(Topic ID: 293154)

Stern pricing criticism isn’t justified based on the MSRP history.

By VMAX

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 127 posts
  • 47 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by PinFever
  • Topic is favorited by 7 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

western.gif
    EF1A67E5-473E-4C77-BFB7-43CFCD21067B (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PinFever.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#70 2 years ago

Pinball has reached Price Gouging status

Price gouging occurs when a seller increases the prices of goods, services or commodities to a level much higher than is considered reasonable or fair. Usually, this event occurs after a demand or supply shock. Common examples include price increases of basic necessities after natural disasters.

#107 2 years ago

Hahahaha 20k in inovations and content. Gtfoh they did not even include rgb lighting in the pro. Im a big smoker of trees and need what your smokin man.. Show me a couple hundred in inovations on the mando pin please.
    You are not using logic man and the game is still only 4500 to me after all thier cost cutting ways

Quoted from VMAX:This thread was a general response to the rampant criticism of Stern being solely responsible for machine pricing increases over the last decade-ish. Even though Stern did implement the common practice of establishing a MAP (minimum advertised price), in no way can Stern be solely blamed for street prices going up.
    Stern “managed” pricing to be within a range between MAP and MSRP. Distributors and dealers have been the ones detemining prices and making sales. Just because the margin from street price to MSRP has shrunk, it isn’t just because Stern is greedy and gouging the public.
    What I’m ultimately saying is that the “old school” way of doing wholesale and retail business is no different than other industries who’ve made the shift from deeply discounted street prices to a more regulated margin. And the furor now over Mandalorian demonstrates what I’m saying. Dealers are up-charging already, and it has nothing to do with Stern. Stern has held the line on MSRPs while the street prices have shifted. And everyone seems to want pinball machines to remain $4000 with $20,000 worth of innovation and content.
    If the increase in pricing were all Stern’s doing, no machines would have ever been sold above MAP pricing by dealers, and that’s not what has happened. About 1/3 of Pinside content is whining about manufacturer pricing and how horrible the new exploding market is. It gets tedious and ridiculously old.

#127 2 years ago

Stern Stopped Dealers for selling them For what they wanted back in 2016 and they were not selling them for higher prices people. JJ was giving out good deals to his loyal clients / then Stern stepped in and made them all bow down to a certain price and granting no deal making it almost worth it to buy from local dealers / Not sure how this was JJP's fault
    As far as the Hikes That is also on Stern for BM66 / The Con of the century /Lol A spike 1 game
    At least JJP games are loaded for the higher price they were charging , and hey they need a little more money as they do not have the slave labor that of which stern carries . ha..
    I need another beer and i do not drink often and here you see why

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PinFever.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-pricing-criticism-isnt-justified-based-on-the-msrp-history?tu=PinFever and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.