(Topic ID: 276728)

Stern price increase on ALL machines 1/1/2021

By Wanimal

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20210827-200026_Samsung Internet.jpg
    icarus (resized).jpg
    IMG_4486 (resized).JPG
    E71B0527-1F4F-4C58-9FA4-30BEBDEF7C71.gif
    IMG_4459 (resized).JPG
    IMG_4463 (resized).JPG
    IMG_4461 (resized).JPG
    AE61C7EF-3DB6-43B3-A3DE-8313F7416A4A (resized).jpeg
    4204E77B-4104-446D-B9C7-0282594AF74D (resized).jpeg
    snap.gif
    your-so-funny_o_1035046 (resized).jpg
    6a00d83452403c69e2017ee408b998970d (resized).jpg
    1324C443-4692-454E-80A4-10EB6162ADFF (resized).jpeg
    001163B9-83C4-48E6-8649-F51E521DC04E (resized).jpeg
    who_designed-tech_support_3_laughing_man (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hayfarmer.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#24 3 years ago

When mimimum wage is $15 an hour, a skilled worker is worth way more. Cost of goods always go up when wages go up. I don't like paying more either, but quit crying about it. Does no good. I can guarantee prices will not be going down any time soon.

#28 3 years ago

Classy guy ain't ya? Just making a point that prices go up every year on everything. Why you makin it sexual?

#29 3 years ago
    Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Classy guy ain't ya? Just making a point that prices go up every year on everything. Why you makin it sexual?

aimed at wanimal

#39 3 years ago
    Quoted from Wanimal:

You weren't "just making a point". If that were the case you wouldn't have said I was crying?

Ok you win.

#136 3 years ago

#159 3 years ago
    Quoted from Hazoff:

Yes. I do not base the value of a pin on its build quality, obviously with in reason. I've played DI quite a bit and much prefer BKSOR, I wouldn't buy DI because it has more BOM value, means nothing to me. I play 4 fun nothing more. It seems lots of u guys look at it as an investment.

The value is in how much I enjoy something, I'm not buying a house. Also I don't share the JJP is "leaps and bounds" better than a Stern when it comes to quality or any other manufacturer. I have bought a lot of Sterns and really not too many issue's not to mention JJP has had their fair share of problems. I purchase pinball machines based on Theme and Fun Factor. The amount of toys and colorful lights and weight doesn't equal "fun" for me.

Agree completely. Have owned 5 nib sterns and 3 used, no issues except 1 node board for shaker, was replaced in 10 days. No pooling, chipping. I buy what I like and don't criticize what I don't buy. All pins are fun, to me some way more than others. R&M to me wasn't appealing, I played it and it was OK, but not interested. I do not think it was head and shoulders above stern in quality. It did have a nice set of speakers tho

#199 3 years ago

These are the same people complaining about the price of the new elvira topper. They most likely weren't going to buy one anyways, but the new normal is to complain about everything. I've run my farm for 39 years, i know all about rising costs, machinery, repairs, labor, then struggle while those prices keep going up, but our product price goes down, same thing has happened in the pinball industry. I hope all manufacturers make a good go of it while they can.

#202 3 years ago
    Quoted from jfh:

Why? FOMO is horrible for buyers. I absolutely *hate* Stern using LE buyers as guinea pigs.
    LEs should be produced last and have the benefit of lessons learned during production. Instead Stern pulls crap like increasing the LE count for Munsters before everyone excited about the theme finds out its going to be neutered with “throwback” code as a clear cash grab and having Elvira LE owners drill their playfields to properly mount a key mechanism in the game.

Ya, but you gotta admit, ehoh is a phenomenal game, wish I could find an le

#223 3 years ago
    Quoted from Chambahz:

“Accept certain inalienable truths: prices will rise, politicians will philander, you too will get old-- and when you do, you’ll fantasize that when you were young prices were reasonable, politicians were noble and children respected their elders“
    -Bahz Luhrmann

Great!!!

#227 3 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

Politicians were never noble.
    It's the getting old part that really has me rethinking a lot about what i worry about and what matters.
    I think i'm going through a mid life crisis! I just want to play these games and then i'll move em on down the road later and not worry about taking a financial hit. Getting the "play value" is worth a LOT to me.

Not really a financial hit, you're putting virtual dollars in every time you play. Saw on here a munsters for $4 per play in Florida, but at an avg of a buck a play, and no travel or people to deal with, it makes these cheap entertainment. Compared to a vacation, car, etc,,,

#228 3 years ago
    Quoted from cottonm4:

Wait until you get there. You will be surprised how your thinking will change as you can no longer ignore and deny your own mortality. Each day you will wake up and wonder if this day will be your last. You go on with life but there is always that nagging thought; Especially when you scope out the obits and see that at least half the people on those pages were way younger than you are.
    Eventually you will get to the point that all of the stuff you lusted after is now just junk on the shelf that has to be dusted off. You will get to the point that no value, no amount of money, will surpass the value of a good conversation with friends and strangers.

cotton, your collection doesn't seem like you are old, im guessing 60s? Like me? We are just getting started!!!

#236 3 years ago
    Quoted from Wanimal:

I'm there right now. 30 years old with end stage cancer. Crazy how fast your outlook on life changes when faced with impending mortality. All I care about is spending time with my daughter and wife. I use pinball and politics as a distraction when I need to. I care about less than I ever have and am happier than I've ever been. Crazy how that works.

Hey, hope you doing ok, been thru that stuff too.

#238 3 years ago

I've found a good positive attitude really helps. SO STAY OFF PINSIDE!! But if you can deal with peoples attitude here sometimes, its a good distraction

#278 3 years ago
    Quoted from DakotaMike:

Help me understand something here: why do people care what the backbox is made of? I've seen a number of people in this thread complaining about the metal backboxes and wishing that they were made entirely of wood. Why?
    Having the backbox made at least partially of sheet metal makes it lighter. And with as much as these things weigh, I'm all for making them as light as possible. I tend to change my lineup often, and so I put a lot of value in my pins being lighter and easier to move.

Because people just have to cry about something. Metal won't delam, or warp so I like metal

11 months later
    #346 2 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Don’t you mean all pinball price hikes?
    Is there a single manufacturer who doesn’t raise prices regularly?

Is there a single product anywhere that has gone down in price this year? Food, metal, wood, labor, fuel etc,,,,,

#349 2 years ago
    Quoted from RyanStl:

Hell no there hasn't been, and for several items it's been near exponential. The only exception has been home loans, but those might be going up. I know when I moved in March I missed the low by about two weeks and rates were rising.

That's my point. I don't like the fact that games have kept rising in price, but everything has due to covid and politics.

#354 2 years ago
    Quoted from seenev:

Fourth of July BBQ cookout was allegedly 16 cents cheaper this year, though the source of this information is questionable.
    [quoted image]

Extremely questionable

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hayfarmer.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-price-increase-on-all-machines-1-1-2021?tu=hayfarmer and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.