Topic Stats

• 80 posts
  • 47 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by markmon
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 3 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
twd_code_156_graphic.jpg

There are 80 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 4 years ago

Feels like Lyman is wrapping this one up. Nice when we have a game that feels "done".

#52 4 years ago

I think one of the reasons this release was out was so fast was due to the crossbow issues many of us were having where the mode would start and end before the ball could be launched due to switch issues elsewhere. A few of us had discussions with Lyman over it and he rushed this out to address the bug.

Stern has multiple programmers working on multiple different projects at the same time. It should be expected that game A updates don't impact game B or C. Frankly, TWD code wasn't that great for a long time. It's just recently that it got great. WWE and Kiss owners, you haven't waited nearly as long as us TWD owners waited. Plus TWD update 1.56 didn't contain anything that would require the licensor to approve. Who knows what's coming in Kiss. For all you know it takes them 2 months to give the release ok.

#53 4 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

I think one of the reasons this release was out was so fast was due to the crossbow issues many of us were having where the mode would start and end before the ball could be launched due to switch issues elsewhere. A few of us had discussions with Lyman over it and he rushed this out to address the bug.
Stern has multiple programmers working on multiple different projects at the same time. It should be expected that game A updates don't impact game B or C. Frankly, TWD code wasn't that great for a long time. It's just recently that it got great. WWE and Kiss owners, you haven't waited nearly as long as us TWD owners waited. Plus TWD update 1.56 didn't contain anything that would require the licensor to approve. Who knows what's coming in Kiss. For all you know it takes them 2 months to give the release ok.

TWD was released 10/2014.

Code was good around September 2015. Game was very playable around May I think. New code was so good I upgraded to a premium. I bought a topper, stern art and armor from Stern.

WWE released 2/2015. Game was playable ??? Not yet. I have less than 60 games in 10 months.

#54 4 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

Code was good around September 2015. Game was very playable around May I think. New code was so good I upgraded to a premium. I bought a topper, stern art and armor from Stern.
WWE released 2/2015. Game was playable ??? Not yet. I have less than 60 games in 10 months.

Then sell your WWE or start a WWE thread to whine in. Back at on topic, TWD rocks

#55 4 years ago

Would be awesome if Stern did a big Christmas Code fest for lots of games.
But I know it is just a dream.

#56 4 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

Pretty sure we'll see two games at least.

#57 4 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

I have no interest in the WWE game playfield layout or theme so I'm not invested in this, but what is wrong with the WWE code anyway? Remember, Stern is obligated to finish the code to what they think it should be not to make a game *you* think is fun. I think the design looks super boring. I don't consider that unfinished just something I should pass on.

#58 4 years ago

Just downloaded the new code and I'm not seeing the Xbow timer in the background animation. Has anyone else noticed this?

#59 4 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

XMAS POWERPACK!!!

Fine print:
.....usually released in the spring

#60 4 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

I have no interest in the WWE game playfield layout or theme so I'm not invested in this, but what is wrong with the WWE code anyway? Remember, Stern is obligated to finish the code to what they think it should be not to make a game *you* think is fun. I think the design looks super boring. I don't consider that unfinished just something I should pass on.

If you get far the GI goes out. It does not come back on. Major issue. Modes do not work at all. Game is a major f up. It makes early xmen code work good.

#61 4 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

Stern is obligated to finish the code to what they think it should be not to make a game *you* think is fun.

This is such an odd statement.

stern isn't actually 'obligated' to do anything. They could become a rug manufacturer if they wanted to.

But regardless of what they manufacture, taking into account what a large portion of their addressable market may want to buy seems like it would be a good idea.

#62 4 years ago

This thread is exactly why so many are banned from Sterns FB.

#63 4 years ago
Quoted from inhomearcades:

This thread is exactly why so many are banned from Sterns FB.

That's definitely one interpretation.

#64 4 years ago

Since updating to 1.56 my Well Walker and Prison magnets no longer work (LE version). Anyone else have this issue?

#65 4 years ago
Quoted from Marvello:

Since updating to 1.56 my Well Walker and Prison magnets no longer work (LE version). Anyone else have this issue?

Man you twd guys are so whiny!!!!

#66 4 years ago
Quoted from Marvello:

Figured it out, fuse F7 has blown.

#67 4 years ago

I'm hoping to find a TWD on route someplace to play, still haven't seen one live.

I'm also wondering if a final ST code update was coming at some point.

#68 4 years ago
Quoted from investingdad:

I'm hoping to find a TWD on route someplace to play, still haven't seen one live.
I'm also wondering if a final ST code update was coming at some point.

I think ST is done, though I hope we get flashers working

#69 4 years ago
Quoted from Marvello:

Figured it out, fuse F7 has blown.

Had the same happen to me, thanks for posting!

#70 4 years ago
Quoted from Ball_Shine:

Had the same happen to me, thanks for posting!

I didn't even notice my magnets weren't working until reading this, I last updated to 1.53 on Thanksgiving. Checked F7, sure enough it was blown.

What would cause the fuse to blow when/after updating?

#71 4 years ago
Quoted from RonB:

I didn't even notice my magnets weren't working until reading this, I last updated to 1.53 on Thanksgiving. Checked F7, sure enough it was blown.

The magnets do appear to be more active with the new code. I had F7 blow a couple times even on the old code.

#72 4 years ago

Magnets blew recently on my METLE. Dunno why, but I guess it's a thing sometimes.

#73 4 years ago
Quoted from RonB:

Not sure but does seem a little odd that it has happened to a few machines. I wonder how many don't realize they are not working as it was only reading through here that I thought shit I haven't seen mine work come to think of it!

#74 4 years ago

Mine purrs like a little Kitty, no blown fuses despite crazy magnet action.

If it does, so what, replace it and "over fuse" it if it keeps happening. NEVER had a problem with that on any pin.

#75 4 years ago

Yeah. If the fuse keeps blowing just jam a screw in there.

#76 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Better yet, a 22 bullet.

#77 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I know you were poking fun. But, I don't think a slight over fuse is bad advice in this case. The fuse prevents a short from burning up the board. If the fuse is blowing on magnets that can hold the ball often it means the circuit is drawing too much current for the rated fuse. It doesn't mean there's an intermittent short. In this case, putting a more robust fuse in is a decent solution and nothing like a screw.

#78 4 years ago
Quoted from Ball_Shine:

Not sure but does seem a little odd that it has happened to a few machines. I wonder how many don't realize they are not working as it was only reading through here that I thought shit I haven't seen mine work come to think of it!

I'm thinking mine blew before 1.53, I just hadn't realised.

#79 4 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

I know you were poking fun. But, I don't think a slight over fuse is bad advice in this case. The rise prevents a short from burning up the board. If the fuse is blowing on magnets that can hold the ball often it means the circuit is drawing too much current for the rated fuse. It doesn't mean there's an intermittent short. In this case, putting a more robust fuse in is a decent solution and nothing like a screw.

So you think possibly a 5A fuse instead of a 4A fuse would be alright?

1 month later
#80 4 years ago
Quoted from T7:

So you think possibly a 5A fuse instead of a 4A fuse would be alright?

If the game is playing on except the game intermittently blows the magnet fuse, I would try upping it one level and testing.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
There are 80 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside