(Topic ID: 125940)

Iron Man VE donated to Hope Children's Hospital!

By kid_ego

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 13 posts
  • 10 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by bobWeir
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg
image-282.jpg
image-407.jpg
image-837.jpg
image-912.jpg
image-575.jpg
image-722.jpg
#1 8 years ago

Today we had the pleasure of seeing a brand new Iron Man VE get dedicated in honor of my son at Hope Children's hospital in Oak Lawk, IL.

Seeing all our friends from Stern and Project Pinball was great, as was seeing my son's original doctors who treated and cured him of cancer!

Amazing to see the number of people who came out for the ceremony! From me, personally (and from the heart), it meant the world to me and my family!

It was also great having lunch with everyone and planning round two for this fall!

As I get more photos submitted from everyone who was there today, I'll add them to this thread, so you can see that your support (financial and emotional) is greatly appreciated and fuels our desire to keep this going!

image.jpgimage.jpg
image.jpgimage.jpg

image.jpgimage.jpg
image.jpgimage.jpg
image.jpgimage.jpg
image.jpgimage.jpg

#3 8 years ago

Lots of media coverage today, which was great to see.

First link I've found from the interviews we did with WBBM.

Also made the channel 7 news here in Chicago. Recorded the video but haven't found a link to it yet.

http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2015/04/28/cancer-patients-dad-sharing-love-of-pinball-with-childrens-hospital/

#4 8 years ago

fantastic news..

#5 8 years ago

Nice to see all these happy people. Great news. Thanks for posting kid_ego.

I'll wear my green Project Pinball shirt to help celebrate the good news in honor of.

#6 8 years ago

Thanks to Shawn, from Stern, for agreeing to service Iron Man when it needs it.

It wouldn't be possible to have a pin in a children's hospital without someone giving of their spare time to keep it in good working order.

image.jpgimage.jpg

#7 8 years ago

This is awesome! Very generous of STERN as well! +1000 likes

#8 8 years ago

Great story, thanks for posting. Keep up the great work Project Pinball and thanks for all you do.

#9 8 years ago

This is really heartwarming to see. Thanks for posting. Great to see the support from Stern.

#10 8 years ago

This is awesome. Thanks for posting.

#11 8 years ago

So awesome.

#12 8 years ago

I just had Dan over for the night. He told me all about how well this all worked out and how helpful everyone from Stern was from Borg, to Gary and on down. Most importantly the impact that these machines have in the hospitals. The families, nurses, doctors and of course the kids all use the pinball machines as a relief from stress and an outlet in a place where it is needed most.

Dan flew back to Florida on Wednesday from Chicago, then drove the length of the state of Florida yesterday to set up the Project Pinball booth at the Jacksonville show last night. After that we drove back to my place in Central Florida and crashed at 2am. This morning we got up and played a bunch of pinball, went and ate breakfast and Dan just took off back to south Florida for another engagement. This charity is his full time work and keeps him on the road most of the time in some way or another.

So far I have entered in every one of the Project Pinball sweepstakes and though I have never won a machine, I feel like a winner every time.

4 weeks later
#13 8 years ago

Job well done by everyone.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 40.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 12.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 58.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

Machine - For Sale
Dunkirk, MD
$ 78.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dixon, CA
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 87.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 24.95
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-project-pinballand-my-family and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.