(Topic ID: 98761)

Stern posts update on Star Trek code; Ritchie testing picture.

By Captain_Kirk

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 47 posts
  • 27 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by BC_Gambit
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

10400876_10152184872461260_2286926646887304543_n.jpg
IMG_8910.PNG

#1 7 years ago

Here you go folks!

It's imminent!

I told ya....August!

IMG_8910.PNG
#3 7 years ago

Yes !

#4 7 years ago

Great so we got new code during papa 17 in A division on startrek..thats terrific

#5 7 years ago

finally!

just in time for my birthday.

#6 7 years ago

this include the speech pack?

#7 7 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Yes. Confirmed by Stern.

#8 7 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Yes with dr bones included

#9 7 years ago

Haha a little tease to pipe yall down.
Let me set my time circuits for three months and watch the whining and waiting continue.

#10 7 years ago
Quoted from hassellcastle:

Let me set my time circuits for three months and watch the whining and waiting continue.

August dippy.

#11 7 years ago

FINALLY the speech pack....what a sweet game. I'll be spending some time at my friends house

#12 7 years ago

Hell yes! Great game getting even better! Thanks for the update stern

#13 7 years ago

This game really does deserve as much polish as they can do. It is really fun and well-orchestrated and the more it gets, the better it will be. Already a very good player.

#14 7 years ago

Too late, sold mine

#15 7 years ago

Traded mine, it really was just chopping wood to get through the modes in level 1, I hope they rethink that part, the layout is great, just the code was blah...

#16 7 years ago
Quoted from UKCatsFan76:

the layout is great

The layout is "great" in that tried and true generic sort of way? Haha. Seriously, it is a fun enough game that warrants the attention it looks like it's getting in the code department.

#17 7 years ago

OK, the warp ramp is a great addition and odd angle to hit, the speed and random drop made continuous hits a challenge, yes, it is a 3-flipper fan layout, but the warp ramp is a sweet idea

#18 7 years ago
Quoted from UKCatsFan76:

Traded mine, it really was just chopping wood to get through the modes in level 1, I hope they rethink that part, the layout is great, just the code was blah...

Yep, gave up too.
The game has potential, I just got bored with it as the way the code stood. I'm sure it will be a much better game when code drops. I just couldnt justify holding onto a game that I'd spent $7k+ if its not fun to play.

#19 7 years ago

Awesome news….. a very good game could become great!
Thanks for the communications update Stern!

#20 7 years ago

Yep, gave up too.
The game has potential, I just got bored with it as the way the code stood. I'm sure it will be a much better game when code drops. I just couldnt justify holding onto a game that I'd spent $7k+ if its not fun to play.

To be honest it sucks that a game that cost so much had such an uninspiring code. I loved the layout, the shots and the look but the code really killed it for me. They need to get games out with more advanced code (like Mustang seems to be), hopefully ST is the last game with code that gets a major re-work.

#21 7 years ago

And that is why I've learned my lesson enough times now. I don't care how cool The Walking Dead looks...or whatever the next rumored pin to come out looks. I'm not buying until its code is more polished. So I may have to buy an LE on the secondary market if its worth it. But quite honestly I'm having just as much fun playing my Met pro with finished code. I can't see the justification in most of these LE games making it such a better experience for the additional coin they cost.

#22 7 years ago

And that is why I've learned my lesson enough times now. I don't care how cool The Walking Dead looks...or whatever the next rumored pin to come out looks.

ME EITHER! Unless is is The Walking Dead and then I will

.............crap, I failed

#23 7 years ago

I have several plays on a pro on location. The machine is visually very appealing as well as bright/well lit. The game does a very good job of guiding you in the modes and other available shots.

Where it falls completely flat are the goals in the core modes. They all feel the same, with the only differences being what is shown on the DMD. If this gets adjusted, it would be a much better game.

#24 7 years ago

Fantastic news, hopefully this new found communication and social media useage will continue to grow.
Fans and owners need to feel connected. I think continual info like this, can only help improve sales, popularity of machines and pinball in general.

Thanks Stern for finally an update on the update!

Looking forward to getting it, when its ready.
But keep the info coming until it is!

#25 7 years ago

What gets released first? ST code or info/pics on the next Stern release? My guess is the Code

#26 7 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

ME EITHER! Unless is is The Walking Dead and then I will
.............crap, I failed

Yep. Ditto.

#27 7 years ago

Care to place a friendly wager on that....$50 says it's sooner then 3 months from today.

#28 7 years ago
Quoted from desertT1:

The game does a very good job of guiding you in the modes and other available shots.
Where it falls completely flat are the goals in the core modes. They all feel the same, with the only differences being what is shown on the DMD. If this gets adjusted, it would be a much better game.

Exactly - this is one way the original STTNG is far superior. The modes all have a very distinct personality with different goals.

#29 7 years ago

Sorry I haven't been around long enough to preview other code updates.... do they really change the game that much? Or is it more like bug fixes.

I love playing ST at the local arcade but yeah it does get repetitive. I do enjoy the layout and shots to make.

#30 7 years ago

STTNG won't deserve to smell the new ST's shit after this code update!

#31 7 years ago
Quoted from Captain_Kirk:

Here you go folks!
It's imminent!
I told ya....August!

IMG_8910.PNG 431 KB

YES YES YES!

#32 7 years ago

Here you go folks!

It's imminent!

I told ya....August!

Where in the FB post did it say anything about being "imminent"? And where did it say anything about being released in August? Are you seriously saying that this proves that you were right about it being released in August?

If anything, the way it reads is that it's not imminent since Ritchie won't rest until it's up to his standards.

Just sayin'!

#33 7 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Where in the FB post did it say anything about being "imminent"? And where did it say anything about being released in August? Are you seriously saying that this proves that you were right about it being released in August?
If anything, the way it reads is that it's not imminent since Ritchie won't rest until it's up to his standards.
Just sayin'!

There's nothing in the Facebook post that says "imminent", but you don't need to be a rocket scientist to figure that out. I'm saying I'll be right about August in August.

Methinks you're pissed you sold your machine instead of waiting for this update.

Just sayin'!

#34 7 years ago

There's nothing in the Facebook post that says "imminent", but you don't need to be a rocket scientist to figure that out. I'm saying I'll be right about August in August.
Methinks you're pissed you sold your machine instead of waiting for this update.
Just sayin'!

lol

#35 7 years ago

RobT, you must come to peace with it!

10400876_10152184872461260_2286926646887304543_n.jpg
#36 7 years ago

RobT, you must come to peace with it!

10400876_10152184872461260_22869... 24 KB

I've come to peace with the fact that I'm happy that I got out of STLE before the bottom fell out of the market!

#37 7 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I've come to peace with the fact that I'm happy that I got out of STLE before the bottom fell out of the market!

Please tell me you're not buying pinball machines as an investment!!!!!

#38 7 years ago

Please tell me you're not buying pinball machines as an investment!!!!!

Of course not.

But I'm not an idiot who likes to lose his ass when he sells a pin either.

#39 7 years ago

IPDB is never wrong: http://www.ipdb.org/search.pl
Top 10 pin.

#40 7 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Like IM...

#41 7 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Of course not.
But I'm not an idiot who likes to lose his ass when he sells a pin either.

And you wouldn't have, cause when the code's done with this puppy....it's going where no pin has gone before!

#42 7 years ago

Ouch! Play nice.

#43 7 years ago

Was diggin' my STLE but haven't touched it in months. Hopefully new code is like an old wife's boob job.

You feel shallow for loving her all over again but can't help yourself.

#44 7 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

..Hopefully new code is like an old wife's boob job....

where can i get a code like that? lolllll

1 week later
#45 7 years ago

I cannot wait to play the new code!

#46 7 years ago

Steve seems to be confirming the talk that he's a designer who does carry through on his games well past when a designer is traditionally "finished" with the game. Here is is a year past release play-testing new software. I wish he was younger because who knows how many games he last left in him, but any future SR releases are automatic NIB candidates because of his care.

#47 7 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Steve seems to be confirming the talk that he's a designer who does carry through on his games well past when a designer is traditionally "finished" with the game. Here is is a year past release play-testing new software. I wish he was younger because who knows how many games he last left in him, but any future SR releases are automatic NIB candidates because of his care.

Too true; he truly is "the king". One of us in terms of being a pinball geek, and a master designer with a passionate work ethic to boot.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside