(Topic ID: 239664)

Stern Pro VS Premium

By webdiddy

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider paul_8788.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#31 5 years ago
Quoted from tonedef131:

Spots are better than drops on this game, hitting that long rubber once they are down is a nightmare
- Disco ball is a non-interactive toy so who cares, ditto for the Happy Meal toys
- Loop ramp is cool but not worth the added cost and makes disco multiball a rarity

My thoughts on Deadpool:

- Not sure about spots being better. Haven't played a Pro though. I love drop targets in general, so I am biased. Would it be worth upgrading from Pro to Premium if that is all the difference? No.
- Disco ball is pretty cool, nice little lightshow in Disco modes, but I agree, not a large enough feature to justify Pro to Premium if going on that alone.
- No real difference in light show, which is unusual from Stern Pro to Premium/LE, so not a reason to upgrade.
- Loop ramp is more than cool imo, it changes the game flow significantly. Disco multiball will still happen, and you get a disco loops mode that the Pro doesn't have. You can easily get Disco multiball every game if you want, just focus on that left orbit and keep looping it. The spinner rip over and over is very satisfying. Now that I have it, I can't see myself enjoying Deadpool without it.

So, for me, loop ramp is the deciding factor, the drops and disco ball is just gravy. Everyone is going to have their own opinion, but I would strongly advise anyone looking at Deadpool to try both the Pro and Premium/LE before deciding. Hitting that left orbit ripping the spinner three or four times in a row is a lot of fun.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
BomberMods

$ 16.00
$ 22.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
HurryUpPinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
13,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Huntington Station, NY
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 79.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 55.00
Playfield - Protection
Tucson Pinball

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider paul_8788.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-pro-vs-premium?tu=paul_8788 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.