• Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
twd_code_156_graphic.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hank527.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#36 8 years ago
Quoted from Jared:

Hey there! Code updates are a priority at Stern, as you will continue to see in the coming weeks and months. Games already released and soon to be released alike are in all kinds of various stages of code development at nearly all times. The PD area at the factory has never been more busy that it is now! I personally believe KISS is already a "kickass" title, but you can count on it getting even better with time. I cannot give a timeline for code updates for any game specifically as it is not the company policy. I will say that if you own KISS you have an awesome game and there is more to come! Thanks!

Jared thanks for the update.

We do not agree on Kiss. The code in my opinion is recycled same old by Lonnie.

This thread title should be changed to " Lyman releases another update for TWD, rest of coding team not on GOT may release code on older titles if there is enough backlash"

In short, do not expect anything but GOT updates in the near future.

#53 8 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

I think one of the reasons this release was out was so fast was due to the crossbow issues many of us were having where the mode would start and end before the ball could be launched due to switch issues elsewhere. A few of us had discussions with Lyman over it and he rushed this out to address the bug.
Stern has multiple programmers working on multiple different projects at the same time. It should be expected that game A updates don't impact game B or C. Frankly, TWD code wasn't that great for a long time. It's just recently that it got great. WWE and Kiss owners, you haven't waited nearly as long as us TWD owners waited. Plus TWD update 1.56 didn't contain anything that would require the licensor to approve. Who knows what's coming in Kiss. For all you know it takes them 2 months to give the release ok.

TWD was released 10/2014.

Code was good around September 2015. Game was very playable around May I think. New code was so good I upgraded to a premium. I bought a topper, stern art and armor from Stern.

WWE released 2/2015. Game was playable ??? Not yet. I have less than 60 games in 10 months.

#60 8 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

I have no interest in the WWE game playfield layout or theme so I'm not invested in this, but what is wrong with the WWE code anyway? Remember, Stern is obligated to finish the code to what they think it should be not to make a game *you* think is fun. I think the design looks super boring. I don't consider that unfinished just something I should pass on.

If you get far the GI goes out. It does not come back on. Major issue. Modes do not work at all. Game is a major f up. It makes early xmen code work good.

#68 8 years ago
Quoted from investingdad:

I'm hoping to find a TWD on route someplace to play, still haven't seen one live.
I'm also wondering if a final ST code update was coming at some point.

I think ST is done, though I hope we get flashers working

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 16.00
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 6.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 599.95
Cabinet - Toppers
Hi-Rez Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Moravia, NY
$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
PinballGeek

$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

7,760 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Greensboro, NC
$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

9,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sacramento, CA
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

6,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Newton, NJ
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

$ 89.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hank527.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-releases-156-code-update-for-twd?tu=hank527 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.