acdc_(resized).jpg
distribution_acdc_(resized).JPG
scarface_(resized).jpg
Lou_Reed_and_Metallica_-_Lulu_(resized).jpg
2009-03-02-013_rachael_ray_(resized).jpg
pbbg_(resized).jpg
wtp_(resized).jpg
45003401_(resized).jpg
There are 416 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 9.
#51 8 years ago

A brief arena tour isn't significant enough to make stern rearrange their production schedule and acquire a license for acdc.

Not saying it isn't happening but a 2 month tour wouldn't be the reason.

#52 8 years ago

I can assure you this is not happening. The AC/DC ship has long ago sailed. But STERN did just sign a new licensing agreement with another popular band of the last 40 years. (not Aerosmith).

#53 8 years ago
Quoted from Jimmyd044:

How about a new model with drop targets, no lower playfield and improved artwork. I would also like to see Bon Scott included to the artwork.

I'd settle for just a new art package by Zombie Yeti. ACDC with hand drawn art would be well worth the licensing cost!

#54 8 years ago
Quoted from Iceman5000:

I can assure you this is not happening. The AC/DC ship has long ago sailed. But STERN did just sign a new licensing agreement with another popular band of the last 40 years. (not Aerosmith).

Do Tell!

#55 8 years ago

It's Wham!

Rarehero already sent in his preorder money.

#56 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

It's Wham!
Rarehero already sent in his preorder money.

will it come with a glory hole like your LUCI?

#57 8 years ago
Quoted from freddy:

will it come with a glory hole like your LUCI?

Every NIB comes with a GH!

#58 8 years ago
Quoted from Iceman5000:

Well, Iron Maiden was formed in 1975 so that is 40 years.
U2 was formed in 1976 so that is also about 40 years but I don't see them as a pinball machine.

#59 8 years ago

I can't say more than this: You hear their music played during most professional sporting events in stadiums as crowd pumping music, along with music from AC/DC and Metallica.

#60 8 years ago

Queen? Guns & Roses? Motley Crue?

#62 8 years ago
Quoted from Iceman5000:

You hear their music played during most professional sporting events in stadiums as crowd pumping music, along with music from AC/DC and Metallica.

Yes!!!!!!

katy-perry-dancing-sharksjpeg-04f8f_(resized).jpgkaty-perry-dancing-sharksjpeg-04f8f_(resized).jpg

#63 8 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Yes!!!!!!

katy-perry-dancing-sharksjpeg-04f8f_(resized).jpg

will it have a mirrored back glass!

#64 8 years ago
Quoted from Iceman5000:

I can't say more than this: You hear their music played during most professional sporting events in stadiums as crowd pumping music, along with music from AC/DC and Metallica.

Please be Motley Crue!

#65 8 years ago
Quoted from Iceman5000:

Kick start my heart?

#66 8 years ago

The Who was formed around 1964, so that's stretching it at 52 years. Don't know if that would fly, considering the controversy of Pete Townsend. Otherwise, I'd love to hear original Who tunes, not the silliness from Tommy. And somebody said Steve Ritchie is a Who fan...

#67 8 years ago
Quoted from Iceman5000:

Queen, We Will Rock You
GNR, Welcome to the Jungle
Ozzy, Crazy Train
The Ramones, Blitzkrieg Bop

#68 8 years ago
Quoted from Iceman5000:

Well if you, Iceman500, are personally assuring this, then I guess I better start looking at the used market again. Damn.

#69 8 years ago

Yeah, this game is so much fun had to come one day.

I am outpriced of these NIB pins. But......

If Stern makes AC-DC Pro Luci, with the premium bell + sideway, and replace the standups with drop targets...

Absolutely a dream pin for me than. And i will try whatever i can to own it one day.

#70 8 years ago

#1 selling Stern game of all time and still plenty of people who want to buy NIB. Selling 250 Premiums and 250 Luci's would be a no brainer. The new tour might be an excuse, but the demand from distributors along with the increasing price of Luci is the real reason.

#71 8 years ago

I love these kinds of threads where one person has "an inside source" and another has it "on good authority" - each saying the opposite thing...

#72 8 years ago
Quoted from Khabbi:

But STERN did just sign a new licensing agreement with another popular band of the last 40 years. (not Aerosmith).

Out with it !

#73 8 years ago

Only available to play in public toilets!

#74 8 years ago

Actually that's Iceman that's saying there's another band signed, not me!!

#75 8 years ago

Probably more like another band from 40 years ago.

#76 8 years ago
Quoted from Iceman5000:

Please be Maiden, 40 years on the mark just about.

#77 8 years ago

All these old fart rock bands and irrelevant movie themes from a bygone era make it real easy for this long time pinballer to keep his money in his pocket.

#78 8 years ago

Bob Marley and the waylers?

No idea how popular they were in the USA.

Music still and always will be awesome. Might sell to a few coffeeshops out here.

#79 8 years ago
Quoted from Iceman5000:

But STERN did just sign a new licensing agreement with another popular band of the last 40 years.

Ok, so at best that pin is 18 months out assuming what you say is true. What does that have to do with a remake of ACDC in the next few months? In my opinion these are two unrelated rumors.

#80 8 years ago
Quoted from Plungemaster:

Bob Marley and the waylers?

If they are going to do another band from the past it should be one that is no longer with us so we don't have to look at their fat asses and bald heads on the machine.

#81 8 years ago

As an owner of a Luci, I'm all for this if it means they put another software update out.

Lyman said he had a couple of pages of notes worth of stuff for AC/DC that he wanted to do to make the code 'final'.

#82 8 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

As an owner of a Luci,

still would like to know LUCI production #'s seems to be a big secret!

#83 8 years ago

I agree, I own a Luci and love it! I hope they produce more so that people can enjoy the game.

#84 8 years ago

This is horrible news for JJP

#85 8 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Why? Were they planning on releasing The Andrews Sisters at the same time?

#86 8 years ago

I have a premium, but missed out on getting a BIBLE or a LTBRLE...if JJP can come out with a 75th anniversary for WOZ and Stern can come out with Luci editions (not to mention vault editions of previously released pins)...why can't they make another AC/DC LE...perhaps a Highway To Hell LE...

#87 8 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Why? Were they planning on releasing The Andrews Sisters at the same time?

I mean if they don't start shipping TH sooner rather than later. In time Stern will be making new and re-license pins like Tron, LOTR etc.. While JJP is shipping air?

#88 8 years ago
Quoted from Iceman5000:

It's Stern, no need to clarify that the band is 40 years old, that's implied.

#89 8 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

All these old fart rock bands and irrelevant movie themes from a bygone era make it real easy for this long time pinballer to keep his money in his pocket.

What recent crappy band would you prefer to see over some of the all time great rock bands??? Everything new is hip hop crap.

#90 8 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

What recent crappy band would you prefer to see over some of the all time great rock bands???

I don't need a band or an old movie. Until I see something new that wows me, I'm over it.

But I'm definitely not going to pay tribute to the 80s in my living room. Unless it was made then.

#91 8 years ago

Monkees went on the air in 1966...50 years...just saying.

#92 8 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Yep two lines going full blast ...fast shipping... new titles every 3-4 months... is bad news for JJP.
Not that they will but - lowering costs down under 7k would be heartbreaking and possibly back breaking for JJP.
Seems JJP pricing goes up every month --Woz RR is what 9k now. You could get a GB pro and Got Prem for that price delivered before TH prepay people get TH....just a prediction.

#93 8 years ago

Steve Ritchie is a fan of The Who...it's on his Facebook page as one of his likes.

#94 8 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Your timing is way off. The time for irrelevant bashing of ACDC was a few years ago when the first pictures of the game were released and all the usual haters panned it. Now that it is a #1 seller and a top 10 pin its a little too late.

#95 8 years ago
Quoted from HOOKED:

Yep two lines going full blast ...fast shipping... new titles every 3-4 months... is bad news for JJP.
Not that they will but - lowering costs down under 7k would be heartbreaking and possibly back breaking for JJP.
Seems JJP pricing goes up every month --Woz RR is what 9k now. You could get a GB pro and Got Prem for that price delivered before TH prepay people get TH....just a prediction.

I don't think JJP are trying to compete on any kind of volume basis yet. They have a product Stern either can't or aren't yet matching in terms of build quality, features, art and code updates. I think people will always be prepared to pay more for a product they feel is a cut above. If they were producing games very similar to Stern at a higher price, then yeah I'd agree.

Hobbit doesn't interest me at all as a theme (WoZ does), but the game looks like a superb package. Once it's finally out of the door I'm sure they'll sell as many as they can produce.

#96 8 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

I don't think JJP are trying to compete on any kind of volume basis yet. They have a product Stern either can't or aren't yet matching in terms of build quality, features, art and code updates. I think people will always be prepared to pay more for a product they feel is a cut above. If they were producing games very similar to Stern at a higher price, then yeah I'd agree.
Hobbit doesn't interest me at all as a theme (WoZ does), but the game looks like a superb package. Once it's finally out of the door I'm sure they'll sell as many as they can produce.

I'm not a JJP hater I just believe the longer the delays the more impatient buyers will be. If Stern pumps out say 6 options a year (new and VT) along with Williams remakes (1) vs JJP one every 2 years that would be customer costly for JJP....Prepay model is over.
Lets hope GB is packed with goodies in all versions and TH hits the streets by summer (not prepays but pay today get next week buyers).

#97 8 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

As an owner of a Luci, I'm all for this if it means they put another software update out.
Lyman said he had a couple of pages of notes worth of stuff for AC/DC that he wanted to do to make the code 'final'.

That's news from 2 years ago though. Has anyone talked to him recently about it? I don't think anyone can really deny the game could use another udpate:

- Enable live mode
- Balance Hells Bells and other songs
- Do something more with the cannon inserts
- Make the mini playfield more lucrative to play. It's kind of a dud right now.
- Other various scoring tweaks

Rob

#98 8 years ago
Quoted from herbertbsharp:

Don't quote me on that part though.

Too late Herbie.

#99 8 years ago
Quoted from thearcadegeek:

I love these kinds of threads where one person has "an inside source" and another has it "on good authority" - each saying the opposite thing...

I'm betting at least one is right. Funny hiw many of these threads have been right in the last couple years. If stern is making it someone out there knows about it.

#100 8 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

- Enable live mode
- Balance Hells Bells and other songs
- Do something more with the cannon inserts
- Make the mini playfield more lucrative to play. It's kind of a dud right now.
- Other various scoring tweaks
Rob

AcDc is the code that Stern could put up there with LOTR and TSPP when people talk about great code, it's great now but it could be really great, especially the lower PF is not much except for fun, I wish there was some more with the lower PF maybe both upper and lower PF running at the same time. I always love that when it's necessary to hit a shot on an upper or lower PF while also keeping track of the main PF.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
AC/DC Glass Cover Pre-order!
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballGeek

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

10,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
$ 12.95
$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 29.95
Machine - For Sale
Sadsburyville, PA
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
West Chester, PA
$ 49.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 416 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 9.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-producing-acdc-again-with-new-acdc-tour/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.