Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 68 posts
  • 48 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Hazoff
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

C43A5DE2-6E47-4A7B-B5DB-0D68861C2364 (resized).png
    7F2E1747-2AEF-41AB-BF83-9D941E310B10 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider drfrightner.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#17 4 years ago

Here is what I think Stern has realized.

All of the other pinball companies and I mean ALL OF THEM have raised their base model game into the 7000 range. Willy Wonka SE is 7500, Spooky is 7, American Pinball I think is 7200, and the list goes on. Who knows what Chicago Gaming is going to do with their next standard versions.

I also think the ICONIC themes are more or less gone. I doubt very seriously Stern will have another 5k plus pinball game unless somehow they can snag LZ, Harry Potter, or something that so far no one can get.

Sell fewer machines, but make more for each one you sell. They're in business to make money, and if you'll pay it they'll take it.

When you stop buying you'll see the prices drop I would imagine.

People on pinside need to understand that just because a new game comes out doesn't mean you need to buy it. You buy it 4 months later you're bored of it you want to sell you lose $1500. Patience is a virtue just wait for someone to sell theirs.

Look at Munster LE's they're down up to $3000, patience would have been a real benefit on that machine.

#19 4 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

You tihnk they're going to jump to 6k street price next release? God no.

And you think they jacked up the price just because of the theme? God No! Stern has been playing with prices for the past year and they're not looking back.

Even at 6k they would be the cheapest of all their competition and they know that. Yeah I think its going to 6k and staying there or going up again!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider drfrightner.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-pro-is-now-100-shy?tu=drfrightner and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.