(Topic ID: 26585)

Stern Reintroduces Home Models

By pins4fun

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 11 years ago

#3 11 years ago

fricking sundays news

#4 11 years ago

#5 11 years ago

$3000?!?!?!?! WTF???

You could buy two nice DMDs for that price.

#6 11 years ago

Old news doesn't warrant all-caps subjects.

#7 11 years ago

#8 11 years ago

#9 11 years ago

Thread #6... or are we on #7 now?

#11 11 years ago

I really really want to see one of these. Saw an amazon.com ad for one yesterday. They look so cheap it's depressing.

#12 11 years ago

ahhh, I can see the Craigslist ads 3 years from now...

Amazing HUO Avengers, only 200 plays!!! $4000

Then you click on the link and find out it's the home version.

#13 11 years ago

This new offering is proof positive that the beancounters are calling the shots at SPI, and throwing everything they can at the consumer's wall to see what sticks. They'll try anything to increase profit margins, apparently. Alas, too much of the LE crap has been sticking. I don't think this one will.

#14 11 years ago

You won't see these on craigslist 3 years from now since they are not going to make it to market. I envision Stern pulling this from market 30 days after introduction due to non existent sales.

Do you see any Home Version BDK on craigslist? and that actually looked like a pinball machine....

Quoted from GoneFishinLvMsg:

ahhh, I can see the Craigslist ads 3 years from now...
    Amazing HUO Avengers, only 200 plays!!! $4000
    Then you click on the link and find out it's the home version.

#15 11 years ago

I agree i dont see any of these selling that simple

#16 11 years ago
    Quoted from tpn2011:

I agree i dont see any of these selling that simple

Don't worry because they will simply keep increasing "real pinball machine" prices to cover their R&D on this FAIL!

#17 11 years ago

It's still got tempered glass...so what's the problem?

Robert

#18 11 years ago

Still wondering why there are no flippers in the pics

#19 11 years ago

Thank you Stern for cheapening pinball!

Please stop now!

-Aaron
    (my opinion may not reflect these people Wizards of the Iowa Pinball Club)

#20 11 years ago

but cheap pinball is better than no pinball.....in my books

#21 11 years ago

I'm all for these smaller and cheaper games. Just think the price point is too high for what it is. At $1,500 I would buy one for my son's room. Not at 3k though.

#22 11 years ago
    Quoted from jpop:

Very valid point jpop. I like to see makers coming up with ways to get more affordable games out to us pinheads. Although, I agree that a $1500 to $2200 price tag would be a better starting point to generate interest and sales. Not sure if that would be possible but at $3K it may be too high to get off the ground.

#23 11 years ago
    Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

Very valid point jpop. I like to see makers coming up with ways to get more affordable games out to us pinheads. Although, I agree that a $1500 to $2200 price tag would be a better starting point to generate interest and sales. Not sure if that would be possible but at $3K it may be too high to get off the ground.

Yep, at 3k you can get a great used game or are only $1,200 or so short on a pro model. Not sure why stern thinks the 3k price point will attract attention. Of course, stern isn't marketing these to full pinheads like us I think. They want us to keep buying LE's. This is for non pinball's I think but still think the price point is a bit off.

#24 11 years ago

#25 11 years ago
    Quoted from jpop:

Have you ever driven a Yugo? Having no car would have been better.

This new line from Stern looks exceptionally bad at its price point. I hope I am wrong.

#26 11 years ago

At that price, I predict it will be a TOTAL flop

#27 11 years ago
    Quoted from jpop:

But it's not cheap pinball..that's what we're saying. MSPR $3K has never been cheap in my book.

#28 11 years ago

less man hours than a honda lawn mower

#29 11 years ago

How I miss Brunswick.

#30 11 years ago

That thing makes Viper 2/3 machine look like an LE.
    Maybe all this Prem - le money went to their heads and they have extra cash to toss around?
    Lower your prices on LE and make prem versions of all your future games (I like the three stage option)...the money will follow.
    Crap like this can only be a loss leader.

#31 11 years ago

A 4-player score display in the backglass would greatly improve the looks of this thing. The scoring display they have now is so CHEAP looking. This is a $1000 machine as it is.

#32 11 years ago

Its more a homeless model.

#33 11 years ago

Yeah, that's where I go when I want a pinball machine, Amazon?

It's my favorite place, because I can't actually touch it or see it in real life.

But hey, there are pictures right? Well, sort of. What's that funny score board there....

Can you imagine what people are thinking? Who would fix it? What about warranty?

This is like the biggest risk for the buyer (remember not us).

Building a small affordable pinball machine seems wise, but the way they are going about it is very odd.

I hope this isn't like Pinball 2000. The last gasp. Gary is getting old you know?

#34 11 years ago

Nonstory.

#35 11 years ago

Stern how's that selling pinballs at best buy workin for ya?

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-reintroduces-home-models and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.