acdc_(resized).jpg
distribution_acdc_(resized).JPG
scarface_(resized).jpg
Lou_Reed_and_Metallica_-_Lulu_(resized).jpg
2009-03-02-013_rachael_ray_(resized).jpg
pbbg_(resized).jpg
wtp_(resized).jpg
45003401_(resized).jpg
There are 416 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 9.
#301 8 years ago
Quoted from thedarkknight77:

This thread was started by a bunch of losers that want an ACDC, but cannot afford one! It's not being remade!

Hey OP, you're a "bunch of Losers"!!! And I bet you are poor, aren't you!!

#302 8 years ago

Man, now I feel left out--wish I coulda co-started this thread, as I am certainly a poor looser...

#303 8 years ago
Quoted from Khabbi:

Hey OP, you're a "bunch of Losers"!!! And I bet you are poor, aren't you!!

That's right! I am calling poor man's conspiracy........reliable source alright??? Everyone knows ACDC is the mystery pin after GB and before Hendrix....... Bwahahahaha!!!!

#304 8 years ago
Quoted from Billy16:

Man, now I feel left out--wish I coulda co-started this thread, as I am certainly a poor looser...

What do you call a girl from the ghetto who has sex on the first date..... "poor looser"

#305 8 years ago

This thread was started by a bunch of losers that want an ACDC, but cannot afford one! It's not being remade!

Wow! You sir, are a jerk.

Go sleep on your sack of money, you winner!

Try not to cry your ignorant ass to sleep though, thinking of how much better life would be if you tried to treat people a little nicer.

#306 8 years ago
Quoted from Khabbi:

Dude your sarcastic crap has gotten old. Really bro.
Do you have anything of substance to add here, or just this?

I had him in my kill file for years back in the RGP days. He is slowly, but surely working his way into my ignore file here on Pinside despite having moderators. I do like the Pinside ignore function because you don't even see the person's post when other people quote them. Pinside has gotten a lot better for me since I ignored a certain prolific poster not too long ago. Life is too short to read mindless trolling or stream of consciousness posts.

#307 8 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

Pinside has gotten a lot better for me since I ignored a certain prolific poster not to long ago.

#308 8 years ago
Quoted from BC_Gambit:

Wow! You sir, are a jerk.
Go sleep on your sack of money, you winner!
Try not to cry your ignorant ass to sleep though, thinking of how much better life would be if you tried to treat people a little nicer.

Relax Mr. Sensitive, I am sure the op can handle a little name calling, since he is far from poor with 10 machines. Would you like my address so you can defend your friends honor and come kick my ass??? Put down the bottle, be a man and learn how to take a joke. Jesus Christ, this site has become a bunch of pinball pussies.

#309 8 years ago

Jesus Christ, this site has become a bunch of pinball pussies.

#310 8 years ago

Man after playing AC/DC pro a bunch, I've kinda changed my tune and like it better than the premium version anyways, and ended up buying a pro model. So I'm not so interested in a reissue anymore, unless they made a version with the looks of Luci but with the playfield of the pro.

#311 8 years ago

Not you. I wait until I have read 40 consecutive posts which have zero redeeming value before ignoring a user. I only have two people so far. By the way, you have never gotten above 25 consecutive.

#312 8 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

By the way, you have never gotten above 25 consecutive.

(That's three!)

#313 8 years ago
Quoted from Khabbi:

Dude your sarcastic crap has gotten old. Really bro.
Do you have anything of substance to add here, or just this?

Dude. Bro.

My rapier wit really bothers you more than people starting stupid rumor posts that have no basis in reality, based on the absolutely imbecilic notion that Stern would produce a new run of pinball machines to piggyback on a brief tour that is already underway, will last 6 weeks and be over in the Spring? And my cutting, facetious charm irritates you more than the fact that a large portion of the board decides without the slightest bit of skepticism that this baseless rumor is true, to the tune of 7 pages?

Bro. Dude.

At what point can we officially conclude that this rumor is bullshit? When AC/DC starts their next tour in 4 years? We are already three shows into this tour and not a peep from Stern!!! Really bro, dude!

#314 8 years ago

That is a decent point. Tour started and no visual or any other confirmation that a VE launched. Pretty much wraps this rumor up. File it for future reference I guess. Enjoying my Luci each day and really would have no issue with others being able to buy/enjoy one too.

Maybe further down the road friends?

#315 8 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Dude. Bro.
My rapier wit really bothers you more than people starting stupid rumor posts that have no basis in reality, based on the absolutely imbecilic notion that Stern would produce a new run of pinball machines to piggyback on a brief tour that is already underway, will last 6 weeks and be over in the Spring? And my cutting, facetious charm irritates you more than the fact that a large portion of the board decides without the slightest bit of skepticism that this baseless rumor is true, to the tune of 7 pages?
Bro. Dude.
At what point can we officially conclude that this rumor is bullshit? When AC/DC starts their next tour in 4 years? We are already three shows into this tour and not a peep from Stern!!! Really bro, dude!

Of course talking at your level would get your attention, glad it did! BRO!!

Screen_Shot_2016-02-07_at_1.13.54_PM_(resized).pngScreen_Shot_2016-02-07_at_1.13.54_PM_(resized).png

#316 8 years ago
Quoted from Khabbi:

Of course talking at your level would get your attention, glad it did! BRO!!

Screen_Shot_2016-02-07_at_1.13.54_PM_(resized).png

Hmmm...

So you surmised that directly calling me out would "get my attention?"

Holy shit! This guy is a tactical genius!

#317 8 years ago

There's way too much money in this hobby. The bigger the $$$, the more people's inner-assholes come out.

#318 8 years ago
Quoted from usandthem:

There's way too much money in this hobby. The bigger the $$$, the more people's inner-assholes come out.

That is my general feeling.

Calling others out for not having the $$$ in this hobby is beyond stupid.

You can "only" afford a $2K or $3K toy, not a $5K toy or $8K toy. How pathetic new-money trash can you be?

We are all lucky to be able to enjoy this hobby in our homes at whatever level we do. Trying to make others feel like crap because they choose not to spend whatever stupid amount on a game is pretty low.

And I am sure if enough $$$ is waved at Stern more AC/DC's will flow, eventually. I don't like Luci at all (I think it is tacky, not sexy), but I am sure if enough demand is generated Stern fill satisfy it.

#319 8 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Hmmm...
So you surmised that directly calling me out would "get my attention?"
Holy shit! This guy is a tactical genius!

It was "TACTICAL" Bro! Tactical! What a genius use of "TACTICAL"!! That guy is sooo TACTICAL!!

#320 8 years ago
Quoted from Khabbi:

It was "TACTICAL" Bro! Tactical! What a genius use of "TACTICAL"!! That guy is sooo TACTICAL!!

I think there needs to be an official Pinside Conch shell that we can whack each other over the head in a desperate fight over. This place will make much more sense if that was the case

#321 8 years ago
Quoted from BC_Gambit:

... but I am sure if enough demand is generated Stern fill satisfy it.

Not up to Stern though. This license issue is why so few Luci's exist to begin with. For all we know acdc may be playing hard ball and not interested in granting another license to produce. I wish I was a fly on the wall back 4-8 weeks before contract expiration when they were discussing it. Something went sour. Caught Stern off guard. Contract expired. No extension for 30,60,90,etc to fill Luci and premium orders from distributors. At least that is what my distrib told me. They tried to build up an inventory (20 machines) prior to expiration. Rumor back then was band knew pin was popular and wanted way to much $$$ to renew license.

Wish I knew the "for sure" truth. I am so curious. It appears less Luci versions exist than any LE BIB or LTBR. Surely Stern did not plan it that way? Now Stern is so tight lipped about Luci production numbers it is't even funny anymore. I always thought the amount would leak out within 3 months. Heck, were going on 15 months now!!!

#322 8 years ago
Quoted from FrostyMug:

Not up to Stern though. This license issue is why so few Luci's exist to begin with. For all we know acdc may be playing hard ball and not interested in granting another license to produce. I wish I was a fly on the wall back 4-8 weeks before contract expiration when they were discussing it. Something went sour. Caught Stern off guard. Contract expired. No extension for 30,60,90,etc to fill Luci and premium orders from distributors. At least that is what my distrib told me. They tried to build up an inventory (20 machines) prior to expiration. Rumor back then was band knew pin was popular and wanted way to much $$$ to renew license.
Wish I knew the "for sure" truth. I am so curious. It appears less Luci versions exist than any LE BIB or LTBR. Surely Stern did not plan it that way? Now Stern is so tight lipped about Luci production numbers it is't even funny anymore. I always thought the amount would leak out within 3 months. Heck, were going on 15 months now!!!

I agree it would be interesting to know the truth. That could be spin, sales speak, or the legit truth.

Tron will never be remade... it was remade.
Iron Man will never be remade... it was remade.

Both things I personally saw Gary Stern make plain as day. Yet they were proven to be less than accurate sometimes within a month or so.

So AC/DC never being made again? Call me unconvinced. I guess we'll see in 20 years.

#323 8 years ago

AC/DC will license their logo on anything, flipflops, neckties, Kleenex, hair ties, plastic horns, wine, any garbage you can think of .

If Stern can make a buck, they will reup the license.

If the market is saturated, they won't.

Simple as that.

How about a dog t-shirt? (yes, this is real)

K9_dog_tshirt_(resized).jpgK9_dog_tshirt_(resized).jpg

#324 8 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

AC/DC will license their logo on anything, flipflops, neckties, Kleenex, hair ties, plastic horns, wine, any garbage you can think of .

What you aren't understanding is that the can't just reup the license for a few bucks per machine. It's a huge upfront cost on this one that doesn't make sense for the 100 games that might sell. They've already sold something like 10,000...they've made enough to fulfill demand.

#325 8 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

If the market is saturated, they won't.
Simple as that.
How about a dog t-shirt? (yes, this is real)
K9_dog_tshirt_(resized).jpg

The song is called "Given the dog a bone," not givin. Very upsetting.

#326 8 years ago

Doesn't it make far more business sense for Stern to not re-release old games? I mean this way a game makes it's run, production numbers remain limited and hence the used market for these games remains very strong with prices high. This in turn means it's easier for them to charge higher prices for brand new machines, do a limited run of those, end the run, keep the used market high priced and healthy, rinse and repeat. If they just flooded the market with pins then the used market would tank and it would get harder for them to charge > $7500 for their new pins if their not so old ones could be had for < $3000 used.

#327 8 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

What you aren't understanding is that the can't just reup the license for a few bucks per machine. It's a huge upfront cost on this one that doesn't make sense for the 100 games that might sell. They've already sold something like 10,000...they've made enough to fulfill demand.

What you don't understand is that if Stern thinks they can sell another 1000 games, they will reup.

If they think that they can only sell 100, they won't.

Very simple.

#328 8 years ago

No one here has read the license between Perryscope Productions and Stern, but often licenses have an inexpensive way to extend the agreement between the two parties, with a per-negotiated extension fee.

#329 8 years ago
Quoted from Reality_Studio:

Doesn't it make far more business sense for Stern to not re-release old games?

It's cheaper to just keep shoveling out the same old game, than the 1,000,000 it costs to develop a brand new one.

Stern is striking while the iron is hot.

The red hot pin market is not going to run forever. People run out of room (or money) sooner or later.

#330 8 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

The song is called "Given the dog a bone," not givin. Very upsetting.

I bet no one in the band gives 2 shits, because it's even for sale on their own website; misspelled:

http://store.acdc.com/accessories/give-the-dog-a-bone-k9-raglan-6.html

#331 8 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

I bet no one in the band gives 2 shits, because it's even for sale on their own website; misspelled:
http://store.acdc.com/accessories/give-the-dog-a-bone-k9-raglan-6.html

Yes, I know.

That's why it's so very upsetting.

#332 8 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

It's cheaper to just keep shoveling out the same old game, than the 1,000,000 it costs to develop a brand new one.
Stern is striking while the iron is hot.

I can see that but on the other hand there is a point where too much product can create a glut in the market. For example if someone wants a movie based game, it can be tough to justify buying a new $7500 Star Trek table if let's say a used Tron was available tor $3000. The used market does affect the new market to an extent, I think it's a delicate balance of striking while the iron is hot but not going overboard and having too much used product in the pipe.

Quoted from vid1900:

The red hot pin market is not going to run forever. People run out of room (or money) sooner or later.

I dunno, people keep saying that but I don't think it's the case. The amount of people that can afford pinball tables numbers in the millions now worldwide, whereas they are still only produced in the thousands. So long as they can keep that pricing balance right I think they can milk the pinball cow for years to come, assuming people don't get bored of pinball. I don't think it's money that would stop the pinball train, but eventually apathy might as younger people with limited interested in pinball grow up and don't spend any of their spare dollars on pinball tables.

To me right now they have it split quite nicely, they have the new tables in the >$7500 range which let's these USA based companies earn a profit all while paying the typical huge costs of doing manufacturing here (unions, legal, insurances, etc), and they have the used tier at around $5000 or so which let's new people with disposable income get into pinball while at the same time not undercutting their sales of new machines. With the current roughly $5000/$7500 split of used and new, I think those that prefer new will not be swayed as often to go used. At $3000/$7500 though that changes somewhat.

#333 8 years ago

I can see that but on the other hand there is a point where too much product can create a glut in the market. For example if someone wants a movie based game, it can be tough to justify buying a new $7500 Star Trek table if let's say a used Tron was available tor $3000. The used market does affect the new market to an extent, I think it's a delicate balance of striking while the iron is hot but not going overboard and having too much used product in the pipe

I dunno, people keep saying that but I don't think it's the case. The amount of people that can afford pinball tables numbers in the millions now worldwide, whereas they are still only produced in the thousands. So long as they can keep that pricing balance right I think they can milk the pinball cow for years to come, assuming people don't get bored of pinball. I don't think it's money that would stop the pinball train, but eventually apathy might as younger people with limited interested in pinball grow up and don't spend any of their spare dollars on pinball tables.
To me right now they have it split quite nicely, they have the new tables in the >$7500 range which let's these USA based companies earn a profit all while paying the typical huge costs of doing manufacturing here (unions, legal, insurances, etc), and they have the used tier at around $5000 or so which let's new people with disposable income get into pinball while at the same time not undercutting their sales of new machines. With the current roughly $5000/$7500 split of used and new, I think those that prefer new will not be swayed as often to go used. At $3000/$7500 though that changes somewhat.

Enough, your points are silly and make no sense. TRON for 3k? Get your head out your ass.

#334 8 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

No one here has read the license between Perryscope Productions and Stern, but often licenses have an inexpensive way to extend the agreement between the two parties, with a per-negotiated extension fee.

Actually I have. Metallica had the clause and was extended. AC/DC did not have the clause and they could not come to an agreement to extend it.

#335 8 years ago
Quoted from Iceman5000:

Actually I have. Metallica had the clause and was extended. AC/DC did not have the clause and they could not come to an agreement to extend it.

Yet.....

#336 8 years ago

I can see that but on the other hand there is a point where too much product can create a glut in the market.

Right now we are on the upside.

So everything produced is being bought up and games that were selling for $3700 new in 2008 are fetching $6000.

Baseball Cards, Classic Sports Cars, Comics, Beanie Babies - no one ever thought there was any end in sight.

But of course, the market corrected itself; no matter how much collectors wanted it to stay hot.

-

I loved selling my totally mint, undecaled MM for 18K, but that market has passed.

I loved selling my Tron LE for $12K, but that market has also passed.

No market can continue to make 20% yearly gains forever, although I wish it could.

#337 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Enough, your points are silly and make no sense. TRON for 3k? Get your head out your ass.

The more used product on the market, the cheaper they can be had for. That applies to most anything, including pinball machines.

Quoted from vid1900:

Right now we are on the upside.
So everything produced is being bought up and games that were selling for $3700 new in 2008 are fetching $6000.
Baseball Cards, Classic Sports Cars, Comics, Beanie Babies - no one ever thought there was any end in sight.
But of course, the market corrected itself; no matter how much collectors wanted it to stay hot.
-
I loved selling my totally mint, undecaled MM for 18K, but that market has passed.
I loved selling my Tron LE for $12K, but that market has also passed.
No market can continue to make 20% yearly gains forever, although I wish it could.

Oh I'm not saying it will keep going up for ever at a crazy rate but I presume Stern is thinking about this long term, meaning finding strategic volume and price points for the next few decades and that includes taking both the new and used markets into account. Right now they seem to be doing ok with their PRO/LE strategy on both volume and pricing.

#338 8 years ago

The more used product on the market, the cheaper they can be had for. That applies to most anything, including pinball machines.

Oh I'm not saying it will keep going up for ever at a crazy rate but I presume Stern is thinking about this long term, meaning finding strategic volume and price points for the next few decades and that includes taking both the new and used markets into account. Right now they seem to be doing ok with their PRO/LE strategy on both volume and pricing.

They seem to be doing ok? You did see the massive factory they just moved into correct?

Thank goodness you aren't in charge of anything at Stern.

#339 8 years ago

After seeing Gary straight out say Iron Man will never be remade, I overpaid for a mint one. Then 3 weeks later Stern announced IMVE. Never say never in this hobby.
I want a Luci, may settle for a regular premium at some point. I refuse to buy into the $8500-$9000+ hype and buy one. If Stern announced a AC/DCVE, I'm in. So many regular Premiums out there one will pop up eventually with all the new/cool stuff coming out. If it doesn't, I think I'll survive.
The difference between a market correction in this hobby compared to a 401K correction is I still have a cool game to play.

#340 8 years ago

And Perryscope did not handle the licensing for Stern, EPIC did. (They also handled Metalica and KISS) AC/DC songs currently have the highest licensing fees of any band/singer, in the world. Yet Stern paid KISS 3x what ACDC was paid for the pinball rights. This left a bad taste for ACDC, so they want big money to renew. I'm not saying it will never happen, but there is nothing on the table right now.

#341 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

They seem to be doing ok? You did see the massive factory they just moved into correct?
Thank goodness you aren't in charge of anything at Stern.

What does this have anything to do with what I'm talking about?

#342 8 years ago
Quoted from Iceman5000:

AC/DC songs currently have the highest licensing fees of anyone.

Higher than Led Zep?

#343 8 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Higher than Led Zep?

By far.

#344 8 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

What you don't understand is that if Stern thinks they can sell another 1000 games, they will reup.
If they think that they can only sell 100, they won't.
Very simple.

With Stern's demand based production capacity... It's not far fetched for them to actually pre-sell games and then build if a commitment # is hit. That would certainly take the variables out of it. But real money orders.. not just 'interest' clicks.

#345 8 years ago

What is the price for a AC/DC song in a car commercial compared to Led Zep?

#346 8 years ago

What does this have anything to do with what I'm talking about?

You say they should limit production runs, not good for business.

Do you know what you are talking about?

#347 8 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

What is the price for a AC/DC song in a car commercial compared to Led Zep?

Thunderstruck vs Whole lotta love = about 6x the cost, as an example. I picked those because they are currently the highest and most popular for each band.

#348 8 years ago
Quoted from Iceman5000:

Thunderstruck vs Whole lotta love = about 6x the cost, as an example.

I'd call that shrewd. AC/DC's sound probably has the widest appeal of any rock band.

#349 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

You say they should limit production runs, not good for business.
Do you know what you are talking about?

I have my own very successful business and yes, less is sometimes more. They may do better by using their production capacity to move forward with new games/ip's, rather than overproducing (and possibly devaluing) individual games/ip's. It's not that different from what say Ferrari (and others) do. Pinball is unique in that it's not something anyone can wake up one morning and do, it takes a certain level of creativity, design, tooling, etc to get into that business so they don't have much competition to worry about now or in the near future. They don't make widgets in which case sure crank those out at maximum production capacity. Instead they have the market mostly to themselves so they should maximize the opportunity while they have it, which includes producing new games in a way that keeps both the used and new markets priced high.

#350 8 years ago

I have my own very successful business and yes, less is sometimes more. They may do better by using their production capacity to move forward with new games/ip's, rather than overproducing (and possibly devaluing) individual games/ip's. It's not that different from what say Ferrari (and others) do. Pinball is unique in that it's not something anyone can wake up one morning and do, it takes a certain level of creativity, design, tooling, etc to get into that business so they don't have much competition to worry about now or in the near future. They don't make widgets in which case sure crank those out at maximum production capacity. Instead they have the market mostly to themselves so they should maximize the opportunity while they have it, which includes producing new games in a way that keeps both the used and new markets priced high.

Stern shouldn't care about keeping the used pin market inflated, I don't believe they do nor do I.

Run those pins, make them till they can't make them anymore. Make NIB purchases available to those that weren't in the market a few years ago.

I'm beginning to think you just care about keeping your used pins market value high.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
AC/DC Glass Cover Pre-order!
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

12,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
5,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Chittenango, NY
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballGeek

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

Trade
Machine - For Trade
West Chester, PA
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 12.95
$ 29.95
10,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.95
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

There are 416 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 9.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-producing-acdc-again-with-new-acdc-tour/page/7 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.