(Topic ID: 276728)

Stern price increase on ALL machines 1/1/2021

By Wanimal

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20210827-200026_Samsung Internet.jpg
    icarus (resized).jpg
    IMG_4486 (resized).JPG
    E71B0527-1F4F-4C58-9FA4-30BEBDEF7C71.gif
    IMG_4459 (resized).JPG
    IMG_4463 (resized).JPG
    IMG_4461 (resized).JPG
    AE61C7EF-3DB6-43B3-A3DE-8313F7416A4A (resized).jpeg
    4204E77B-4104-446D-B9C7-0282594AF74D (resized).jpeg
    snap.gif
    your-so-funny_o_1035046 (resized).jpg
    6a00d83452403c69e2017ee408b998970d (resized).jpg
    1324C443-4692-454E-80A4-10EB6162ADFF (resized).jpeg
    001163B9-83C4-48E6-8649-F51E521DC04E (resized).jpeg
    who_designed-tech_support_3_laughing_man (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider iceman44.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#38 3 years ago

Wages up, prices up. Good for income equality! We need to pay more support them

Despite PPP they got when taxes go back up for them in 2021 you can add another few hundred

#124 3 years ago

The “BOM” isn’t what some people think it is.

Those people have a problem doing math. That’s why multipliers don’t make sense to them. Lol

It’s a LOT higher and includes MUCH more fixed overhead than it takes to make a pin just in variable costs alone

COGS is what some refer to as the BOM

Net profit margin is after ALL the other costs associated with running a company. Property, plant, equipment, insurance etc etc

You see how hard it is to make one pinball machine. Look at the millions Deeproot has squandered

You get to make a return on capital invested for the risk you take. Sorry, that’s how it goes. And, we don’t get to set pricing, they do. As long as demand is there it is what it is.

Stern has “cracked the code” has the demand, talent and assets to deliver great games that people want.

They win. For now

#191 3 years ago

The difference with JJP pins is that the "get more for your $$$" does not translate into wanting to buy one.

You don't "get more" when it comes to code and fun factor. Those are two very BIG tangible aspects of actually playing pinball. That is why Stern is crushing it right now.

I paid $6500 for my WOZECLE, I just paid $9,000 for an Avengers LE. My Woz has a direct print Cab and toys galore. I'll play it once a month now because of the witch, crystal ball and Monkey mods by Steve G.

I was a JJP kool aid drinker from day one. Long before most of you guys were around here. It stopped at the Hobbit art redo that one particular expo that TBL came out.

And btw, the pf's dimple and chip as bad or worse and the toys, mechs, etc need adjusting/fixing as much. I know a route operator that swears by the durability of Stern pins over JJP, to the tune of 10's of thousands of more plays.

Operators also can't get a return on investment with a JJP pin versus a Stern pro.

Bottom line, add the THEME, CODE and FUN FACTOR into the mix and I'd happily buy another JJP game. So there is some marketing research for you Jack from a guy that will buy pinball machines and bought an early Woz.

#192 3 years ago

Here's another difference, JJP creates absolutely ZERO FOMO.

The $12,500 CE is a non starter and people know they will re run the LE's and standards forever.

And there is virtually zero difference other than the artwork for all editions.

Take a page out of the Stern and Spooky playbook and learn FOMO.

#207 3 years ago
    Quoted from jfh:

Why? FOMO is horrible for buyers. I absolutely *hate* Stern using LE buyers as guinea pigs.
    LEs should be produced last and have the benefit of lessons learned during production. Instead Stern pulls crap like increasing the LE count for Munsters before everyone excited about the theme finds out its going to be neutered with “throwback” code as a clear cash grab and having Elvira LE owners drill their playfields to properly mount a key mechanism in the game.

We are talking about selling games here from the manufacturers side.

Why is Stern so successful and JJP not?

The reasons are well documented.

2nd, since I have an Elvira LE I have no idea what you are talking about drilling holes.

3rd, like I said, JJP can either take a page out of the Stern playbook IF they can even execute OR continue to suck hind tit

4th, I absolutely love Stern using me as an LE Guinea pig buyer. Zero problem with it

1000% make the LEs first. Smart business move. Lock in the biggest margins and the guys paying the most play first.

Finally, I agree about the Munsters LE raise, total BS move and don’t think you will see that again. Avengers LE would have been an easy raise to 750 but then they lose my sale and I’m sure many others

#212 3 years ago
    Quoted from jfh:

I’m not disagreeing it’s not good for Stern; It just sucks from the customer side.

The VUK assembly (Ray gun) on all LEs and the early Premiums is mounted incorrectly. To properly correct the error and allow the VUK to fire properly requires physically rotating the assembly and securing it in a new location which requires a new mounting location for the base which requires a new screw hole which, for me, requires drilling a hole in the playfield.

Now I recall someone mentioning that.

On my LE the Vuk fires the way it’s supposed to unless I’m missing something

I’ve had some minor issues but solid overall

Quoted from Jvspin:

I disagree. In my opinion, the materials put into a game are tangible, "fun factor" is subjective.
    Unfortunately, at today's prices I'm not going to open my wallet unless I'm okay with every aspect of the game (mechs, components, build quality, art, code, sound, fun factor and theme).

I get it. Everyone’s priorities are different.

I’m just not going to miss out on a fun theme and great game because of a few things that don’t matter to me

Life is too short.

#224 3 years ago
    Quoted from Chambahz:

you too will get old--

Politicians were never noble.

It's the getting old part that really has me rethinking a lot about what i worry about and what matters.

I think i'm going through a mid life crisis! I just want to play these games and then i'll move em on down the road later and not worry about taking a financial hit. Getting the "play value" is worth a LOT to me.

3 months later
    #336 3 years ago
    Quoted from dasvis:

I foresee some sick individual offering a penis mod for the Icarus on the new Zep pin

Like a dude without one. Lol

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider iceman44.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-price-increase-on-all-machines-1-1-2021?tu=iceman44 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.