Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by McFlyBravo
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 5 years ago

Does anyone know which powder manufaturer Stern uses for its siderails and lockbar? I would like to repaint some, I have the possibilty to powder coat. Best would be to take the same powder, so I don't have to repowder everything. Thanks a lot

#2 5 years ago

They use a few different powder paint job shops for their work. I'll ask next time I'm at one of them. Should be late this week. Any particular color or just the black texture?

#3 5 years ago

Thanks a lot, just the regular black color.

#4 5 years ago

They use an Akzonobel black wrinkle powder coat for the pro model lockdown bars and side rails.

#5 5 years ago

Thanks for the info. Akzonobel has a wide variety of powders. Do you know the exact number? I don't know if I even get this powder in germany. With a number I can call akzonobel and ask for a retailer. Overall a minipack would be enough for me.

#6 5 years ago

They didn't give me a number but said it was just the standard black wrinkle. I'll see if I can get more info next time I'm there.

#7 5 years ago
    Quoted from adaman25:

They use an Akzonobel black wrinkle powder coat for the pro model lockdown bars and side rails.

Interesting thanks. Probably one of my favorite powder coats as it seems very durable.

#8 5 years ago

I thought it was black Ridge

1 week later
    #9 5 years ago

I do have a contact to Akzonobel now. The powder should be an Interpon. Now having the product number of the powder would be awesome. There are just to many blacks around.

#10 5 years ago

I won't be stopping in there this week but probably next week. I'll try and get a number for ya.

2 weeks later
    #11 4 years ago

Any news on that number?

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-powder-manufacturer and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.