Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 68 posts
  • 48 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Hazoff
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

C43A5DE2-6E47-4A7B-B5DB-0D68861C2364 (resized).png
    7F2E1747-2AEF-41AB-BF83-9D941E310B10 (resized).jpeg

There are 68 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 4 years ago

I did a quick quick lookup of Stern games on IPDB.
    https://www.ipdb.org/search.pl?mfgid=303&sortby=name&searchtype=advanced

Using a three year sample, 2017-2019, they released roughly 11 original titles in multiple price tiers.

Aerosmith
    Star Wars
    GOTG
    Iron Maiden
    Deadpool
    The Beatles
    Munsters
    Black Knight
    Jurassic Park
    Elvira
    Stranger Things

In my personal story, I purchased 2 of these NIB and two of them used. I’ve already sold the two used ones as I didn’t have to take much of a loss on them. Since the new games will have a higher depreciation, I’ll keep them longer and get some that value out of personal enjoyment. Price is certainly a factor, but the PF issues are a much larger consideration for me personally. All of my four purchases were before 2019.

I am very hesitant to purchase new until Stern addresses the issue. I completely understand that they are not going to make a public statement about the PFs. However, the problem is real to collectors. It’s hard to know when a problem has been addressed if a company won’t admit it exists.

#53 4 years ago

Seems like prices keep going up annually....and it's usually several hundred bucks.
    Bought an LE in Auguest 2015 For $7999. January 2019 for $8799. Now an LE is $9499. 18% increase in 4 years! Crazy where prices are headed.

#54 4 years ago

These games to me are at my threshold of “is it really even worth it?”

I picked up some great secondary market games this summer barely used for less than Stranger Things, but just as good or better. No pooling or chipping either.

#55 4 years ago

Plus tax!

#56 4 years ago

haven't paid that yet

#57 4 years ago

I keep seeing people reference the cost of building the machine and BOM as a reference to the selling price. These things are nominally related - you sell things for what the market will pay for the item. If that is at or near cost then you should consider cutting your BOM or exiting the market.... but if you continue to sell at a brisk level then you need to raise your prices (regardless of the cost to manufacture).

One thing that confuses me (as someone who owns a few LE's) - I am not sure why we continue to buy LE's. Many of them seem to lose a couple thousand in value over the first year or so. It looks like there is a false premise of collectibility that helps to drive the price of the NIB. I mainly buy LE's because I prefer the included features over the premium (the invisible glass, shaker, and graphic packages), but realistically that stuff doesn't translate well into value.

#58 4 years ago

Punny Factory is also going for $6000 so if you think about it a Stern Pro is a steal!

#59 4 years ago
    Quoted from herbertbsharp:

Whats street price on Stranger Things? I hate calling around

I got a $5800 quote.

#60 4 years ago
    Quoted from Tommy-dog:

I got a $5800 quote.

Yikes.

#61 4 years ago

I know dealer cost on Areosmith pro was $4800 so I would guess that a new Stern pro is most likely around $5200.

#62 4 years ago

Still a lot of Game for 5800. Look at the shit other companies are charging 7k plus for.

#63 4 years ago
    Quoted from herbertbsharp:

Whats street price on Stranger Things? I hate calling around

up $100 over Jurassic Park

#64 4 years ago

Yikes indeed!

Hard to believe the cheapest game you can buy from anybody else is $1200 more. Why are those other companies gouging us?!

#65 4 years ago

Besides regular inflation it seems like pinball is having a nice resurgence. More companies making them now. This new interest is leading to higher prices.

I would also think licensing IP is getting more expensive. How much did disney get for each SW sold?

#66 4 years ago

Stern Pro is now $100 shy... of really good Bally / Williams titles on pinside marketplace.

#67 4 years ago

Stern fanboys: Sterns sells so many more games than those small companies
    Stern fanboys: Stern puts out more games per year than all those small companies
    Stern fanboys: I don't understand why you say stern is ripping you off with their gameplay tiering which is cheaper than what those other smaller companies release with higher cost thresholds and less game sales/production ratios that would offset costs
    Stern fanboys: *stomps foot* I'm a people person, but don't understand math and want to treat pinball like a political debate so I can be *right*

Paid for by the collaboration of pinball lovers opposed to price hikes and lower quality.

#68 4 years ago
    Quoted from Zablon:

Stern fanboys: Sterns sells so many more games than those small companies
    Stern fanboys: Stern puts out more games per year than all those small companies
    Stern fanboys: I don't understand why you say stern is ripping you off with their gameplay tiering which is cheaper than what those other smaller companies release with higher cost thresholds and less game sales/production ratios that would offset costs
    Stern fanboys: *stomps foot* I'm a people person, but don't understand math and want to treat pinball like a political debate so I can be *right*

Paid for by the collaboration of pinball lovers opposed to price hikes and lower quality.

Wow is that stupid.

There are 68 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-pro-is-now-100-shy/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.