Topic Stats

• 416 posts
  • 121 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by pninja005
  • Topic is favorited by 9 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 24 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image_(resized).jpeg
ac22_(resized).jpg
acdctrailer1_(resized).jpg
ACdcmerch_(resized).jpg
K9_dog_tshirt_(resized).jpg
Screen_Shot_2016-02-07_at_1.13.54_PM_(resized).png
ac_dc_(resized).jpg
IMG_1682_(resized).JPG
acdc_(resized).jpg
distribution_acdc_(resized).JPG
scarface_(resized).jpg
Lou_Reed_and_Metallica_-_Lulu_(resized).jpg
2009-03-02-013_rachael_ray_(resized).jpg
pbbg_(resized).jpg
wtp_(resized).jpg
45003401_(resized).jpg

There are 416 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 9.
#1 4 years ago

Just heard from a reliable source that Stern will indeed be re-upping the AC/DC license and producing more AC/DC machines with the new tour coming up. Demand is still high and we may even see a tour edition of the machine and since Luci's are not limited, that will be available.

You heard it here first! We can all rejoice!! This is a good move by Stern!

#2 4 years ago

I saw a NIB Premium just pop up for sale.

#3 4 years ago

But it's only half a band now.....

#4 4 years ago

Must only mean one thing, delays for Ghostbusters incoming. Hope not as the GB machine layout shows promise.

#5 4 years ago

Ghostbusters is going to do very well for them.

#6 4 years ago

And based on the SMVE pricing trend my Ac/DC premium 'investment' is safe, or may go up in value.

#7 4 years ago

If this ACDC rumor is true, I pray they include more songs, with the option of replacing previous songs with them (and present with new animations/sound effects and easy-to-swap song inserts in the back panel). I'd love modes for Dirty Deeds, Shoot To Thrill, Shake A Leg and Money Talks. I'd also prefer Angus' mug be replaced with something less scary. I seriously doubt any of this would happen, considering ASCAP's iron grip. I still love to dream, though.

#8 4 years ago

Very interesting. Love this game!

#9 4 years ago

Maybe they will complete the missing elements at last. Cannon modes, Tunes n stuff, where is the "n stuff".

#10 4 years ago

With the price increases of games, it is possible they could eat an entire license fee of $50k (wild guess), just to run 200 Luci's. That's only $250 per game, less than the pinflation since they last made ac/dc.

I don't see it being a huge seller, as ac/dc market is pretty saturated, but low 3 figure number seems possible.

#11 4 years ago

I hate to say it, but I don't think I'd be in the market for it. AC/DC is absolutely a great game. In fact, one of the best Stern made. But to me it is starting to feel old. I was playing it the other night at a friends house, and somewhere along the way it lost its spark for me. I enjoyed it, but not enough to buy. And it is because of other games. Metallica is more fun to me now. GoT is just amazing. And I'm even looking back at Star Trek because of the explanations of SKB. AC/DC just doesn't fit in anymore. I'll still play it every chance I get, but that "instant buy" feeling I had last year as I wanted it has been replaced by games like TWD and GoT. Exquisite short playing games that nail it.

#12 4 years ago

I don't believe it. There are tons of acdc out there. I see them more than most other games. Hard to believe there is much market left for it.

#13 4 years ago

I can't wait to see the MSRP they slap on this one... Folks have thrown more than $1k in great mods into their games and have been asking in the $6500-$7400 range. I'm guessing you're looking at $7800 to $8k msrp for a rerelease of an Unmodded premium version of the game?

#14 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Wiz:

Just heard from a reliable source

Kaneda's podcast?

#15 4 years ago

I don't see it either, the market price on a premium isn't that high compared to what a current NIB street price would be($6500-$6600). I just don't see the demand either in any kind of volume. Anyone who wants to buy an AC/DC can have one right now if they are not being cheap. Luci's maybe as I thought they are still bringing a bit over what NIB costs, but then again that may have been a some time ago. I thought AeroSmith was next, then Hendrix, Maiden. What about Tron or Lord of the Rings?

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ok-did-i-miss-the-rumor-page-stern-whats-next

#16 4 years ago

IF....(BIG IF) this does happen the price should be close or same to original prices. The money for Stern is to sell volume and an increase would probably hurt sales....just my guess.

Not gonna miss Luci this time if it happens.

#17 4 years ago

Smart move. Still a great game and there's demand.

#18 4 years ago

I think that since this was a big seller, they figure it will continue to sell.. and distributors will want them in their inventory to sell as customers pop up. I'm not surprised.

Look at how many 1st run Spiderman machines are out there for sale, I don't think they look at the market, only what they can sell.

And not to mention, a new tour edition will be a low #'s run and will be snatched up fast in the hopes it will go up like Luci, bible, and LTBR.

I have to say, with all the past machines they could make, this is one that makes sense.

#19 4 years ago

I know several people that would love a chance to buy a NIB ACDC Premium. Great move by Stern

#20 4 years ago

I have been in the hobby for about 6 years and my only regret is not picking one of these NIB.

#21 4 years ago

I own ACDC and I hope they do another run. I can't imagine they come out with 2 VE's in one year though. Maybe they will say this is not a VE because SM was rewrapped.

Wonder how much the price will go up? They have to price it higher because it will not sell anywhere near the amount of games on the first run. Paying for new license again and having a smaller run will cause an increase in price. Will rewrapping cause another $1000 increase? Yup. Also wonder if they do a Pro run to give people a lower priced option.

Those who own the game, like myself, can just grab a new Translite, if it is redone, if they don't like old sweaty guys with hairy chests. I kind of like mine now.

#22 4 years ago
Quoted from GravitaR:

Must only mean one thing, delays for Ghostbusters incoming. Hope not

Could the delays be a good thing for Ghostbusters ? Would it allow the team working on it a little more time on tweaking certain areas before being pubically annouced if the deadline is pushed later on in the year ?

#23 4 years ago

ACDC is still my favorite pin.

#24 4 years ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

I own ACDC and I hope they do another run. I can't imagine they come out with 2 VE's in one year though. Maybe they will say this is not a VE because SM was rewrapped.
Wonder how much the price will go up? They have to price it higher because it will not sell anywhere near the amount of games on the first run. Paying for new license again and having a smaller run will cause an increase in price. Will rewrapping cause another $1000 increase? Yup. Also wonder if they do a Pro run to give people a lower priced option.
Those who own the game, like myself, can just grab a new Translite, if it is redone, if they don't like old sweaty guys with hairy chests. I kind of like mine now.

Would it be a "VE" or simply "another run"? It hasn't been out of production that long.

#25 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Wiz:

Just heard from a reliable source that Stern will indeed be re-upping the AC/DC license and producing more AC/DC machines with the new tour coming up. Demand is still high and we may even see a tour edition of the machine and since Luci's are not limited, that will be available.
You heard it here first! We can all rejoice!! This is a good move by Stern!

You mean the "new/arena" tour of the same tour from last year?

#26 4 years ago

maybe they will contact aurich and do a Hellen version!

#27 4 years ago

ACDC Vault edition?

#28 4 years ago

if it comes in around 6400-6600 shipped its a great deal to buy NIB vs HUO. Most people are trying to get over 6k for HUOs aren't they? That always seemed high to me. So NIB is a no brainer there. If I don't get a GB I might grab an ACDC instead.

#29 4 years ago

Sounds more like wishful thinking to me, considering they are having trouble catching up to what they have on order now. Still waiting for my TWD premium. They have GoT, SMVE, TWD, GB, still finishing MMR. Seems like a lot at the moment with whatever new game will be announced in early spring. Call me skeptical on this one, if they do I wouldn't expect it for a while.

#30 4 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

Sounds more like wishful thinking to me, considering they are having trouble catching up to what they have on order now. Still waiting for my TWD premium. They have GoT, SMVE, TWD, GB, still finishing MMR. Seems like a lot at the moment with whatever new game will be announced in early spring. Call me skeptical on this one, if they do I wouldn't expect it for a while.

I don't think kiss are all shipped yet either

#31 4 years ago

Acdc is good but it is no got

#32 4 years ago

I'm in on a NIB! I'm looking for one locally (Florida) and would prefer a NIB anyways.

Tour edition sounds good also. Maybe they can do something with the mini-playfield like they did Luci?

#33 4 years ago
Quoted from fattdirk:

I don't believe it. There are tons of acdc out there. I see them more than most other games. Hard to believe there is much market left for it.

There are AC/DC fans everywhere!

#34 4 years ago

Its funny how this rumor has become fact in less than 2 hours. Haven't heard a peep from thousands of people on here about this one that seem to be in the know. Not saying it can't be true, just funny how people have latched on to it as fact so quickly. People already posting on a sellers NIB premium for sale thread that it's coming out. Interesting watching the rumors spread through the forum... Rofl. I own a premium and think a tour edition would be pretty cool in addition to more parts availability for years to come for AC/DC.

#35 4 years ago

My regret is not being able to buy an AC/DC Prem when an HUO sold for $5500 or slightly more. If they go into production again, I sure hope to get one. Pricing wise, I don't see Stern being one bit bashful, with a MSRP in the $7500 - $8000 category. This was a big seller but I still see lots of demand

#36 4 years ago
Quoted from freddy:

maybe they will contact aurich and do a Hellen version!

She's not in it for the money, what kind of a girl do you take her for?

#37 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

She's not in it for the money, what kind of a girl do you take her for?

NICE!

#38 4 years ago

I regret not getting a Luci, been looking for one for awhile. Hope it's true! I'm in!!

#39 4 years ago

This is impossible as Rarehero has made 837 posts saying it won't happen and the license is expired.

#40 4 years ago
Quoted from stretch2:

But it's only half a band now....

Dude, this is pinball.

#41 4 years ago

If the license is expired then it can't happen.......this all speculation /wishful thinking based on the OP saying the license has been renewed......IF that info is correct then it is possible. I am not gonna get too excited until Stern leaks or announces it.

#42 4 years ago

I mean really, how much can the license cost?

#43 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I mean really, how much can the license cost?

I recently saw an interview with Roger Sharpe somewhere, and he said they are wayyyy cheaper than everyone thinks, i seem to remember him saying like $10 a machine or something like that. Don't quote me on that part though.

#44 4 years ago

I hope they wait a few months before this releases so I have the money. I'm soooo in if I'm able to though. LOVE this game!

#45 4 years ago
Quoted from herbertbsharp:

I recently saw an interview with Roger Sharpe somewhere, and he said they are wayyyy cheaper than everyone thinks, i seem to remember him saying like $10 a machine or something like that. Don't quote me on that part though.

More expensive for music games. Every track has royalties - music games are a totally different beast for licensing.

#46 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

More expensive for music games. Every track has royalties - music games are a totally different beast for licensing.

That makes a lot of sense, I didn't think of that part

#47 4 years ago
Quoted from herbertbsharp:

he said they are wayyyy cheaper than everyone thinks

Ancient music done dirt cheap.

#48 4 years ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

Also wonder if they do a Pro run to give people a lower priced option.

This would be sweet! I've been looking for one of the newer led pro models with no luck.

#49 4 years ago

If they renew the license, they have no more excuse not finishing the code.
So i hope that it's true.

#50 4 years ago

How about a new model with drop targets, no lower playfield and improved artwork. I would also like to see Bon Scott included to the artwork.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 249.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Tilttopper
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
There are 416 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 9.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside