(Topic ID: 276728)

Stern price increase on ALL machines 1/1/2021

By Wanimal

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20210827-200026_Samsung Internet.jpg
    icarus (resized).jpg
    IMG_4486 (resized).JPG
    E71B0527-1F4F-4C58-9FA4-30BEBDEF7C71.gif
    IMG_4459 (resized).JPG
    IMG_4463 (resized).JPG
    IMG_4461 (resized).JPG
    AE61C7EF-3DB6-43B3-A3DE-8313F7416A4A (resized).jpeg
    4204E77B-4104-446D-B9C7-0282594AF74D (resized).jpeg
    snap.gif
    your-so-funny_o_1035046 (resized).jpg
    6a00d83452403c69e2017ee408b998970d (resized).jpg
    1324C443-4692-454E-80A4-10EB6162ADFF (resized).jpeg
    001163B9-83C4-48E6-8649-F51E521DC04E (resized).jpeg
    who_designed-tech_support_3_laughing_man (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jy64.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#86 3 years ago
    Quoted from nicoy3k:

Absolute joke stern should be ashamed of themselves

$100 is less than a %2 increase get over it

#88 3 years ago
    Quoted from EricHadley:I’m sorry but everything goes up every year, typically 2-3%. Sometimes more sometimes less. 3% of $7599 is $227.97 so $100 is a bargain.

Thank You most people are dumb-ass and think that this is a extra $100 in Sterns pocket $118 would be a %2 increace on the Pro yet people bitch about $100 LOL. I have know doubt that the $100 all goes into increased cost year over year

#90 3 years ago
    Quoted from PanzerFreak:

The people saying "Good job Stern for raising prices" are likely 3 star generals in the Stern Army lol.

LOL says the fanboy

who_designed-tech_support_3_laughing_man (resized).jpgwho_designed-tech_support_3_laughing_man (resized).jpg
    #91 3 years ago
    Quoted from NPO:

Just think: there will be a day when you pay $7200 for a pro. It's going to happen, and you know what: you're going to be conditioned for it, you're going to do it, you're going to incessantly complain about it, and then in the end, you're still going to like it when they drain you of your money for a product of identical or sub-par quality from the year 2014 or so with a $2000+ price increase.
    Jaws, Muppets, Led Zeppelin, GNR, - whatever white hair, old man completely irrelevant "dream theme" you can think of - you'll pay the price you complain about, you'll get behind that keyboard with that courage anonymity and curse Stern or JJP's name and their business practices, and then in mid-rant something like AIQ will get announced and you won't be able to open your mouth or other pucker holes wide enough to take it.
    Soon, toppers will cost as much as a JM in 2012, and you'll pay it.
    You know why?
    You can't help it.
    It's your drug.
    Pay the price, or shut your wallet and make them change.
    But you won't.
    You can't.
    You need your fix.
    Year after year. Nothing changes except the price of the product and this community's willingness to accept it.

By that point JJP CE will be $25,000 and there LE will be $15,000

#93 3 years ago
    Quoted from silver_spinner:they were $3700 shipped around family guy, potc, bdk, spiderman time....
    think about that one. not long ago.

Jack showed in 2011 you could sell 1000 games sight unseen for $6500 prices went up from there. The flippers buying LE games and selling them on Pinside for a $1000 to $2000 doller markup did not help either

#162 3 years ago
    Quoted from PanzerFreak:

At some point though do you ask yourself "What the hell I'm I paying $6k - $9k+ for" when it comes to Stern games? Does getting value for your money matter?
    What Stern has been doing with their game prices is the equivalent of Ford charging $50k for a Ford Focus because GM charges that for a Corvette...

Thats a joke I will take a $7,699 Avengers premeum over a $9,500 Wonka any day

#163 3 years ago
    Quoted from Lermods:

So if you like tmnt and di equally, you would be good paying the same price for them and feel like the value is the same?

DI could have been great but who the hell wants a game about a cell phone a waist of what could have been a good game. What makes this the best JJP game in my eyes is there are not 100 modes. When playing this game you have to start and play a mode other JJP games just play for several minnets you will look up and see several modes clear that is crap

#188 3 years ago
    Quoted from Lermods:

How many people are replacing their speakers on stern games? You never hear that happening with JJP games

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wozecle-speakers-sound-tinny-buzzing

your-so-funny_o_1035046 (resized).jpgyour-so-funny_o_1035046 (resized).jpg
    #200 3 years ago
    Quoted from Lermods:

Six years ago? Cmon, gotta do better than that. Maybe never wasn’t the right term, should have said rarely.

You are kidding right Pinheads bring up Sten shit years after it has happened

#232 3 years ago
    Quoted from TechnicalSteam:

I don't know if a price increase will hurt Stern or not. Hopefully it helps stabilize the company.
    Most people here have no idea how much money it cost to get a game like Avengers out to the
    public. Business like to earn money and that is how they survive, hire new talent and all that.
    I wonder what Stern's sale #s look like. Hopefully #s are still strong and we can continue to be
    fortunate to have so much going on in this hobby. Lets hope 2021 is business as usual though.

I have no dought Sterns been hurt with the number of arcades and barcades closed

#262 3 years ago
    Quoted from LukyDuck:

This statement is not accurate.
    Some goods cost more. Some prices stay the same. And some actually get cheaper. Here are three examples.
    Your pinball machine has gone up in price over the last 30 years.
    A cost of a gallon of gas has basically stayed the same from 1929 until 2015, in constant dollar terms. https://www.energy.gov/eere/vehicles/fact-915-march-7-2016-average-historical-annual-gasoline-pump-price-1929-2015
    And the cost of many electronics has fallen dramatically. See the Radio Shack ad from 1991 and just compare it to the cost of your smart phone.[quoted image]

Much of the price drops have to do in unit sales. The last time I bought a dishwasher the small dishwashers for apartments were twice the price of the full size dishwashers this is because of the small numbers they sell. Pinball will never see the unit sale numbers needed to push prices down

#273 3 years ago
    Quoted from Hazoff:

More JJP fanboy crap about quality.

LOL The funny part it this have been on the top ten of JJP subjects for the last year https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjpirates-of-the-caribbean-troubleshooting-tips-issues

#274 3 years ago
    Quoted from PtownPin:

As frustrating as it might be some .... if I was on Sterns board I would tell them to raise the prices even more.....LE's sell out in hours at current pricing (which is crazy)...seems to me Stern is leaving money on the table....people should be thankful their not higher.

Why leave money on the table for flippers

#295 3 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

Well...it WAS.
    I'm still so bummed because I had a deposit down on one. Just couldn't pull the trigger on a reskin.

It was not the reskin it was the price that killed it for me

#324 3 years ago
    Quoted from Galvez1978:

Thanks!!! In Spain there are only one Distributor, and in rare occasion make a discount, i just buy a Jurassic Park Premium and the prices are very high in comparison with USA, the price of the Premium is 9075€ around 10700USD

You could always shop around with US distriputors to see what the cost is with shipping they still need dollers so that would still need to go into the equation

#327 3 years ago
    Quoted from fosaisu:

Almost certainly the case. You'd probably have to get a friend in the US to buy for you and arrange for shipping to Spain. And then you've got the import process (and taxes) to deal with. Might still be worth it financially but a lot of logistics to work out.

He did say $10,700 US dollars

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jy64.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-price-increase-on-all-machines-1-1-2021?tu=jy64 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.