Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screen Shot 2021-04-17 at 1.39.03 PM (resized).png
Screen Shot 2021-04-17 at 1.39.24 PM (resized).png
IMG_3968 (resized).jpg
image0 (resized).jpeg
image1 (1) (resized).jpeg
#1 3 years ago

Hi folks... I did a bunch of DIY mods to Stern POTC to share. All of them can be seen in the linked movie clip.

Enjoy.

MOD VIDEO(5min, 300MB)
MOD Code(28M)

1)Movie Characters -- On Ebay you can buy used Disney Infinity Characters. Barbosa, DJ, and Jack.... you simply cut off the clear plastic disk on the bottom of the character with a dremel cutter and drill hole to mount with an existing playfield screw. Super easy and cheap, about $20. I then got some spotlights on them. You can see this in pics attached.

2) Red LED Strips under Treasure Chest. This wasnt too hard.. basically bought two red 10 led strips from www.cometpinball.com... . soldered them together and extended the wire and clips a couple feet. I stuck them on the underside of the chest down bothsides side, inverted. Fit perfect. Then clipped wires to GI circuit.

2) This one was hard. Purchased a resin cast POTC picture holder on ebay of the Kraken. I cut away more than 50% of it to fit behind the Kraken plastic. The whole base, pirate skull and some of the tentacles... put a bunch of hi power green leds on it and clipped the wires to the existing Kraken light. This took alot of trial and error.. but the finished result was cool. Got LEDs from COMET Pinball... good team there. You can see this in pics attached, and video.image1 (1) (resized).jpegimage1 (1) (resized).jpeg

3) Code update: I bought all the original soundtracks to the movies/ride and updated the code. This is probably my one complaint that Stern didnt license the music to the movies. You will see from the video that it makes the game better... and adding the ride music in the outro is cool too. I went through the soundtracks and tried to find similar music clips in tempo and feel... seems like the pin designers created their music from the soundtracks... it wasnt hard to find good matches... specifically the main game music is the main movie theme.. and I took music from the Kraken fight, Tortuga, and DaveJones scenes to match to those items in the game. Sword fighting too. I used the Pinball Browser software to edit the code. Super easy to do... only hard part was editing the audio files to tempo that i did outside with a different app, www.audacityteam.org. I could probably polish it a bit more with voices and other items... but its pretty good so far.

-BG

IMG_3968 (resized).jpgIMG_3968 (resized).jpgimage0 (resized).jpegimage0 (resized).jpeg

Screen Shot 2021-04-17 at 1.39.24 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2021-04-17 at 1.39.24 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2021-04-17 at 1.39.03 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2021-04-17 at 1.39.03 PM (resized).png
#2 3 years ago

Looks awesome. The music is much better. Is your code downloadable?

#3 3 years ago

Yup.. its linked above on OneDrive... you may need a Microsoft account to grab it... but its out there for everyone....

#4 3 years ago

Thanks I will try it out. Great work

#5 3 years ago

Super cool! Great work

9 months later
#6 2 years ago

Can you PM/DM me your paypal or venmo handle? Thanks and great job!

2 months later
#7 2 years ago

Hi, anyone able to help me out with the code? Just got mine the other day and changing up the music was the first thing I thought about it needing! Thank you!

#8 2 years ago

There are 5 of 6 different version of the mod code. Do some search and you’ll see the different styles of mod. I went with the code list in #1 above. You just click on it and you will have the file ready to install…

(And you can try several out if you like, just reflash as desired!)

#9 2 years ago
Quoted from B25846:

Hi folks... I did a bunch of DIY mods to Stern POTC to share. All of them can be seen in the linked movie clip.
Enjoy.
MOD VIDEO(5min, 300MB)
MOD Code(28M)
1)Movie Characters -- On Ebay you can buy used Disney Infinity Characters. Barbosa, DJ, and Jack.... you simply cut off the clear plastic disk on the bottom of the character with a dremel cutter and drill hole to mount with an existing playfield screw. Super easy and cheap, about $20. I then got some spotlights on them. You can see this in pics attached.
2) Red LED Strips under Treasure Chest. This wasnt too hard.. basically bought two red 10 led strips from www.cometpinball.com... . soldered them together and extended the wire and clips a couple feet. I stuck them on the underside of the chest down bothsides side, inverted. Fit perfect. Then clipped wires to GI circuit.
2) This one was hard. Purchased a resin cast POTC picture holder on ebay of the Kraken. I cut away more than 50% of it to fit behind the Kraken plastic. The whole base, pirate skull and some of the tentacles... put a bunch of hi power green leds on it and clipped the wires to the existing Kraken light. This took alot of trial and error.. but the finished result was cool. Got LEDs from COMET Pinball... good team there. You can see this in pics attached, and video.[quoted image]
3) Code update: I bought all the original soundtracks to the movies/ride and updated the code. This is probably my one complaint that Stern didnt license the music to the movies. You will see from the video that it makes the game better... and adding the ride music in the outro is cool too. I went through the soundtracks and tried to find similar music clips in tempo and feel... seems like the pin designers created their music from the soundtracks... it wasnt hard to find good matches... specifically the main game music is the main movie theme.. and I took music from the Kraken fight, Tortuga, and DaveJones scenes to match to those items in the game. Sword fighting too. I used the Pinball Browser software to edit the code. Super easy to do... only hard part was editing the audio files to tempo that i did outside with a different app, www.audacityteam.org. I could probably polish it a bit more with voices and other items... but its pretty good so far.
-BG
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Super cool man. Did you get any of Johnny Depp’s voice added to it?

1 year later
#10 9 months ago

Just got my POTC and this looks like a real great upgrade !! THx my French friend!

Am currently on rom 1.06 and game code 6 english/french

Turned it off, switch 8 to the left
Turned it back on with USB stick loaded (and file from from B25846)

Nothing happens, enters diag menu, still nothing..

Do I need a rom upgrade to be able to upload it ? and if so anyone knows where to download v3.1 ? (have a burner)

THx !

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 28.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

€ 18.00
Playfield - Decals
Pin-Decals

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 54.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 218.00
6,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bethlehem, PA
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Grand Rapids, MI
$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine

$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Machine - For Sale
Pittsburgh, PA
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Yucaipa, CA
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

€ 20.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pin-Decals

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-potc-code-update-w-movie-amp-ride-music-other-mods and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.