(Topic ID: 159351)

Stern Premium- which is your favorite and why?

By denmark71

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 20 posts
  • 18 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by whisper
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Vote for what you think is the best Stern Premium”

• The Walking Dead Premium 21 votes
    32%
  • Metallica Premium 25 votes
    38%
  • Spiderman VE (Premium) 4 votes
    6%
  • Ghostbusters Premium 15 votes
    23%

(65 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

#1 7 years ago

Im in the market for another Stern Premium game but would like to have some input on what the community thinks is the best latest Stern Premium (ones that can still be purchased NIB). Im considering the following: TWD Premium, Metallica Premium, Spiderman VE, and Ghostbusters Premium. I know GB is too new to really compare to the others, but id still like to see how it does in a poll. Help me narrow down my choice (I only want to buy 1. Secondary- which of these games has the best lightshow?

Thanks for the help

#2 7 years ago

My favorite premium is the original ACDC premium (non-Luci). Great looking game, nice powder coat etc.

On your list my favorite is GB. (Haven't played it). I prefer original SM.

#3 7 years ago

For GB we don't know how the code is going to turn out, but it certainly is good so far. I voted for GB as I think that machine has such great appeal from all aspects so far. Metallica would be my second choice as it is so much fun to play, and looks great too. Walking dead is a challenging game. That make is fun. SM is also a great player. Don't think you can go wrong with any choice here if the goal is to play it.

#4 7 years ago

I played tons of Stern pins yesterday. By far Spiderman was the best even over GB. But, I did not play TWD yesterday but have played it before. I like that over SM by a hair. TWD is the winner hear.

#5 7 years ago

Kind of light on Stern Premium choices?

#6 7 years ago

I have TWD, Metallica, GB coming, and owned SM for a couple of years. I do think GB easily has the potential to be the best of them all.

I would rank them:

TWD
MET
SM

TWD has a very unique layout with lots to shoot for, incredible ruleset, great lightshow, and it very challenging.

#7 7 years ago

do met premium and TWD premium both have color changing GI's?

#8 7 years ago

AcDc premium and ST premium

#9 7 years ago

Acdc and metallica for sure. GB is too early to tell, but looks great so far.

#10 7 years ago

Acdc premium or luci which i perfer and twd premium are both awesome pins that offer a lot over the pro version of the same.

#11 7 years ago

A tie between ACDC and METALLICA ive got the GB L.E on its way so it will be interesting how it compares because I like what ive seen so far..

#12 7 years ago
Quoted from denmark71:

do met premium and TWD premium both have color changing GI's?

Yes - Met has Red, White and Blue, TWD has Red and White (no blue)

Out of the games listed Met has the best light show, and TWD the second best. GB and SM do not have color changing GI's.

#13 7 years ago

Met all the way!

#14 7 years ago

AC/DC

#15 7 years ago

I have a met pro with the total lightshow and its awesome which y i didn't mention met bc i love the pro with that ad on more than the premium .

#16 7 years ago

I would say AC/DC premium original also. Love MET, high up there with AC/DC but MET pro is my choice while on AC/DC I could not go pro.

Just my opinion

#17 7 years ago

Met Monster is really awesome. Doubt you'd be disappointed!

#18 7 years ago

ACDC, Metallica, and Walking Dead.
Can't go wrong with any one of these.
They're all desert-island pins in my opinion.
Now if I could only find a deserted island with electricity and one of these pins...

#19 7 years ago

ACDC is, and likely always will be, the best Premium over Pro Stern.
Why: The cannon works like crap shooting at stationary targs - you need drop targets so the ball dies when you hit the mark, not a ricochet side drain reward for hitting what you are supposed to(major flaw in the PRO). The pendulum ball beats a stationary targ. The cross ramp. The lower playfield is no biggie...but makes the overall game deeper. The décor. The game plays far better overall.

Tron would be a close/ strong 2nd.
Why: Obvious.

From the above--GB Premium could be incredible, but haven't played yet.

#20 7 years ago

I like the mustang premium the best, out of the other machines listed I like the pro versions an haven't played ghostbusters premium yet but totally loved the pro. So mustang gets my vote because I love the hazard drops an think the machine is next level from the pro in this title, but saying that there's nothing wrong with the pro.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 68.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

14,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

11,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lubbock, TX
17,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Carmel Hamlet, NY
$ 599.95
Cabinet - Toppers
Hi-Rez Pinball Mods

$ 14.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 29.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 16.00
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-premium-which-is-your-favorite-and-why and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.