Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 277 posts
  • 111 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Looprunner
  • Topic is favorited by 13 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

850a44a6-a4c2-4563-bf42-0b338a0763f7_screenshot (resized).jpg
    jaws-zen-pinball (resized).jpg
    06D8E96F-C7C2-493D-A44B-5075A7DCABA2 (resized).jpeg
    RW (resized).JPG
    mm (resized).jpg
    gyro (resized).jpg
    hum (resized).jpg
    F110F2C1-C3BB-40B8-B3FD-583697425057.gif
    Screenshot_2019-01-11-06-19-41 (resized).png
    310 to Yuma.jpg
    300 pf translite final lo (resized).jpg
    300 control panel final V4 lo (resized).jpg
    300 coin door front mockup 1 (resized).jpg
    game with poster (resized).jpg
    dots (resized).JPG
    bsd (resized).JPG
    There are 277 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 6.
    #51 5 years ago
    Quoted from skink91:

And in perfect Pinsider fashion, you immediately posted it.

And your point is...?

#52 5 years ago

I would love a Getaway 3 as well. All updated graphics, sounds, blue lights. Cabinet lighting as well. It could be great re-theamed pin with the right programming.

#53 5 years ago
    Quoted from Reul1:

I would love a Getaway 3 as well. All updated graphics, sounds, blue lights. Cabinet lighting as well. It could be great re-theamed pin with the right programming.

Hell a car or race theme would be great and could be unlicensed. I’d love one.

#54 5 years ago

Pretty sick of music theme pins. The only music theme that I would buy is some sort of juke box mix. Best of the 80's, have a mix of the bands... as an operator, music themes have been a real dud....

#55 5 years ago

Stern releases in 2019 with finished code in 2019 (or 2020, 2021) .............. ZERO POINT ZERO

#56 5 years ago

"Getaway 3" or "Bk8000" or "Stellar Wars 2" or "Even More Hyperball" would not be an "unlicensed game," as they'd have to pay someone to use the license, defeating the purpose of doing an unlicensed game.

I have no idea what they are cooking up over there but I really hope it's not just sequel to a 90s game. I think Steve and co. have more to offer than that.

#58 5 years ago
    Quoted from Dkjimbo:

Jurassic World would be a slam dunk theme....BUT...God help us if they go the route of Star Wars and ruin an amazingly rich theme with a game that has absolutely no theme integration outside of the LCD video clips...The Data East Jurassic Park is timeless and a blast to play. Add a pinsound and color DMD and it holds up amazingly well. I am fearful we will get the Star Wars treatment though. Frankly JJP would do a much better job with theme integration.

Yea we wouldn’t want a fast paced Adrenalin filled flow fest frenzy game with unorthodox feel good over the top stellar ruleset like SW. Give us something slow, boring, with a repetitious overplayed toy, and ruleset where we hit 5 shots 3 times each to win.

#60 5 years ago
    Quoted from Sinestro:

Elvira doesn't appear to be a cornerstone release.

Quoted from Sinestro:

It's a boutique release. No Pro level in either features or pricing.

Oh? Do tell....

A year ago...

Quoted from HighVoltage:

Elvira is almost certainly going to be the "boutique" pin, so not one of the 2 or 3 normal releases.

Quoted from Sinestro:

I seriously doubt that.

You seriously back-pedaled...

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-the-next-stern-pinball-machine/page/28#post-4181226

#61 5 years ago
    Quoted from Dkjimbo:

Does anyone really want a BK3000? BK was amazing for its time and is still a great game in a larger lineup as a showcase of that era. BK2000 was very very shallow and not a lot of fun, bad artwork, dizzying / disorienting light show with the rotational lighted inserts. The theme resonates with no one in this day and age. I can hardly think of a System 11 game I would want less than BK2000. If he is working on an unlicensed "sequel" type game I pray its Getaway 3.

Really? The theme of BK2000 resonates with no one? You must be smoking crack. Its currently ranked #79, and there is a reason for that. Its a great game. Fast game play and lots of fun even though its not that deep. It took me a good 20 games on one to realize how fun it really is. Before that, I thought it was a turd.

#62 5 years ago

Lots of fun stuff in that old thread...

With enough babbling, one's bound to get a couple of things right... broken clock and all that...

Quoted from twinmice:

Elvira wont be until 2019

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-the-next-stern-pinball-machine/page/28#post-4181264

#63 5 years ago

I might be in for JW pin... My kid's would LOVE it!

#64 5 years ago
    Quoted from Dkjimbo:

Does anyone really want a BK3000? BK was amazing for its time and is still a great game in a larger lineup as a showcase of that era. BK2000 was very very shallow and not a lot of fun, bad artwork, dizzying / disorienting light show with the rotational lighted inserts. The theme resonates with no one in this day and age. I can hardly think of a System 11 game I would want less than BK2000. If he is working on an unlicensed "sequel" type game I pray its Getaway 3.

Yeah the getaway 3 was Star Wars...

#65 5 years ago
    Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

I wonder if the release of a Jurassic World pinball machine would drive the price of the Data East Jurassic Park up... or down.
    I'd be a killer theme and if they copied the ball eating T-Rex would have a killer toy.

Bah, this is the most annoying feature in all of pinball. Yes, all of pinball. Annoying feature on an annoying game.

#66 5 years ago
    Quoted from BrewNinja:

Really? The theme of BK2000 resonates with no one? You must be smoking crack. Its currently ranked #79, and there is a reason for that. Its a great game. Fast game play and lots of fun even though its not that deep. It took me a good 20 games on one to realize how fun it really is. Before that, I thought it was a turd.

They aren’t re making #79

Unless they are all smoking crack over there

Stern is dominating now on theme.

Jaws and James Bond would crush it HUGE

#67 5 years ago
    Quoted from skink91:

And in perfect Pinsider fashion, you immediately posted it.

Wakky posted it. That's inside Stern, so strong rumor.

#68 5 years ago
    Quoted from Dkjimbo:

I can hardly think of a System 11 game I would want less than BK2000.

You sure you don’t happen to have a BK2K in your secret backroom you caress nightly that you are NOT trying to sell?!? In its time, BK2K was a great earner. I would be all in on a BK3K, and would gladly take a BK2K off your hands if you have one... Give you $2750 and a lost wood High Speed playfield mounted in a water damaged repainted Firepower cabinet with 3 stripped out leg bolt nutplates, four rusted-solid leg levelers, and a Riverboat Gambler translite.

#69 5 years ago
    Quoted from PinMonk:

Wakky posted it. That's inside Stern, so strong rumor.

I have no idea who ‘Wakky’ is or whether he works for Stern or Applebees. I saw a post about a Bon Jovi pinball rumor and it struck me as ridiculous, as it would make no possible fiscal sense.

Now I am to believe that somebody named ‘Wakky’, who works for Stern is stating as much? Sorry, maybe I haven’t hung out here long enough / drunk that much koolaid for that to be plausible.

#70 5 years ago

How bout something like roadshow but a railroad theme. Ramps everywhere. Wide body machine. Idk just a thought.

#71 5 years ago
    Quoted from johnny77:

How bout something like roadshow but a railroad theme. Ramps everywhere. Wide body machine. Idk just a thought.

Think stern would make a wide body? Seems like that would be out of their typical cost line.

#72 5 years ago
    Quoted from skink91:

I have no idea who ‘Wakky’ is or whether he works for Stern or Applebees. I saw a post about a Bon Jovi pinball rumor and it struck me as ridiculous, as it would make no possible fiscal sense.
    Now I am to believe that somebody named ‘Wakky’, who works for Stern is stating as much? Sorry, maybe I haven’t hung out here long enough / drunk that much koolaid for that to be plausible.

Don't worry, I remember when -

Everybody said Aerosmith would never happen.

That Iron Maiden was a false rumor.

When people laughed and called each other ridiculous, when some suggested Beatles would be a Seawitch re-theme.

If Aerosmith made sense, I don't get why Bon Jovi doesn't?

I don't really care as I am not a Bon Jovi fan.

#73 5 years ago
    Quoted from Shapeshifter:

When people laughed and called each other ridiculous, when some suggested Beatles would be a Seawitch re-theme.

Ok - how about the Bee Gees ... Guess anything is possible. Maybe next round for those unused Beatlewitch playfields can be the Bee Gees, but at a normal price.

#74 5 years ago
    Quoted from NoQuarters:

Ok - how about the Bee Gees ... Guess anything is possible. Maybe next round for those unused Beatlewitch playfields can be the Bee Gees, but at a normal price.

Passssssssssss!!!

#75 5 years ago

It would keep that playfield Staying Alive. (pun intended)

Or maybe a Captain And Tennille pin - Muskrat Love Multiball.

All kinds of Music pins that could be made.... CAT license would probably be cheap too !

#76 5 years ago

More information has come to light.

Quoted from HighVoltage:

Lots of fun stuff in that old thread...
    With enough babbling, one's bound to get a couple of things right... broken clock and all that...

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-the-next-stern-pinball-machine/page/28#post-4181264

See above.

#77 5 years ago
    Quoted from Sinestro:

More information has come to light.

See above.

Seems to happen to you a lot.

#78 5 years ago
    Quoted from Maken:

Seems to happen to you a lot.

We're all trying to read the tea leaves here, bub.

#79 5 years ago
    Quoted from skink91:

I saw a post about a Bon Jovi pinball rumor and it struck me as ridiculous, as it would make no possible fiscal sense.

Why would it make no sense? A huge band with a ton of very popular songs, what a crummy formula for selling a few thousand pins, that Stern has repeatedly demonstrated works, so ridiculous.

I wouldn’t buy it. But so what?

#80 5 years ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

Why would it make no sense? A huge band with a ton of very popular songs, what a crummy formula for selling a few thousand pins, that Stern has repeatedly demonstrated works, so ridiculous.
    I wouldn’t buy it. But so what?

Music pins have pushed beyond market saturation. The people that buy pins are tired of them, even when they are bands they enjoy. Then consider just how many of these people that buy/play pins, even those that enjoy Bon Jovi, would want to play pinball to it with the smiling faces of Jon Bon Jovi and Richie Sambora looking up at them..

Ridiculous? You have got to be kidding me.

#81 5 years ago

There are millions of wealthy middle age parrot heads, many that would buy a Jimmy Buffet Margaritaville pin just because it’s Buffet

Sharks, volcanos, pirates, boats and drinks.

What’s not to love

Need a new style of music with a fantastic theme that Buffet could provide

#82 5 years ago

Forget Bon Jovi, I know, everyone has their one tastes, just not for me. If they want another music pin, use the Godzilla license they got and play Blue Oyster Cult's "Go Go Godzilla" on it. I'm in Don't know what other songs they could use, but there has to be something

#83 5 years ago
    Quoted from skink91:

Music pins have pushed beyond market saturation. The people that buy pins are tired of them, even when they are bands they enjoy. Then consider just how many of these people that buy/play pins, even those that enjoy Bon Jovi, would want to play pinball to it with the smiling faces of Jon Bon Jovi and Richie Sambora looking up at them..
    Ridiculous? You have got to be kidding me.

Speak for yourself about music pins. They continue to be popular and do really well. You may not want more but guess what, stern knows better then you about what sells.

I just want good cohesive games. I'll let all of you piss and moan about every theme possible.

#84 5 years ago
    Quoted from jgentry:

Speak for yourself about music pins.

Okay, I will: A Bon Jovi pin would be ridiculous.

#85 5 years ago

Give me BTTF and Bill and Teds done right and I’m happy for a good while

#86 5 years ago
    Quoted from skink91:

Okay, I will: A Bon Jovi pin would be ridiculous.

You do realize that only a few themes every few years are going to resonate with each person. Bon Jovi is not something that I'm dying to have but it's no more ridiculous then Iron Maiden.

#87 5 years ago
    Quoted from jgentry:

Bon Jovi is not something that I'm dying to have but it's no more ridiculous then Iron Maiden.

You do realize we are talking about pinball, right?

#88 5 years ago
    Quoted from skink91:

You do realize we are talking about pinball, right?

We are?

Strangely enough I've never seen an Aerosmith, Bon Jovi, or Iron Maiden shirt at anything pinball related. And yet 2 of them have pinball machines.

#89 5 years ago
    Quoted from jgentry:

We are?
    Strangely enough I've never seen an Aerosmith, Bon Jovi, or Iron Maiden shirt at anything pinball related. And yet 2 of them have pinball machines.

I’m confused - are you now expecting a Cliffy’s or Marco Specialties pin?

And for what its worth I regularly wear band tshirts (most likely Pink Floyd) when playing at tournaments or league. Its because I am tacky.

#90 5 years ago

I will agree that a new type of music pin would be a good idea. I own Metallica and Iron Maiden (that's my wheelhouse).
    I'd heard someone mention that a beastie boys pin could work and I would be inclined to agree. Tron and Deadpool are popular with the techno/dubstep sound.
    I would love more metal pins but I think other genres need a chance. I would absolutely loathe a bon Jovi pin even more than Aerosmith but somebody WILL love it. (Certainly not a majority)
    I hear it with iron maiden and Metallica all the time.
    "The game is amazing. I wish it wasnt iron maiden/Metallica though"
    For me, the bands were half the purchase decision.
    -Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy (JJP kind of vibe)
    -Back to the future (makes the most sense commercialy)
    -Bill and Ted (brian eddy? Yes please)
    -Bond (given a batman 66 treatment)
    Then I can die happy

#91 5 years ago

You just know if Bill and Ted is made that the game over/attract music will be "play with me" by Extreme.
    Do you...
    Want to...
    Play-ay?

Clean up in sporting goods

#92 5 years ago
    Quoted from skink91:

I’m confused - are you now expecting a Cliffy’s or Marco Specialties pin?
    And for what its worth I regularly wear band tshirts (most likely Pink Floyd) when playing at tournaments or league. Its because I am tacky.

I hope for your sake stern or JJP doesn't make an awesome Pink Floyd pin. I'll enjoy it for you though since you are done with band pins.

Lots more awesome bands or music themes left. Pink Floyd, Queen, Zeppelin, Beastie Boys, Pearl Jam or maybe just a grunge era pin, Hendrix, etc. If Bon Jovi gets mixed in great for those that like it. I'll play it if good.

#93 5 years ago
    Quoted from Shapeshifter:

If they can do a primus pin, I can certainly envision a bon jovi.

P.S. MICHAEL JACKSON PINBALL

(you heard it here first)

#94 5 years ago

I wear my Genesis shirt at tournaments. I don’t think anyone but me wants that music pin

#95 5 years ago
    Quoted from NoQuarters:

Or maybe a Captain And Tennille pin - Muskrat Love Multiball.

Calling Occupants of Interplanetary Craft wizard mode.

#96 5 years ago

Jack danger is streaming from the stern CES booth all days of the show.... seems like a game release.....

#97 5 years ago
    Quoted from patrickvc:

I wear my Genesis shirt at tournaments. I don’t think anyone but me wants that music pin

If it's Peter Gabriel era, then I'm in for an LE my man!

#98 5 years ago

I'd be in for the Pretenders .

#99 5 years ago

I think something with a Greek mythology theme would be great. So much potential imo.

#100 5 years ago
    Quoted from Kharris:

I think something with a Greek mythology theme would be great. So much potential imo.

I'd love to see this also.

There are 277 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-releases-2019/page/2?hl=ausretrogamer and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.