(Topic ID: 276728)

Stern price increase on ALL machines 1/1/2021

By Wanimal

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20210827-200026_Samsung Internet.jpg
    icarus (resized).jpg
    IMG_4486 (resized).JPG
    E71B0527-1F4F-4C58-9FA4-30BEBDEF7C71.gif
    IMG_4459 (resized).JPG
    IMG_4463 (resized).JPG
    IMG_4461 (resized).JPG
    AE61C7EF-3DB6-43B3-A3DE-8313F7416A4A (resized).jpeg
    4204E77B-4104-446D-B9C7-0282594AF74D (resized).jpeg
    snap.gif
    your-so-funny_o_1035046 (resized).jpg
    6a00d83452403c69e2017ee408b998970d (resized).jpg
    1324C443-4692-454E-80A4-10EB6162ADFF (resized).jpeg
    001163B9-83C4-48E6-8649-F51E521DC04E (resized).jpeg
    who_designed-tech_support_3_laughing_man (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinnyheadhead.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#30 3 years ago

What about $100? Folks pay $15k for POTC, $12.5 for MMRE, $10k+ for RaM, +$1000 over street for TMNT LE and will pay likely pay up to +$1000 more for TAV LE. Only $100 is a bargain! Manufacturing costs must have gone down this year with all that has been going on. No?

Also Folks demand a 2%+ a year pay raises each year but also want to pay the same price for clothes, food, healthcare, transportation, utilities and other important “needs“ such as a “Loaded” “deeply coded” pinball machine. Somethings gotta give I guess?

#113 3 years ago
    Quoted from Krupps4:

I think you are over simplifying your analysis. The past doesn’t always predict the future. At some point Stern will hit the ceiling with its NIB prices whether it’s due to inflation, increases in cost of materials or just trying to maximize profit. At that point, people will start looking elsewhere for their pinball fix. Maybe it will be classic Sterns, maybe it will be the Bally Williams pins. I think it will be interesting. Everything about this hobby is interesting. In the end, I guess every pin doesn’t increase exactly $100 across the board every year. Anyone that follows this hobby knows that’s not correct.

Well did Seawitch go up $100 from last year? Yes or no?

What you and others are saying is to buy older games yet those are up also, so what you gonna do? Folks like those BW games like they like NIB games and folks I know have a hard time stomaching paying up for those also. They can choose to pay up or pass. Plain and simple. The folks who don’t want to pay up for older games just don’t whine about it on Pinside as much. Thank goodness! Less whining!

Yes, If they can Stern will add little $100 prices increases like Seawitch owners will add $100 or more when they sell. Still paying $100 more either way. What folks like, EMs, BW’s, new sterns Etc is pure choice and if lot of folks switch from sterns to older games to escape the $100 NIB increase or low quality, choice, whatever then those Older games are going to will rise up also. So folks will escape one price increase to go to the next one. Yay.

The inflation Folks could use their inflation chart to sell their TSPP or TOM or Seawitch also. They can take the price they paid years ago plus inflation and ask that. That is an idea Floated around here also. That’s fair.

Pinball will go down when less people stop playing it. Maybe next year. Maybe folks plan is to cry and bitch so much about everything pinball is to make folks quit so they can by their games cheap or stern will lower prices due to less buyers? Sorry won’t happen. Those folks will just quit Pinside and not Pinball.

#137 3 years ago
    Quoted from Krupps4:

I just don’t think it’s that exact of a science. Maybe it went up $200. Maybe $300. Prices are all over the place on pins. That’s what makes it interesting. I find it a bit humorous that “the Pinside experts” declare that there is a straight line rule of $100 increases across the board for all pins each and every year.
    By the way, I’m not complaining about the price increases. However, the thing people like you and Crazy Levi are missing is that everyone’s compensation isn’t also increasing at the same rate. Other consumer products prices are also increasing. Everyone is competing for the same dollar. Some are essential, some are not. Of course, there are always people that will be able to afford pins no matter what, but at some point the price will be so high that it just won’t be worth it anymore regardless of whether the price is justified or not.
    There’s always a bubble with everything at some point.

I hear what you are saying but some form of pinball has been around for 100 years.

Bubbles usually happen on speculation or over leverage. Pinball really isn’t a bubble. I don’t know any one quitting their day jobs making big money on Pinball like folks were able to do day trading, Flipping houses, Bennie Babies, selling Baseball Cards, tulips etc.. $100 is a slow pump on the bubble. So likely a slow hiss will come out when the time comes rather than a pop! In the mean time I like them all, new games, $3000 T2’s, $1200 Firepower’s, and $900 Grand Prix’s etc even though they are all more than they were last year. Really something fun for everyone at any level income - that’s pinball to me. Everyone’s welcome here. Folks shouldn’t make it look like it’s not. So some folks should stop complaining about $100 here or there and have fun instead. It’s up to them though.

Flip away, make friends and have fun.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinnyheadhead.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-price-increase-on-all-machines-1-1-2021?tu=pinnyheadhead and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.