2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by jgreene
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

51rg6qWHKNL._AC_UL320_ (resized).jpg
    holes (resized).jpg
    #1 2 years ago

I'm thinking of moving the power switch on my Spike 2 game from the head, to the traditional location near the right front leg.

I'd do it so it could be fully reversible in the future. Has anyone done this? Any down side?

BTW: what are these holes for on the bottom of the cabinet near the right front leg?

holes (resized).jpgholes (resized).jpg
    #2 2 years ago
    Quoted from nsduprr:

BTW: what are these holes for on the bottom of the cabinet near the right front leg?

Shaker

Never tried it as I'm taller that 4'2. Zilla is in...Nice!

#3 2 years ago

Those are the pilot holes for the shaker motor. Instead of altering the cabinet, why don’t you just use a surge protector to switch it on and off? You can leave the surge protector under the machine towards the front and then you don’t have to alter your cabinet

#4 2 years ago

Hasn’t someone already done this? I think there’s a mod out there with everything needed to move the switch.

#5 2 years ago
    Quoted from NovaCade:

Those are the pilot holes for the shaker motor. Instead of altering the cabinet, why don’t you just use a surge protector to switch it on and off? You can leave the surge protector under the machine towards the front and then you don’t have to alter your cabinet

Duh...shaker motor...I should have known that.

One of these would work even better. Velcroed to the cabinet bottom.

51rg6qWHKNL._AC_UL320_ (resized).jpg51rg6qWHKNL._AC_UL320_ (resized).jpg
    #6 2 years ago

First world problem, I’d leave as is. Never felt the head location was an issue. I have found myself unconsciously reaching under the head of an older game after flipping in my Deadpool a couple times.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-power-switch-relocation and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.