(Topic ID: 276728)

Stern price increase on ALL machines 1/1/2021

By Wanimal

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20210827-200026_Samsung Internet.jpg
    icarus (resized).jpg
    IMG_4486 (resized).JPG
    E71B0527-1F4F-4C58-9FA4-30BEBDEF7C71.gif
    IMG_4459 (resized).JPG
    IMG_4463 (resized).JPG
    IMG_4461 (resized).JPG
    AE61C7EF-3DB6-43B3-A3DE-8313F7416A4A (resized).jpeg
    4204E77B-4104-446D-B9C7-0282594AF74D (resized).jpeg
    snap.gif
    your-so-funny_o_1035046 (resized).jpg
    6a00d83452403c69e2017ee408b998970d (resized).jpg
    1324C443-4692-454E-80A4-10EB6162ADFF (resized).jpeg
    001163B9-83C4-48E6-8649-F51E521DC04E (resized).jpeg
    who_designed-tech_support_3_laughing_man (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Chambahz.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#40 3 years ago

Honestly? $100 is a joke when you live in Canada and pay 13% taxes on TOP of the exchange rate.
    Fortunately, the f/x isn’t too bad right now so on Avengers LE, it’s 13% x 1.31 x pin price.
    I’ve previously purchased when the CDN was much weaker resulting in an increase of a 10% higher price!
    TEN PERCENT!
    So $100? I’m far more concerned that Stern has Keith Elwin, Zombie Yeti, Lyman Sheats, Steve Ritchie, John Borg, George Gomez, Dwight Sullivan and the rest of the pinball A-team hard at work, making games that are worth the price tag.
    Not to mention the Deadflip videos that are produced, explaining the rules and showing off all the toys.
    But of course, to each their own. If you don’t think the games are worth it, that’s an opinion that you’re entitled to.

#71 3 years ago

I will say this, in support of OPs post:
    ENOUGH WITH THE 1-TARGET TARGET BANK!!! I WANT FULL BANK DROP TARGETS!!!

Anytime I've seen a title with a 1-bank, I immediately think "PASS!!!!".

Really pleased to see that Elwin decided to avoid that nonsense on Avengers, and installed a full, 3-target bank.

(I'd much rather pay an extra $50-100 bucks and keep the drop targets if that's why prices get raised.)

#160 3 years ago
    Quoted from Hazoff:

Yes. I do not base the value of a pin on its build quality, obviously with in reason. I've played DI quite a bit and much prefer BKSOR, I wouldn't buy DI because it has more BOM value, means nothing to me. I play 4 fun nothing more. It seems lots of u guys look at it as an investment.

The value is in how much I enjoy something, I'm not buying a house. Also I don't share the JJP is "leaps and bounds" better than a Stern when it comes to quality or any other manufacturer. I have bought a lot of Sterns and really not too many issue's not to mention JJP has had their fair share of problems. I purchase pinball machines based on Theme and Fun Factor. The amount of toys and colorful lights and weight doesn't equal "fun" for me.

100% in agreement! My buddy owned a game from a different manufacturer (no need to point fingers, right?) and during one particularly long playing game, intentionally avoided the extra ball shot because he just didn’t want to play any longer. Game was boring and was sold not long thereafter. Built like a tank though!

A game is fine if it’s reliable and plays without issues, in my opinion. It must be free of defects, and play as the designer intended. I don’t give extra points for a game just because you need an extra person to move it.

#222 3 years ago

“Accept certain inalienable truths: prices will rise, politicians will philander, you too will get old-- and when you do, you’ll fantasize that when you were young prices were reasonable, politicians were noble and children respected their elders“

-Bahz Luhrmann

#231 3 years ago
    Quoted from cottonm4:

Wait until you get there. You will be surprised how your thinking will change as you can no longer ignore and deny your own mortality. Each day you will wake up and wonder if this day will be your last. You go on with life but there is always that nagging thought; Especially when you scope out the obits and see that at least half the people on those pages were way younger than you are.
    Eventually you will get to the point that all of the stuff you lusted after is now just junk on the shelf that has to be dusted off. You will get to the point that no value, no amount of money, will surpass the value of a good conversation with friends and strangers.

Your post kinda bummed me out. Til I saw your collection of amazing classic Stern pins. I guess there’s pros and cons, depending on the day, huh? There are some benefits to having experience over youth.
    Also, it’s not how old you are but how old you feel/act!
    Happy flipping.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Chambahz.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-price-increase-on-all-machines-1-1-2021?tu=Chambahz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.