(Topic ID: 224726)

Stern Pro Models affect on older games for me. Am I crazy?

By Loganpinball

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 61 posts
  • 43 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by vassq
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

1ACFE59B-6009-48D2-95DA-6D608497C56A.jpeg
    EA6EE9FF-0D84-475F-AC19-A66935E988DA (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Loganpinball.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 5 years ago

Just curious if I am the only one crazy to think that if Stern keeps offering really good games at the pro level am I alone in hessitating to spend over 4500 on used older games? Considering for a bit more you can get a new pro model or even really close to some used newer titles.
    Stern’s last couple are really enjoyable games for us. I hate the scoring in Star Wars, but love playing it. Iron Maiden is excellent and Dead Pool is another excellent pro level game. If they keep producing enjoyable pro models at this rate, it will affect myself in the market for games, meaning I would most likely spend my money on their newer machines over older ones. I got Dead Pool used and we love it. We have Star Wars and also love it minus the scoring. I will get Iron Maiden at one point. That is the effect Stern has had on me. Am I alone in this thought? Not bashing or trolling, really just curious if anyone shares this oppinion. Thanks.

EA6EE9FF-0D84-475F-AC19-A66935E988DA (resized).jpegEA6EE9FF-0D84-475F-AC19-A66935E988DA (resized).jpeg
    #6 5 years ago

I agree on the magic part of those classic games. I understand that completely. I know newer isn’t better thats not what I meant. Dead Pool is amazingly fun and a beautifull machine for the price. In the past year I sold or traded Tron, Medieval Madness and a Indiana Jones. I got a Williams Indiana Jones years ago for $3800 in great shape. Its just crazy how much they command now. I did get it again in a trade for the hobbit a few months ago. I think Puffdanny said what I was trying to say better than i could in his post. I agree that if they keep putting good machines out in the market it just changes where I would spend my money. I have had alot of the classics and they are great for a reason. I would say that anything thats not a must have classic at that price point of 4500 or above is going to be something I no longer pursue if Stern Pros are as good as the ones I mentioned.

#9 5 years ago

Jjp is another deal completely. Those prices are just crazy. Theres no arguement there Brian. Good luck on your venture..

#15 5 years ago

A fellow pinsider had it for a few days and did not like it. I was lucky enough to be first to contact him. I have bought from him in the past and hes a great seller and a nice guy. He just did not like it. I have no idea why? Its great.

#55 5 years ago

We have been buying machines since 2001 and I am lucky as my wife is the one that got me into pinball. I was all arcade games. Varied opinions of course, glad I am not alone in my thoughts. All pinball is good. I have owned a lot of the classics and they were great. I seem to be more interested in newer pro models for the new experience of learning a game. Dead pool has really got my attention right now and we love playing it. I have a beautifull Indiana Jones that I played to death and I just do not turn it on anymore. I know every angle and rule in it and get to eternal life alot. I guess that is another reason for leaning towards new unknown games that are fun to learn and play. To see the new Sterns with lcds improving with each game I really think they will make the dmd era look old. Thanks for the conversation I enjoyed reading the posts. The sadest memory I have with prices is attending a arcade closing auction and only buying a simpsons pinball party for 2200 and not buying the lord of the rings that also sold for only 2200. It was early 2000’s. Madness.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Loganpinball.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-pro-models-affect-on-older-games-for-me-am-i-crazy?tu=Loganpinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.