(Topic ID: 184056)

Stern pricing ( remember the good old days )

By hoby1

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 51 posts
  • 28 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by wtatumjr
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1011 (resized).JPG
    IMG_1010 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0381 (resized).JPG
    IMG_6934 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballlew.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#11 7 years ago
    Quoted from Who-Dey:

The GB machines are fine now as far as I know so fo ahead and treat yourself to something awesome and beautiful. I just did and I love it, best pin ive ever played!

The clear isn't. The new games at Expo in Marcos booth all had chipping in the outholes. So after one day of playing the playfields are wearing down. I really do not care about the outhole but it surely is a sign to me that you will have chipping in other areas of the playfield sooner the later.

#13 7 years ago
    Quoted from Who-Dey:

I have heard of at least one Pro doing that. My Premium with a October playfield date is holding up great and I have a friend that also has a October playfield date that is fine. I also haven't heard of really any problems since the middle to the end of September. I think that clearly proves that the clearcoat problems have been mostly corrected. Of course you can find one somewhere I'm sure, but I think the worst is behind us and I personally am not afraid to buy a new Stern right now. That's just me though.

Well the new games at Arcade Expo in the Marco booth...Aerosmith two pros both had it. Two of The three GB premiums had it, the other one had a cliffhanger protector on it. the BM66's had it.

#16 7 years ago
    Quoted from Who-Dey:

That sucks I agree. Nothing a piece of Mylar or a protector won't fix though, and yes I know that people shouldn't have to do that so nobody needs to tell me. I 100 percent agree that it sucks. I'm not sure why that is a problem. I was actually thinking that you meant the right saucer or whatever you call it on the GB Pro. You're right, the outholes are still a problem and sometimes the shooter lane getting damaged also. The shooter lane damage is mostly due to how hard the ball gets ejected from the trough. Stern could save themselves a lot of trouble there if they would just turn the damn trough eject setting down some.

You are probably right about the ball being ejected to hard as at the Marco booth one of the Ghostbusters had a dented Cliffy in the shooter lane. I was surprised at that and have never seen a dented one. I should have took pictures.

#19 7 years ago
    Quoted from chadderack:

SMVE. November 2016 playfield. No issues. Dynadan can confirm as he was here last night playing it.

How about chipping here? I am just asking because at Arcade expo Aero, GB, and BM66 had it.

IMG_0381 (resized).JPGIMG_0381 (resized).JPG

#24 7 years ago
    Quoted from NimblePin:

To be fair, the two GBP's with JT's signature on them were from earlier LE PF runs in 2016.
    Sticker on the back of game was pre September 2016.
    Center GBP was from this year so, no insert issues or center drain chunks missing. The shooter lane eject went the first and second day firing at full power so, it did have a tiny bit of damage. I set it to the lowest on the final day when the owner was present with the keys.
    As for the other PF's?
    Maybe they were all made before October and thus, suffers from the same CC issue that GB did.

The games I was looking at were not in the buildings but the games at the Marco booth. I thought they were all new there but maybe not? I didn't look at the games inside.

#25 7 years ago
    Quoted from chadderack:

Looks good to me. This is the best angle I can get with the glass on. Don't really feel like pulling off the glass to check, but I may at some point.
    Bonus shot of shooter lane side.

Looks good...I would put some Mylar down on your shooter lane just to keep it clean...it's cheap and will keep that black dust from getting pounded into the clear

#42 7 years ago
    Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

Oh, the humanity! Avert your eyes! LOL
    Kidding. That is so insignificant and easily preventable with mylar. You go ahead and stay hung up on that while I enjoy my inbound Aerosmith.

My concern is that the clear is garbage in real areas of the playfield and this is an indication to me that it could be. I could really care less about the drain hole or the shooter lane, but I think at these collector prices everyone is charging that you should get a quality product. I have confidence Stern will get all this ironed out and they have made great strides in the quality of these playfields in the last few months.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballlew.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-pricing-remember-the-good-old-days?tu=pinballlew and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.