Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 277 posts
  • 111 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Looprunner
  • Topic is favorited by 13 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

850a44a6-a4c2-4563-bf42-0b338a0763f7_screenshot (resized).jpg
    jaws-zen-pinball (resized).jpg
    06D8E96F-C7C2-493D-A44B-5075A7DCABA2 (resized).jpeg
    RW (resized).JPG
    mm (resized).jpg
    gyro (resized).jpg
    hum (resized).jpg
    F110F2C1-C3BB-40B8-B3FD-583697425057.gif
    Screenshot_2019-01-11-06-19-41 (resized).png
    310 to Yuma.jpg
    300 pf translite final lo (resized).jpg
    300 control panel final V4 lo (resized).jpg
    300 coin door front mockup 1 (resized).jpg
    game with poster (resized).jpg
    dots (resized).JPG
    bsd (resized).JPG
    There are 277 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 6.
    #101 5 years ago
    Quoted from Kharris:

I think something with a Greek mythology theme would be great. So much potential imo.

WOOLY

#102 5 years ago
    Quoted from Sinestro:

More information has come to light.

See above.

Oh is that it? And I thought you were just slow... since others concluded that a year ago.

Quoted from Sinestro:

We're all trying to read the tea leaves here, bub.

That's quite a double standard. When it's you putting your foot in your mouth, it's just an innocent mistake. But with others, you love to come down like you're some kind of authority, with a condescending tone no less.

It reminds me of another pinsider who was a bumbling buffoon, "Captain_Kirk". You might want to research that fellow below. He eventually so disgraced himself with so many pinsiders, he permanently left 2 years ago with his tail between his legs. Then he came back as a different user, but old habits die hard so most recognized him easily.

https://pinside.com/pinball/community/pinsiders/captain_kirk/forum

#103 5 years ago
    Quoted from Kharris:

I think something with a Greek mythology theme would be great. So much potential imo.

Gladiators would be cool

#104 5 years ago
    Quoted from Daditude:

Gladiators would be cool

Yep

Greek
    Gladiators
    Western

What about some more board games. Fireball Island, Risk, Clue, Battleship?

#105 5 years ago
    Quoted from jgentry:

Yep
    Greek
    Gladiators
    Western
    What about some more board games. Fireball Island, Risk, Clue, Battleship?

I would buy a clue themed pin in a heartbeat

#106 5 years ago
    Quoted from Daditude:

I would buy a clue themed pin in a heartbeat

Board game or Christopher Reeve movie based?

#107 5 years ago

I would be down for a Greek mythology pin, unlicensed would be fine but if it had to be licensed then the obvious choice for the coolest callout ever!

DBB8246D-9171-4802-A5A7-88D39E0637B0.gifDBB8246D-9171-4802-A5A7-88D39E0637B0.gif
    #108 5 years ago

Western would be sweet. The huge success of red dead 2 shows there is public interest. Could be a good earner on route

#109 5 years ago

My money is safe!!

#110 5 years ago

Western sounds good.

How about a Jonah Hex in Comic form. Art would be good, couple with a good layout.

#111 5 years ago

Back to the Future trilogy has western...just sayin

#112 5 years ago

Everyone talking about all of these band pins but I can't believe nobody has mentioned an Ozzy Pin I mean how awesome could they make that one

#113 5 years ago
    Quoted from underlord:

Board game or Christopher Reeve movie based?

Probably board game, but i wouldnt turn my nose up at either.

#114 5 years ago

Music pin ,Deep purple or golden earring

#115 5 years ago
    Quoted from HighVoltage:

Oh is that it? And I thought you were just slow... since others concluded that a year ago.

That's quite a double standard. When it's you putting your foot in your mouth, it's just an innocent mistake. But with others, you love to come down like you're some kind of authority, with a condescending tone no less.

You'll get past it some day. When you look back on your life a pinhead, this won't be a blimp on your radar.

#116 5 years ago
    Quoted from Sinestro:

You'll get past it some day. When you look back on your life a pinhead, this won't be a blimp on your radar.

Nothing to get past, just highlighting for some of the new comers your true character, pun intended.

#117 5 years ago

I'd like a western themed pin.

For europe please re-theme it slightly and make it an italian western pin!

#118 5 years ago

good dots and fun with this one !

bsd (resized).JPGbsd (resized).JPGdots (resized).JPGdots (resized).JPG
    #119 5 years ago
    Quoted from RA77:

good dots and fun with this one ![quoted image][quoted image]

Nice Western themes could be endless

#120 5 years ago
    Quoted from bohunr:

Nice Western themes could be endless

Now I can't stop thinking about a "Wild Wild West" pin,...

I bet that thing could bomb so hard it'll take the entire pinball industry down with it.

#121 5 years ago
    Quoted from J85M:

I would be down for a Greek mythology pin, unlicensed would be fine but if it had to be licensed then the obvious choice for the coolest callout ever![quoted image]

Ha, I did a 300 retheme on a Rapid Fire back in the day. I sold it and it's moved around a bit. Don't know who owns it now...

game with poster (resized).jpggame with poster (resized).jpg300 coin door front mockup 1 (resized).jpg300 coin door front mockup 1 (resized).jpg300 control panel final V4 lo (resized).jpg300 control panel final V4 lo (resized).jpg300 pf translite final lo (resized).jpg300 pf translite final lo (resized).jpg
    #122 5 years ago

Yes, Blazing Saddles would be f’in great!

#123 5 years ago
    Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Yes, Blazing Saddles would be f’in great!

I would love a 3:10 to Yuma!

310 to Yuma.jpg310 to Yuma.jpg
    #124 5 years ago

The good the bad and the ugly would make for an epic modern stern game

#125 5 years ago
    Quoted from miracleman:

Ha, I did a 300 retheme on a Rapid Fire back in the day. I sold it and it's moved around a bit. Don't know who owns it now...[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Wow, that's an awesome retheme - a perfect fit of the machine and the movie.

#126 5 years ago
    Quoted from NoQuarters:

Or maybe a Captain And Tennille pin - Muskrat Love Multiball.
    All kinds of Music pins that could be made.... CAT license would probably be cheap too !

Holy Smokes - Daryl Dragon ( The Captain ) has passed away ..

https://www.msn.com/en-us/music/news/daryl-dragon-of-the-captain-and-tennille-dead-at-76/ar-BBRJ7kQ?li=BBnbfcL

#127 5 years ago

Straight Outta Compton music pin

#129 5 years ago
    Quoted from patrickvc:

I wear my Genesis shirt at tournaments. I don’t think anyone but me wants that music pin

Genesis deserves every cent they have taken from me.

#130 5 years ago

So Munsters was released. Now the 4month debate over what's next lol

#131 5 years ago

Brian Eddy, Bill and Ted and I can die happy

#132 5 years ago

.. as an operator, music themes have been a real dud....

that is because all of the music pins are based on music that is 30- 40 years old.

look, the current TOP 40 pop music chart is as follows:

female/dance/pop/electronic female single artist (edm) (14 songs)
    rap/hip hop/R&B= 10 songs
    electronic duo, etc/edm- 11 songs
    bubble gum pop music- 5 songs

thats it, no ROCK. Rock is not popular and has not been for quite some time.
    the only people that argue that old rock band games are good for pinball are older white males that want them for their house, NOT TO OPERATE.
    It's an aging group and its fading out.
    can any operator on here honestly say people on location react well to them and they earn high? be honest.
    unless its a full blown classic rock location with all older rock clientele.
    In a lineup of games like DP, SW, GB, POTC, GOTG does any rock pin out earn any or all of those?

get with the times, put someone who is currently BIG and has been selling solid and remained popular for 5 plus years and people will drop money in them on location. Try something urban or EDM based.

#134 5 years ago
    Quoted from silver_spinner:

that is because all of the music pins are based on music that is 30- 40 years old.
    the only people that argue that old rock band games are good for pinball are older white males that want them for their house, NOT TO OPERATE.
    can any operator on here honestly say people on location react well to them and they earn high? be honest.
    In a lineup of games like DP, SW, GB, POTC, GOTG does any rock pin out earn any or all of those?
    get with the times, put someone who is currently BIG and has been selling solid and remained popular for 5 plus years and people will drop money in them on location. Try something urban or EDM based.

Well these 'old' Rock Bands have a place in the home owners market, wich is about 50% of total sales.

But I still think a chart music pin would be awesome, but maybe you have to built this machine different.
    Problem is, "new" get's "old" quick, and not everything in the US charts is even known outside the US.
    So not one artist but a mix of the whole charts, with kinda 'generic' playfield art. Then you could push out a new edition of the game every year, including changed music and changed music videos for on screen display.

Thinking that further, make that DLC! With Stern going online it is certainly a possibility.
    Or (propably best) make it an upgrade pack, not only with new code but with a new overpriced Translite (maybe magnetic Decals) to show people that it's a "new machine". So like "Just Dance 2019".

#135 5 years ago

.. the current TOP 40 pop music chart is as follows:

Top 40 pop chart.
    Check a rolling stone or some other medium that plays music featuring instruments. I doubt the country top 40 has any rock or pop in it.
    Besides, Pop music is fleeting and gets out of date quickly. I doubt there are many people clamoring for new kids on the block, spice girls or backstreet boys. I know so many people listened to that crap when I was a teenager and none of them would dare listen to them now. That doesnt mean I wouldn't enjoy a Micheal Jackson pin though. (jokes aside)

#136 5 years ago

Michael Jackson pin would kill....

#137 5 years ago

The Top Gun sequel is coming out in the next year or two. Maybe Stern could do what Williams could not and get the best license ever?

#138 5 years ago
    Quoted from skink91:

Music pins have pushed beyond market saturation. The people that buy pins are tired of them, even when they are bands they enjoy. Then consider just how many of these people that buy/play pins, even those that enjoy Bon Jovi, would want to play pinball to it with the smiling faces of Jon Bon Jovi and Richie Sambora looking up at them..
    Ridiculous? You have got to be kidding me.

Yes music pins have pushed beyond market saturation; however, no theme has had more machines made than the "spooky humor" theme but the reaction to Munsters has been very positive and pinheads cannot wait for Elvira's 68-year-old cleavage to be featured on her third pin... If the games are good they will sell, that's all there is to it.

#139 5 years ago
    Quoted from LargemouthAss:

Yes music pins have pushed beyond market saturation; however, no theme has had more machines made than the "spooky humor" theme but the reaction to Munsters has been very positive and pinheads cannot wait for Elvira's 68-year-old cleavage to be featured on her third pin... If the games are good they will sell, that's all there is to it.

It won't be 68-year-old cleavage on the pin. I can guarantee that.

#140 5 years ago

Music games that did well to very well on the route I help with:
    AC/DC LTBR
    Metallica Premium (the Pro was a route dud, so we upgraded, and it was worth it)
    KISS Premium
    Iron Maiden Pro

Music games that sucked balls on that same route:
    Aerosmith Premium

#141 5 years ago

Time for

Pink Floyd, This one can go the full gamut easy ! Pro, Prem, LE !

Black Sabbath

Slayer

Megadeth

last 3 @ 500 unit instant sell out on each title

Viable ?

I think yes, only if dedicated team

#142 5 years ago

Agree with this 100%. While I personally love a music pin for my home, I HATE them for my location. Right out of the box they are at the bottom of the earnings list. The only way I see a music pin being a hit is if they drop Michael Jackson.

Hope the next few announcements are sexy titles for operators!
    Jaws
    Superman
    Thor
    Bird Box....( totally kidding )

Something that everyone knows and will be drawn to.

#143 5 years ago

I've been watching the releases of MB RM and Munsters, yet reserving my money for Elvira 3. I'm hopeful it will be a full release with 3 types of machines. Resale and demand on her first 2 pins has been strong. Up here in Canada when an EATPM goes up for sale it sells extremely fast. I don't think I've seen a Scared Stiff for sale up here in over 3 years. I know a number of people that have them, but they just won't sell. Last rumours I heard slated E3 for a Halloween 2019 release.

Stern also has a habit of releasing superhero pins. Lots of talk about a Superman, but I also see they are resurrecting Hellboy in theatres this April. Not sure that's likely though considering DP was a 3Q 2018 release.

#144 5 years ago
    Quoted from TrueJedi:

I've been watching the releases of MB RM and Munsters, yet reserving my money for Elvira 3. I'm hopeful it will be a full release with 3 types of machines. Resale and demand on her first 2 pins has been strong. Up here in Canada when an EATPM goes up for sale it sells extremely fast. I don't think I've seen a Scared Stiff for sale up here in over 3 years. I know a number of people that have them, but they just won't sell. Last rumours I heard slated E3 for a Halloween 2019 release.
    Stern also has a habit of releasing superhero pins. Lots of talk about a Superman, but I also see they are resurrecting Hellboy in theatres this April. Not sure that's likely though considering DP was a 3Q 2018 release.

Pretty sure the super hero market is saturated as well as music pins.

#145 5 years ago

The super hero market has not fared all that well in pinball recently I m o.

But, I don’t really like Deadpool, and I fully enjoy the game. Exceptions make the world go around.

I do like avengers pin, no one else is with me in the conversation, usually.

I really do not like the Munsters tv show, but I am still excited to check that thing out.

They seem to be on a nice roll. Good for them and in turn us.

#146 5 years ago

Curious why there isn’t a jukebox theme? Choose the style or generation of music at ball select then the game goes through that music . Just a thought .

#147 5 years ago

I believe the next games will be
    Steve Ritchie's unlicensed theme March/April
    Brian Eddy's game July/August
    Elvira 3 October/November

#148 5 years ago

Gomez said he designed this game. I don't know how it fits in 2019. Screenshot_2019-01-11-06-19-41 (resized).pngScreenshot_2019-01-11-06-19-41 (resized).png

#149 5 years ago
    Quoted from PinballManiac40:

I believe the next games will be
    Steve Ritchie's unlicensed theme March/April
    Brian Eddy's game July/August
    Elvira 3 October/November

I like that lineup.

Gosh , Elvira 3 has been on the back burner so long. I'd really like to see that game happen this year for sure....

#150 5 years ago
    Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Gomez said he designed this game. I don't know how it fits in 2019. [quoted image]

This was the design Stern used on the booth floor for the Munsters release at CES. I assumed it wasn't a game at all?

There are 277 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-releases-2019/page/3?hl=indusguys and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.