(Topic ID: 276728)

Stern price increase on ALL machines 1/1/2021

By Wanimal

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20210827-200026_Samsung Internet.jpg
    icarus (resized).jpg
    IMG_4486 (resized).JPG
    E71B0527-1F4F-4C58-9FA4-30BEBDEF7C71.gif
    IMG_4459 (resized).JPG
    IMG_4463 (resized).JPG
    IMG_4461 (resized).JPG
    AE61C7EF-3DB6-43B3-A3DE-8313F7416A4A (resized).jpeg
    4204E77B-4104-446D-B9C7-0282594AF74D (resized).jpeg
    snap.gif
    your-so-funny_o_1035046 (resized).jpg
    6a00d83452403c69e2017ee408b998970d (resized).jpg
    1324C443-4692-454E-80A4-10EB6162ADFF (resized).jpeg
    001163B9-83C4-48E6-8649-F51E521DC04E (resized).jpeg
    who_designed-tech_support_3_laughing_man (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider fosaisu.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#64 3 years ago
    Quoted from Wanimal:

I could be referring to that table that was made until last year with several runs, yes.

So you got a late production NIB Star Trek last year? Are you having playfield issues?

#251 3 years ago
    Quoted from Extraballz:

Lord of the Rings was 2003. You two were saying....[quoted image]

An all-time great game. But I’m not sure I’d point to it as a high point of Stern component quality. Many playfields have slightly offset colors like an 80s comic book. Cabinet art has a blurry look from sparse dots used for photo-style art. Plastics have the same low-quality printer look. If Stern pulled any of that shit today Pinside would be up in arms.

1 week later
    #323 3 years ago
    Quoted from Galvez1978:

Thanks!!! In Spain there are only one Distributor, and in rare occasion make a discount, i just buy a Jurassic Park Premium and the prices are very high in comparison with USA, the price of the Premium is 9075€ around 10700USD

I think prices for NIB Sterns are always higher in Europe and Australia than in the US. Nature of the beast.

I wonder if you could shop around at other EU distributors to find better NIB pricing? Of course shipping could kill the deal, and then you’d have to go through a remote distributor for service if needed.

#326 3 years ago
    Quoted from paul_8788:

It is doubtful US distributors are allowed to sell into Spain. Not only voltage differences but sales agreements.

Almost certainly the case. You'd probably have to get a friend in the US to buy for you and arrange for shipping to Spain. And then you've got the import process (and taxes) to deal with. Might still be worth it financially but a lot of logistics to work out.

#328 3 years ago
    Quoted from JY64:

He did say $10,700 US dollars

Right. So if a Premium Stateside would be $7,400 + tax (just a guess, haven't looked at it in a while), you'd have to figure out if the $3,300 difference would cover shipping to Europe, US sales tax (if any), import taxes/duties (I'm assuming these would suck), and whatever you have to pay your stateside buddy to buy and ship it for you, and leave enough leftover to make it all worthwhile given the likely delay and risk of game damage and other inevitable headaches in shipping something this large and valuable.

$3,300 is a significant difference, so it could still make sense, but it's not exactly free money.

#332 3 years ago
    Quoted from aeneas:

Won't work - spike games check for 50/60hz. After converting the game to 220v, the american imported game will give an error on the display here in Europe.

Wow, so Spike games aren't convertible between voltages?

3 months later
    #337 3 years ago
    Quoted from dasvis:

I foresee some sick individual offering a penis mod for the Icarus on the new Zep pin

Stern's saving that for the Vault Ed. Outlined in gold like LOTR LE.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider fosaisu.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-price-increase-on-all-machines-1-1-2021?tu=fosaisu and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.