Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

0Rawhide-Work-02 (resized).jpg
0Rawhide-Work-01 (resized).jpg
Pinball (resized).png
Pinball (resized).png
Capture (resized).PNG

#1 5 years ago

Need some guidance on my Rawhide. I can manually move the 1000 relay and it will score. But is not triggering on any other 1000 targets on any of the 4 players??? Any help is appreciated.

#2 5 years ago

Do you have a high-quality schematic scan you can post?

#3 5 years ago

If the 1000 relay doesn't snap on when you manually activate it, check its fuse.

#4 5 years ago
Quoted from HowardR:

If the 1000 relay doesn't snap on when you manually activate it, check its fuse.

Interesting that it has its own fuse!

#5 5 years ago

You were right, Howard R. Thank you it was the slo-blo fuse for the 1000. Fixed that but what caused the fuse to blow is still a mystery. It energizes and stays energized on the 1 player but not the 2nd but does on the 3rd player but not the 4th. It is also not scoring correctly when it counts down the 1000 at the end of a ball. It gives double the points when it shouldn't. My guess is that I have switch somewhere closed that shouldn't be? Or should I be looking at the player stepper?

#6 5 years ago
Quoted from Budski:

It energizes and stays energized on the 1 player but not the 2nd but does on the 3rd player but not the 4th.

Interesting set up with the Player Control Unit.

Capture (resized).PNGCapture (resized).PNG
#7 5 years ago
Quoted from Budski:

You were right, Howard R. Thank you it was the slo-blo fuse for the 1000. Fixed that but what caused the fuse to blow is still a mystery. It energizes and stays energized on the 1 player but not the 2nd but does on the 3rd player but not the 4th. It is also not scoring correctly when it counts down the 1000 at the end of a ball. It gives double the points when it shouldn't. My guess is that I have switch somewhere closed that shouldn't be? Or should I be looking at the player stepper?

Do the score reels stay energized when the 1000 relay stays energized?

#8 5 years ago
Quoted from HowardR:

Do the score reels stay energized when the 1000 relay stays energized?

Yes, they are. When the 1000 relay locks in the 1000's scoring reel stays energized.

#9 5 years ago

The end-of-stroke switches on the score reels that stay energized are probably stuck closed.

Pinball (resized).pngPinball (resized).png
#10 5 years ago
Quoted from HowardR:

The end-of-stroke switches on the score reels that stay energized are probably stuck closed.
[quoted image]

Thank you Howard R. I think what happened to blow the fuse in the first place was the #4 1000 reel. It only had one screw in it and it was energized until it blew that fuse. Fixed that and cleaned and re-gapped the #1 1000 reel. Now it plays like it was new. I really appreciate your help on this. I also checked all the other scoring reels for loose or missing screws on the EOS switches. Thanks Again everyone.

4 months later
#11 4 years ago

I need a little more help with this Rawhide. It has 2 issues that I am baffled about:

1. The scoring motor rotates more than it should between balls or players. It is causing the ball count to count more balls played that it should.
2. When playing a multiplayer game it will jump from the last player and skip the 1st player and go to the 2nd player.

I suspect it has something to do with whatever is making the scoring motor to take an extra revolution or 2?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

#12 4 years ago

Ideas anyone?

I need a little more help with this Rawhide. It has 2 issues that I am baffled about:

1. The scoring motor rotates more than it should between balls or players. It is causing the ball count to count more balls played that it should.
2. When playing a multiplayer game it will jump from the last player and skip the 1st player and go to the 2nd player.

I suspect it has something to do with whatever is making the scoring motor to take an extra revolution or 2?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

#13 4 years ago
Quoted from Budski:

The scoring motor rotates more than it should

Most likely the motor is OK and one of these relays is keeping it rotating. Which one?

Pinball (resized).pngPinball (resized).png
#14 4 years ago

Thank you HowardR it is on a machine I sold and is over an hour away so I would like to get him up and running again. I give my machines a 60 day warranty and this one started acting up after I played over 100 games before I sold it so I thought it was good to go...great timing.

1 week later
#15 4 years ago

I checked all the relays and switches. Cleaned and gapped twice but no improvement. Any other suggestions?

#16 4 years ago

It just jumps to the next player or two jumps to the player after that. This is when the ball drains. It seems to cycle the spring motor until it kicks out the ball again.

#17 4 years ago

Hi Budski
Your observation, last sentence in post-16 is correct.
I believe there are two faults in the pin. See the first JPG, "marked orange" --- the Ball-Return-Coil does not always fire when it should. The Ball (faulty) still laying in the Outhole then has "encircled green" switch still closed --- the Outhole-Relay pulls-in*** a second time, a second time the pin does "stepping on ball / player" --- faulty because the switch "encircled brown in second JPG" faulty is closed --- maybe just the switch is no good or the Ball-Index-Relay is not made to quit pulling --- "encircled rosa / pink" in the first JPG.

*** In a fully functioning pin does happen: Ball is in play so Ball-Index-Relay is steady pulling --- ball is lost --- Bonus is counted down --- Outhole-Relay pulls-in and the motor runs --- stepping on the ball, kicking the ball over to the shooter-alley and making the Ball-Index-Relay stop pulling. Greetings Rolf

0Rawhide-Work-01 (resized).jpg0Rawhide-Work-01 (resized).jpg0Rawhide-Work-02 (resized).jpg0Rawhide-Work-02 (resized).jpg
#18 4 years ago
Quoted from rolf_martin_062:

Hi Budski
Your observation, last sentence in post-16 is correct.
I believe there are two faults in the pin. See the first JPG, "marked orange" --- the Ball-Return-Coil does not always fire when it should. The Ball (faulty) still laying in the Outhole then has "encircled green" switch still closed --- the Outhole-Relay pulls-in*** a second time, a second time the pin does "stepping on ball / player" --- faulty because the switch "encircled brown in second JPG" faulty is closed --- maybe just the switch is no good or the Ball-Index-Relay is not made to quit pulling --- "encircled rosa / pink" in the first JPG.
*** In a fully functioning pin does happen: Ball is in play so Ball-Index-Relay is steady pulling --- ball is lost --- Bonus is counted down --- Outhole-Relay pulls-in and the motor runs --- stepping on the ball, kicking the ball over to the shooter-alley and making the Ball-Index-Relay stop pulling. Greetings Rolf[quoted image][quoted image]

Thank you rolf_martin_062. I really appreciate your help. This pin is about 90 minutes from me so I told the guy I would bring it home to fix it. Too many trips down there. I will check out what you are saying here and get back to you. Thanks again for the help.

Budski

1 week later
#19 4 years ago

Well rolf_martin_062. I went to the Out Hole Switch first. I had previously adjusted it so I thought I had that covered. I cleaned and reduced the gap on both contacts. I also evened the two contacts so they would hit at the same time. There was a little twist in the switch blade. It's working good so far with no other changes. I am not sure if that fixed it or the bumpy ride home and me taking it to my basement to work on it. At any rate I think your notion to check that switch again did the trick. Thank you for guiding me in the right direction.

Budski

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
The Pinball Scientist
Other
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
Cabinet Parts
Rocket City Pinball
Cabinet parts
$ 40.00
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom
Led
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
Decals

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-rawhide-1000-scoring and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.