(Topic ID: 54667)

Stern private tour yesterday, Borg is a great guy !!

By pinball_erie

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 13 posts
  • 11 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by grh450
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 10 years ago

My Wife and I showed up at 10:30 per Jody's instructions. Waited about a half hour, still Jody. Borg comes walking in from a smoke break and I go "John, it's Shawn from the emails. He tries Jody to no avail and is like screw it, lets go. Borg, my wife, and myself play Metallica LE for about an hour together. Then John takes us all over the factory, shoots us a few free gifts, and has a few hours of conversation about anything.

Gary comes walking by, very personable, takes pics with me and the wife, good guy.

Gomez walks by, excited to meet us, really engaging with an owner of two of his designs. Runs to his office, comes back with a signed TFLE flyer, signs my custom cards, and leaves very graciously and thankful to us for supporting them.

Still no Jody at three.

Borg signs my stern hat, all my missions were completed.

I would highly recommend this tour for any pinhead.

Thanks Borg !!! One of the reasons we decided on Chicago to visit was Stern. Started off shitty, but ended with Borg giving the whole tour and talking great coin op stories, many of which he asked me
    to keep it between us, no problem for a great guy. Our visit could not have gone any better !!

#2 10 years ago

Great story!! I NEED to go to Chicago!!

#3 10 years ago

Very cool!

#4 10 years ago

Kwiki, it's something you would never forget.

#5 10 years ago
    Quoted from pinball_erie:

Kwiki, it's something you would never forget.

Good to know!!! Did you go to CP Pinball??

#6 10 years ago

That's my homeboy BORGY is the best

#7 10 years ago

In the wee hours Sat. am at Expo last year I was sitting next to John in the front hallway with a lot of people from the industry. Great guy.

Glad he did an impromptu tour for you. Sounded like quite the experience.

LTG : )

#8 10 years ago

nice to see the one on one attention you got . Stern needs to up the ante.

#9 10 years ago

So this was on a saturday? I wonder how many pinball designers work 6-7 days a week. Dam, that's a thankless job

#10 10 years ago

Sounds like an awesome time! I hope to get there and have a tour also one day.

#11 10 years ago

Sounds awesome-any pictures? Any hints on next title-it is driving me crazy thinking about it. Could it be Man of Steel or The Lone Ranger or......? No hints around factory eh?

#12 10 years ago

I think one of the reasons people are invited to the factory and are allowed on the tours and such is because they respect that it's a privilege they are allowed in. The only way that continues is that we all respect the idea that we cant give up all that we know at times.

Don't get me wrong I wish I knew some goodies about the next title, or it would be nice to know if they are running my Met Pre right now.

Chris

#13 10 years ago
    Quoted from ChrisS:

Don't get me wrong I wish I knew some goodies about the next title, or it would be nice to know if they are running my Met Pre right now.

me too

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-private-tour-yesterday-borg-is-a-great-guy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.