(Topic ID: 276728)

Stern price increase on ALL machines 1/1/2021

By Wanimal

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20210827-200026_Samsung Internet.jpg
    icarus (resized).jpg
    IMG_4486 (resized).JPG
    E71B0527-1F4F-4C58-9FA4-30BEBDEF7C71.gif
    IMG_4459 (resized).JPG
    IMG_4463 (resized).JPG
    IMG_4461 (resized).JPG
    AE61C7EF-3DB6-43B3-A3DE-8313F7416A4A (resized).jpeg
    4204E77B-4104-446D-B9C7-0282594AF74D (resized).jpeg
    snap.gif
    your-so-funny_o_1035046 (resized).jpg
    6a00d83452403c69e2017ee408b998970d (resized).jpg
    1324C443-4692-454E-80A4-10EB6162ADFF (resized).jpeg
    001163B9-83C4-48E6-8649-F51E521DC04E (resized).jpeg
    who_designed-tech_support_3_laughing_man (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Jvspin.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#58 3 years ago

I think Stern is smart to raise prices when they think they're about to release a winner like Keith's Avengers.
    There seems to be enough people who are willing pay up for what looks to be a great game (even with potential quality issues) and a precedent has been set for the new price point.

#210 3 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

You don't "get more" when it comes to code and fun factor. Those are two very BIG tangible aspects of actually playing pinball.

I disagree. In my opinion, the materials put into a game are tangible, "fun factor" is subjective.

Unfortunately, at today's prices I'm not going to open my wallet unless I'm okay with every aspect of the game (mechs, components, build quality, art, code, sound, fun factor and theme).

#213 3 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

I’m just not going to miss out on a fun theme and great game because of a few things that don’t matter to me

Life is too short.

Sounds like you have your priorities straight.

I also try to only worry about the things that mattter to me.

#230 3 years ago
    Quoted from Hazoff:

Well then u lose out. I get it but good luck finding a machine where ur "ok; with every aspect.

I'm okay with that. I already have games that tick all my boxes so the bar is set pretty high if I'm going to pay up.

#254 3 years ago
    Quoted from LukyDuck:

This statement is not accurate.

Some goods cost more. Some prices stay the same. And some actually get cheaper. Here are three examples.

A can of tennis balls is the same price today as it was back in 1980.

#310 3 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

People were begging Stern for YEARS to "update" old layouts. They finally did it and there was a meltdown here. SHOCKER!

If I remember correctly, people were begging Stern to update old layouts at less than the pro price point.
    When Beatles was released the "meltdown" wasn't over the reskin as much as the price and the artistic choices.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Jvspin.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-price-increase-on-all-machines-1-1-2021?tu=Jvspin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.