• Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
twd_code_156_graphic.jpg
There are 80 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 8 years ago

twd code 156 graphic.jpgtwd code 156 graphic.jpg

Today Stern Pinball has released the 1.56 code update for The Walking Dead pinball. This release contains changes and updates that are contained in the READ ME file. Download here on our website.

http://www.sternpinball.com/game-code/game-code-the-walking-dead-pro

http://www.sternpinball.com/game-code/game-code-the-walking-dead-premium

http://www.sternpinball.com/game-code/game-code-the-walking-dead-le

#2 8 years ago

Premium/LE Read Me

V1.56 - Dec. 1, 2015
====================

- Crossbow motor ball clearing procedure was not waiting for the "mark"
switch to be made before firing the ball. This has been corrected.
- Changed crossbow from ignoring switches after the ball was fired to
stopping the sequence when certain switches are hit after firing. This
behavior is reasonably like the PRO now.
- Fixed an issue where a ball in the crossbow may not get cycled through
if the player did not hit the button and fire the ball.
- Crossbow sequence no longer killed (stopped) when a playfield target
is hit before the ball is physically fired out of the crossbow.
- Improved crossbow handling when the ball is accepted for player-
controlled firing and the ball leaves the switch.

- Added the crossbow mode timer to the background display effect for the
crossbow shot (when it is ready to be made).
- Paused the crossbow mode timer while the player is allowed to make a
crossbow shot.
- "Other" switches not part of crossbow awards during crossbow or crossbow
mode awards during crossbow mode no longer kill off the sequence during
multiball.
- Added background art for crossbow HSTD in attract mode and the crossbow
mode total page.
- Multikill scores carryover at HORDE start set to YES for competition
mode.
- Knocker sound/q24 option synced better with the replay effect.
- Crossbow mode was not blinking the crossbow lamp. This has been
corrected.
- Combo was not recording the combo champion properly. This has been
corrected.
- Crossbow mode was not un-lighting itself after it was started. This
has been corrected.

#3 8 years ago

Hey Jared, many of us have been kicked off Facebook for asking about code so we have nowhere else to ask this...any idea when KISS will see an update? It's been months and it's basically still in beta form...could be such a kickass title for you guys. Thanks

#4 8 years ago

I don't know what has happened to get so many code releases happening lately, but man am I grateful to see it. Can't wait to buy TWD just on these code updates alone.

#5 8 years ago

Ya lots of code releases but all for the walking dead,how about some other games

#6 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinfactory2000:

Hey Jared, many of us have been kicked off Facebook for asking about code so we have nowhere else to ask this...any idea when KISS will see an update? It's been months and it's basically still in beta form...could be such a kickass title for you guys. Thanks

Hey there! Code updates are a priority at Stern, as you will continue to see in the coming weeks and months. Games already released and soon to be released alike are in all kinds of various stages of code development at nearly all times. The PD area at the factory has never been more busy that it is now! I personally believe KISS is already a "kickass" title, but you can count on it getting even better with time. I cannot give a timeline for code updates for any game specifically as it is not the company policy. I will say that if you own KISS you have an awesome game and there is more to come! Thanks!

#7 8 years ago

Hey Jared,
thanks for the update!
Question: it would appear as though Stern has been listening to home-owners complaints about code and have done a great job both with these Walking Dead updates as well as advanced code for newly-released Game of Thrones.
Was Thrones a one-off, or do you think Stern will continue to release deeper code at launch in the future?

#8 8 years ago

I swear, Lyman cranks out code faster than I can install it!

#9 8 years ago
Quoted from Jared:

Hey there! Code updates are a priority at Stern, as you will continue to see in the coming weeks and months. Games already released and soon to be released alike are in all kinds of various stages of code development at nearly all times. The PD area at the factory has never been more busy that it is now! I personally believe KISS is already a "kickass" title, but you can count on it getting even better with time. I cannot give a timeline for code updates for any game specifically as it is not the company policy. I will say that if you own KISS you have an awesome game and there is more to come! Thanks!

Stop lying to me. WWE is and never has been a priority what so ever and the fact that TWD got another update is even more insulting. We got a teaser and an update that in fact only made things worse. And you guys wonder why we complain. Get it done and stop talking. "Next weeks and months" sounds even more promising to me. All I hear is "f++k you WWE owners, you bought the wrong machine, your fault".

Sorry for hijacking, I fully respect TWD owners who are happy with their update. Can you tell me how it feels?

#10 8 years ago
Quoted from Winston:

WWE is and never has been a priority

I wouldn't expect an update for WWE until after the "King of the Ring" contest ends 12/31. I am wanting this update more than you can imagine - I just don't see it until the contest is over. New code will change scoring I'm sure... but then again, what the hell do I know!

#11 8 years ago

I knew the whiners would be in here crying about other games. This thread is about TWD, go start a Kiss and WWE code thread

#12 8 years ago
Quoted from Winston:

Stop lying to me. WWE is and never has been a priority what so ever and the fact that TWD got another update is even more insulting. We got a teaser and an update that in fact only made things worse. And you guys wonder why we complain. Get it done and stop talking. "Next weeks and months" sounds even more promising to me. All I hear is "f++k you WWE owners, you bought the wrong machine, your fault".
Sorry for hijacking, I fully respect TWD owners who are happy with their update. Can you tell me how it feels?

I feel your frustration, when I bought TWD earlier this year there were modes that weren't even in the game yet, you would get to the mode and it did absolutely nothing, lights on the game that didn't work, etc.

That's why TWD wasn't so popular at the time and now I see it on a lot of wish lists, I would hope that WWE will get some love at some point in time. Just wanted to throw it out there that it took quite some time for TWD to get code updates also.

#13 8 years ago
Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

I knew the whiners would be in here crying about other games. This thread is about TWD, go start a Kiss and WWE code thread

QB Did you get rid of your TWD?

#14 8 years ago

The contest dictates version needed for score to qualify

#15 8 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

QB Did you get rid of your TWD?

Yes. I had too for a big home expense, I wish I didn't have to. I still think the game is one of Sterns best. I look forward to watching some more of your live casts on it.

#16 8 years ago

Yes. I had too for a big home expense, I wish I didn't have to. I still think the game is one of Sterns best. I look forward to watching some more of your live casts on it.

that sucks, sorry to hear that. hope you get another down the road.

i have to plan another live stream. Life has just been getting in the way.

#17 8 years ago

1.56 in now.

LTG : )

#18 8 years ago

Yeah I will definently buy another one when things are better. For now I can only enjoy one through your live streams, so please post when you are doing another one. And try not to embarrass the other guys so much this time

#19 8 years ago

What a shame QB! So this update is all about fixing crossbow it appears.

#20 8 years ago
Quoted from Winston:

WWE is and never has been a priority what so ever and the fact that TWD got another update is even more insulting.

For one thing, WWE sucks by comparison.

Secondly, it came out much later than TWD so chill out and F ing wait for it like everybody else. Quit whining.

#21 8 years ago

Yeah it looks like it is just for premium/LE owners.

#22 8 years ago

So more work for Cleland?

#23 8 years ago

I am always surprised to see people still complaining about Stern favoring one game over another when a Lyman code update is released. I would bet deep pocket money that Stern gives every coder the same amount of time to work. If coding pinballs were painting, Lyman would be Leonardo. He does is better and faster than anyone else. When the time limit in house is up, Lyman busts his ass off hours to create an amazing game on any title he works on. There is enough history to know by now as a buyer that if Lyman is on it you can expect greatness sooner or later. Buying anything else is taking a known risk and bitching about the fact that a Lyman game is getting more attention is insulting to Lyman because he is giving of himself for his craft and the people who own and play his games on his own time and most likely not because Stern gave him more time. To some, I'm sure coding is what they do for a living, for Lyman it seems to be something he does for love of the game and we all get a chance to enjoy that. Maybe a title is a dream theme for you but if Lyman is working the next game over instead I would give that a second look every time. Moral of the story...Lyman is one of the few sure things in pinball. Always bet on Lyman and you'll be the one enjoying the fruits of his labor.

#24 8 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Secondly, it came out much later than TWD so chill out and F ing wait for it like everybody else. Quit whining.

Much Later? It was the next game after TWD. lol.

#25 8 years ago
Quoted from Iceman5000:

Much Later? It was the next game after TWD. lol.

When it gets past 3 or 4 more months then start crying....

WWE isn't Lyman either, so that also sucks by comparison.

#26 8 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

So more work for Cleland?

Haha, this one should be quick as it seems to just be bug fixes and no changes to sounds. Stay tuned....

#27 8 years ago
Quoted from Winston:

the fact that TWD got another update is even more insulting.

So stern cant release updates ready for game A because some crybaby that owns game B might be insulted? WTF go cry elsewhere.

Quoted from iceman44:

Or at least start your own thread about it. People here came to read about TWD update and dont really care about WWE.

#28 8 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

So stern cant release updates ready for game A because some crybaby that owns game B might be insulted? WTF go cry elsewhere.

Or at least start your own thread about it. People here came to read about TWD update and dont really care about WWE.

You owned WOF twice!

Oh right stay on topic. I hit a 9 mil crossbow shot.

#30 8 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

Nope, I´m frustrated watching other games get multiple real updates while WWE owners only get promises and updates that don´t change or fix anything. If you owned WWE, you would certainly understand why I feel so insulted and frustrated.

The other thing is, I let my nerves get the better of me last night and should not have posted that way and not in this thread. Just blew a fuse because frustration was mounting, not a very good decision.
Again, sorry for hijacking.

#31 8 years ago

Great update
Has it been explained anywhere why with all the colours available in attract mode for the arrows on the LE/Prem
Bicycle girl and prison are blue,with the latest updates it wouldn't be that hard to swap prison to another colour would it?

#32 8 years ago

Saw these Walking Dead fleece throws on Woot tonight. Might make a decent pin cover http://home.woot.com/plus/walking-dead-throws?ref=hm_cnt_wp_9

#33 8 years ago

I still don't understand what the new crossbow mode is all about and how to achieve it

#34 8 years ago

Crossbow mode is Lit when You have shot 3 succesfull crossbow shots (by lighting weapon AT the drops and then the right ramp)

update is for pro owners Too! The mode Just kept being Lit even when It was played

#35 8 years ago

I think Lyman is making a point with this game

#36 8 years ago
Quoted from Jared:

Jared thanks for the update.

We do not agree on Kiss. The code in my opinion is recycled same old by Lonnie.

This thread title should be changed to " Lyman releases another update for TWD, rest of coding team not on GOT may release code on older titles if there is enough backlash"

In short, do not expect anything but GOT updates in the near future.

#38 8 years ago

Lyman is an over-achiever.

#39 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinfactory2000:

Jody from Stern said that there would be another KISS code update around Christmas. He made this statement just a few days ago when he made an appearance on Dead Flip's stream. So there you go.

#40 8 years ago

Hey Jared, many of us have been kicked off Facebook, Are you going to reset this at the end of the year?

#41 8 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

If you want to buy a safe bet, it had better be Lyman for code!
shame he will not be on GB

#42 8 years ago

Would be cool for kiss to get some love killer layout, but nothing has really been done to the game code wise since release

#43 8 years ago

Kiss is a lovely machine, just a shame that the code will not do it justice.

#44 8 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Yes^^ and we are getting spoiled over here with TWD code updates^^

LOVE IT

#45 8 years ago

Kick ass!!!!!!! As for the other wwe and kiss. It is the wrong thread to be airing your complaints. But I feel your pain. Spending that kind of money and not having a product up to the standards u feel sucks. I never buy any game new out of the box.that is why.
Got my twdle a few months back. Got my Woz long after people were waiting for yrs I'll be buying a hobbit but yrs after the release!
Thank u stern really really happy with pin! It's hard as hell and I wanna scream sometimes but love it !

#46 8 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

Jared thanks for the update.
We do not agree on Kiss. The code in my opinion is recycled same old by Lonnie.
This thread title should be changed to " Lyman releases another update for TWD, rest of coding team not on GOT may release code on older titles if there is enough backlash"
In short, do not expect anything but GOT updates in the near future.

Quoted from musketd:

Would be cool for kiss to get some love killer layout, but nothing has really been done to the game code wise since release

Quoted from Squizz:

Kiss is a lovely machine, just a shame that the code will not do it justice.

image.jpegimage.jpeg

#47 8 years ago
Quoted from Jared:

Hey Jared, how dare people ask about code updates in your safe space. I'd have banned them too!

#48 8 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

Hey Jared, how dare people ask about code updates in your safe space. I'd have banned them too!

What makes you think it was Jared and not Jody?

#49 8 years ago

Yeah it looks like it is just for premium/LE owners.

Pro update is out as well. Just minor bugfixes from the looks of it. Mostly related to crossbow mode.

V1.56 - Dec. 1, 2015
====================

- Added the crossbow mode timer to the background display effect for the
crossbow shot (when it is ready to be made).
- Paused the crossbow mode timer while the player is allowed to make a
crossbow shot.
- "Other" switches not part of crossbow awards during crossbow or crossbow
mode awards during crossbow mode no longer kill off the sequence during
multiball.
- Added background art for crossbow HSTD in attract mode and the crossbow
mode total page.
- Multikill scores carryover at HORDE start set to YES for competition
mode.
- Knocker sound/q24 option synced better with the replay effect.
- Crossbow mode was not blinking the crossbow lamp. This has been
corrected.
- Combo was not recording the combo champion properly. This has been
corrected.
- Crossbow mode was not un-lighting itself after it was started. This
has been corrected.

#50 8 years ago

Gosh, TWD is getting some love from Stern. So glad I have one!!!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

9,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sacramento, CA
$ 89.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Yonkers, NY
10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 9.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

6,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Newton, NJ
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 16.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 80 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-releases-156-code-update-for-twd/page/1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.