Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 304 posts
  • 89 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by JY64
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Satan_claus (resized).jpg
    0BB5DDCC-53A2-4C6E-91D6-C3730FCD3418.gif
    image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    BlankCoinDoor.jpg
    IM_Classic.jpg
    percentage-of-bikes-with-problems_large.jpg
    image.jpeg
    Norwegian_Viking_Troll.jpg
    535-6862-05_set.jpg
    stupid.jpg
    dowel.jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Gorno.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#73 8 years ago

Regardless of any quality concerns, there definitely isn't anything being added to justify their cost increases. Other than higher profit margins.

#131 8 years ago
    Quoted from lowepg:

Yup.
    People forget (or just don't understand?) that WE can control the price (and a boat-load of other issues):
    Stern pinball getting too expensive? Stop buying.
    Unhappy with Stern shipping games with incomplete code? (stop pre-ordering!!!) and Don't buy one UNTIL the code is complete!
    Think Stern is stripping LE's? Stop acting like sheep and frantically pre-ordering/prepaying for LE's on day1.
    Oh, and this isn't limited to Stern:
    Angry with boutique pre-pay models? Stop participating in them.
    Rocket Surgery, I know....

I personally don't understand anyone who pre-orders games or buys games without completed code. This is no new phenomenon from Stern. It seems to be the least of their concerns. But, I have a feeling they are alienating some of their previous fan base, as some people can no longer afford their games with the increased pricing. So, a lot of the forum bitching is a coping mechanism. But, as you stated; people are still purchasing the games. I don't have the money to make these purchases, but obviously others do.

#172 8 years ago
    Quoted from MustangPaul:

I don't mind incomplete code.....cuz every time they come out with an update it's like playing a new game.

All joking aside. I am new to the hobby, and have read and seen enough that I have no intention of buying any new releases from Stern. It would drive me nuts knowing that I would have to wait months or years for my game to be complete.

#176 8 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Which is why you wait to be a new game for a year when it's complete. Worked for me.
    They say GOT is 99.999998% complete code fresh out the door, so we shall see.

Oh don't worry. I only recently bought my ST pro. Didn't want some half baked game wasting space in my basement.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Gorno.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-quality-going-down-the-drain?tu=Gorno and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.