that, yeah... I hope it'll happen.

#169 5 years ago

Oh I get it but there is only 6. I wish someone would pick this up and manufacture it.

#170 5 years ago

Surly sales with Queen would be a better seller than Bon Jovi ?

I have fingers,toes,arms and legs crossed for Jaws!
    Need a bigger room

#171 5 years ago
    Quoted from Tsskinne:

Jaws
    Jurassic World

Hope so, my wallet would be safe.....I need a break

#172 5 years ago
    Quoted from Squizz:

Surly sales with Queen would be a better seller than Bon Jovi ?

Is the question mark really needed here? Oh wait I just did the same thing. Queen would outsell Bon Jovi 100 to 1.

#173 5 years ago
    Quoted from Hazoff:

Is the question mark really needed here? Oh wait I just did the same thing. Queen would outsell Bon Jovi 100 to 1.

Maybe because of the recent movie...but I wouldn’t bet against ‘merica!

#174 5 years ago

If Brian Eddy did not already have something predesigned before getting hired in March 2018, I think it will still will be around July/August before we see his first Stern pin.

Having said that, a Steve Ritchie game, I believe, would be a March/April release. I would not hold my breath for a TPF showing.

#175 5 years ago
    Quoted from mnpinball:

Hope so, my wallet would be safe.....I need a break

What about Bond?

#176 5 years ago

I'm dieing to hear more solid info on Superman 78. That's the one game I'm waiting for.

#177 5 years ago
    Quoted from konghusker:

I'm dieing to hear more solid info on Superman 78. That's the one game I'm waiting for.

I’d guess a Kapow title maybe?

#178 5 years ago
    Quoted from J85M:

I’d guess a Kapow title maybe?

I’m thinking Bond will be the next Kapow title at a very high price.

There are some nice Bond Slot machines recently out that have good content and movie assets.

#179 5 years ago
    Quoted from Psw757:

I’m thinking Bond will be the next Kapow title at a very high price.
    There are some nice Bond Slot machines recently out that have good content and movie assets.

There are a bunch of new Bond slots, Goldfinger, Thunderball, Diamonds are Forever, so I can totally see a Bond pin in the near future.

#180 5 years ago
    Quoted from PinMonk:

There are a bunch of new Bond slots, Goldfinger, Thunderball, Diamonds are Forever, so I can totally see a Bond pin in the near future.

They are pretty sweet! There is a new Goonies slot that is pretty good too, I see this coming in a pinball machine as well.

#181 5 years ago
    Quoted from Psw757:

They are pretty sweet! There is a new Goonies slot that is pretty good too, I see this coming in a pinball machine as well.

The Goonies one is way more interactive than the Bond ones. I'd be totally cool with a Goonies pin, as long as you can't get to Rocky Road on ball one.

#182 5 years ago

Seems like slots get all the good themes

#183 5 years ago
    Quoted from mzhulk:

Seems like slots get all the good themes

Just shows that the licensing is possible to attain.

#184 5 years ago
    Quoted from PinMonk:

The Goonies one is way more interactive than the Bond ones. I'd be totally cool with a Goonies pin, as long as you can't get to Rocky Road on ball one.

This is probably at the top of my want list, I hope it happens soon!

There was a rumor a few month ago that this may actually be the Deeproot title. Hoping it isn’t because I don’t think we will see anything from them in the short term.

#185 5 years ago
    Quoted from Psw757:

Just shows that the licensing is possible to attain.

True! And I agree, but slots are waaay more profitable and probably have a larger sum to the license holder :/

#186 5 years ago

If Stern does E3 I hope they do it Right !
    Scared Stiff is a classic

#187 5 years ago
    Quoted from konghusker:

It is supposedly next at TPF.

Bond is about the only guarantee left for me.

I agree that IF Kamikow does another pin that should be the one.

Just back from Vegas and the slot machine licensing BLOWS right now. Goonies has been around and took my money! Won it back on Tarzan and Walking Dead.

#188 5 years ago

Nice won Iceman !

Could we be surprised with a Tarzan pin ?

That could be very cool !

#189 5 years ago
    Quoted from RA77:

Nice won Iceman !
    Could we be surprised with a Tarzan pin ?
    That could be very cool !

Fun game right! I hit $700 or so twice on the wilds and then tarzans on next 3 lines. 3 times Minor. Last one at the airport earlier today!

I was hitting it at $5 per.

Def better than the old Tarzan game.

But i stubbornly stayed at the Goonies too long

#190 5 years ago

I will admit I'm not thrilled with the graphics on the Tarzan slots

I hope if any manufacturer does pick up Tarzan licence they can make the display and graphics amazing

No need to go back to the old films a modern take on the legend could be fantastic !

Really digging the graphics and audio on the Bond slots.

2019 a Stern Bond 007 Pinball will be AMAZING ! and i.m guessing it will have an upper playfield

#191 5 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

It is supposedly next at TPF.
    Bond is about the only guarantee left for me.
    I agree that IF Kamikow does another pin that should be the one.

Supermans likely to be Kapow as he already has the licence for slots, which is the same way BM66 happened isn’t it?

Rumours on the U.K boards are that BOND is next or at least this year.

Bond is a definite buy from me
    Superman is pretty tempting too
    Steve Ritchie’s unlicensed game could also be amazing

If all is true above 2019 is looking expensive!

#192 5 years ago
    Quoted from RA77:

I will admit I'm not thrilled with the graphics on the Tarzan slots
    I hope if any manufacturer does pick up Tarzan licence they can make the display and graphics amazing
    No need to go back to the old films a modern take on the legend could be fantastic !
    Really digging the graphics and audio on the Bond slots.
    2019 a Stern Bond 007 Pinball will be AMAZING ! and i.m guessing it will have an upper playfield

Is Tarzan even under copyright anymore? I doubt it since Disney did an animated version 20 years ago

#193 5 years ago
    Quoted from Anonymouse:

Is Tarzan even under copyright anymore? I doubt it since Disney did an animated version 20 years ago

there was a tarzan movie in 2016

#194 5 years ago

Stern doesn't announce new games at TPF. They usually spotlight their latest games there; in this case Munsters.

#195 5 years ago

I hope they make Elvira 3 in all models because a pro is the only one I could possibly afford. Even at NIB pricing right now it’s a stretch.

#196 5 years ago

I would love to see Marco industries enter the pinball manufacturing game.

Off topic. More pinball.

Stern doesn't really "announce" upcoming games do they?

They seem to announce current games only...

I have only been watching about six years.

#197 5 years ago
    Quoted from LargemouthAss:

pinheads cannot wait for Elvira's 68-year-old cleavage to be featured on her third pin... .

Will the artwork go all the way down to the floor??

#198 5 years ago
    Quoted from J85M:

Rumours on the U.K boards are that BOND is next or at least this year.

Bond is a definite buy from me

Bond is the last must have theme for me that is being discussed, unless its just based on one movie which would be ridiculous.

There are Bond slot machines now too. The future Kapow game.

I think Superman78 is next and not Kapow.

#199 5 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

Bond is the last must have theme for me that is being discussed, unless its just based on one movie which would be ridiculous.
    There are Bond slot machines now too. The future Kapow game.
    I think Superman78 is next and not Kapow.

My wallet would prefer if both Bond and Superman where not Kapow releases, especially Bond unless it means more will be packed in it.

#200 5 years ago

Like you a lot of u guys with BM66, Munsters and The Beatles, Superman '78 would be a must have, based on 1 and 2 and done right I'm in. Those films were big for me as a young fellar. Oh and Jaws and a great Bond pin. Could be a very expensive year. I hope so.

There are 277 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-releases-2019/page/4?hl=ausretrogamer and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.