Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 304 posts
  • 89 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by JY64
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Satan_claus (resized).jpg
    0BB5DDCC-53A2-4C6E-91D6-C3730FCD3418.gif
    image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    BlankCoinDoor.jpg
    IM_Classic.jpg
    percentage-of-bikes-with-problems_large.jpg
    image.jpeg
    Norwegian_Viking_Troll.jpg
    535-6862-05_set.jpg
    stupid.jpg
    dowel.jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Chambahz.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#133 8 years ago

Stern sold me an Avengers that was best described as "half baked" at best.
    JJP sold me a WoZ that shut down and started to smoke after only a few games.
    Heighway sold me a FT that had to go back too.
    My buddy is having some issues with his AMH.

I'd still buy a pin from any of them because they've all been great with the support.
    The point is, pinball machines are tough to build perfectly.
    If you can't handle some troubles, get another hobby.

I suspect that we hear my issues about Stern pins because they sell far more than anyone else.

#214 8 years ago

I can only shake my head, reading some of these "I know best. Here's what Stern ought to do differently" posts.
    It's good to hear from the home-schooled crowd I suppose.
    This isn't Toyota. Stern doesn't have multiple dealerships across the country. They don't make millions each quarter.
    Considering the number of pins they sell compared to the number of Pinsiders who post threads of ACTUAL problems/issues they're having, I'd say it's safe to say Stern is doing fine.
    Perfect? Clearly not. But the fact is, there are VERY FEW people on here who can say "I have an unresolved issue with a game I bought from Stern". Yes, there's a few -and that sucks, but compared to the total number of pins sold, I still feel that they are a solid company to deal with.
    I will say this: if you've held off buying a NIB for multiple years because you're afraid it won't be perfect, that's probably the right choice. Go and buy a resale pin that you can see and play before buying.

#223 8 years ago
    Quoted from Pinfactory2000:

Finally someone in this thread making a point based on data! It's a nice respite from the fanboys vs haters back and forth fueled only by emotion, bad analogies and hyperbole/speculation!!
    (I'm sure it's an oversight but could you post sterns total unit sell through vs defect rate that you based your post on?)

The point is (and I'm sorry it was apparently over your head):
    If you have a legit quality issue, post it and show some pics.
    If you don't, then why bitch and slander?

#249 8 years ago

I don't think anyone will defend Stern over having to swap a playfield. That's legit.
    Bummer when screws are missing but a simple call to either Stern or your distributor should be an easy fix.
    Peeling decals is something that would piss me off though.
    Hard to fix that.
    In all fairness though, minor issues that can be fixed easily have to be considered part of pinball.
    I've had major issues with Stern, JJP, and Heighway so it's hardly isolated to one manufacturer.

3 years later
    #290 5 years ago
    Quoted from jkashani:

BUMP! Anything from BM 66 and on is lackluster...Happy Holidays

Yeah. Iron Maiden. What a dud.
    (sarcasm)

Guess who's been into the nog this season???

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Chambahz.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-quality-going-down-the-drain?tu=Chambahz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.