green_machine.JPG
OGTron2.jpg
OGTron.jpg
HSH.jpg
DSC09343.JPG
image.jpg
LOBSTERS.jpg
tron01.jpg
There are 379 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 8.
#251 10 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Who would they piss off?
I've got a LE, one of 400 in the entire world.
Why would I be pissed if Stern came out with a Premium that they made 1000s of?
Even if the Premium has light up ramps, drop targets and a Glitch Mob Remix of Derezzed for Multiball, it will never be rare like my LE.

Quoted from vid1900:

It's not the same product.
You and I have one of 400 very limited edition games.
A Premium model would not be limited edition at all.
You and I have the Saleen Mustang, everyone else will only have a GT or *gasp* a V6.....

Quoted from vid1900:

He also said "no more Tron runs after this" and then there were 2 more runs.
Tron is a cash cow for Stern, as long as there are buyers, they'll keep pumping them out.

Thanks for chiming in, Tall Man! I can always count on you to cut through the BS being flung around here!

#252 10 years ago
Quoted from tracelifter:

Buyer bought the one @ CAX instead so I still have it.
We have been emailing back and forth he is trying to get his to play.

That game was loaded if it is the one Pinball Refinery was selling. My buddies were considering buying it. Topper, modded figures, extra chrome parts and they had it dialed in.

If it is that game, sorry to hear about the problems. Good to hear you got your problems fixed. It is a game on my list someday.

#253 10 years ago

My guess is a possible code update and/or re-run
Stern is pumping out ''Transformers for days'' in production now with a picture on facebook, who would've guessed?

#254 10 years ago
Quoted from jimjim66:

That game was loaded if it is the one Pinball Refinery was selling. My buddies were considering buying it. Topper, modded figures, extra chrome parts and they had it dialed in.
If it is that game, sorry to hear about the problems. Good to hear you got your problems fixed. It is a game on my list someday.

That's the game I missed the show so I haven't seen it yet.
The replacement rocker arm is a lot beefier than the one that broke on my game so I don't expect any more problems with it.

#255 10 years ago
Quoted from Napabar:

The original Tron isn't bad at all. It's simply a product of its time. Computer terms were relatively new to mainstream audiences then, and the movie treated them like colorful metaphors. Today, it sounds real hooky, but as a 10 year old in 1982, it was mesmerizing.

yep. i was 10 back in 1982 (during height of the arcade era), and that movie knocked my sox off.

#256 10 years ago
Quoted from Napabar:

The original Tron isn't bad at all. It's simply a product of its time. Computer terms were relatively new to mainstream audiences then, and the movie treated them like colorful metaphors. Today, it sounds real hooky, but as a 10 year old in 1982, it was mesmerizing.

Loved the original Tron, and I think it holds up pretty well from both a story and technical standpoint (for when it was made).

I remember seeing it in the theater as a kid and just being blown away.

I spent more quarters on the arcade game than probably just about any other game and imagined myself "in the game" riding a light cycle, battling the MCP, running from recognizers, etc.

And personally, I was underwhelmed by the recent sequel.

#257 10 years ago
Quoted from TurboBengal:

agreed 100%. I still cannot get over people trying to look at pins as an investment instead of a hobby.

yes, and the fact that Stern would make more machines means pinball is regaining some popularity. More machines will be available to those new to pinball either at home or on location.

#258 10 years ago

If we decide as pinsiders to respect the LE Exquisite association and scarcity can we please have 1000 premiums now ?

#259 10 years ago

I could understand someone who bought a pro not so long ago because the cie promised they would never make a premium and then they make one. But Stern never made any of these promises. What I can not understand is why would someone with an LE care. 400 LE, yes lately LE are crazy expensive but why would a cie care if they worth double and a few buyers will be pissed. This is not the stock market, pinball machines are not gold bars. If a car company decide to make 500 limited edition why would they stop producing another batch not to offend the few 500 who have more then enough money to go around. Even comic books have reprints. What would be offensive is if the plate of limited run change, they do 1000 instead of 500 and you paid extra cash to pre-order but that's not the case.

#260 10 years ago

love me some M83 .... kosinski + M83 = win win. stil haven't seen this movie (because of the whole tom cruise factor, tired of the guy) ... wonder if i can redbox it yet??

Quoted from jarjarisgod:

Nice! Watching it with the isolated M83 score right now. Awesomeness!

#261 10 years ago

Probably a software update with video mode and possibly a another run of the Pros. I am almost positive that Stern has no interest in creating a Tron Premium. Their Tron Pros fly out the door so quickly why spend the time and money altering what already works/sells?

#262 10 years ago
Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

Probably a software update with video mode and possibly a another run of the Pros. I am almost positive that Stern has no interest in creating a Tron Premium. Their Tron Pros fly out the door so quickly why spend the time and money altering what already works/sells?

Because a premium would also work and sell?

I played a Tron Pro... nearly fell asleep.

Played Tron LE + Mods... most exciting pin experience ever.

Its amazing what some lights can do.

#263 10 years ago
Quoted from Jared:

Because a premium would also work and sell?

Like I said, IMO it just isn't going to happen. That ship has sailed. Name one pin in which Stern has come up with a new model on years after its release. I can't think of a single one. Eli is working on a ramp lighting mod for Pro models that will hopefully be ready to ship soon. I hardly think Tron Pro is a snooze fest even without lighted ramps but we all like different things so I can respect your opinion.

#264 10 years ago

#289 here and it isn't going anywhere.

Yes, I like the fact that I actually bought a game that's worth more than I paid for it. Proud owner of the Medieval Madness of Stern....Tron LE

As for the Mustang comment.
I do have a 2013 GT 5.0, "Gotta Have it Green", modded with Cherry Bombs.
It may not be a Saleen, but it turns heads and I get at least 1 compliment on it almost every day from strangers. They love the color as do I.
Simply the best car I've ever owned.

green_machine.JPGgreen_machine.JPG

#265 10 years ago
Quoted from hassellcastle:

#289 here and it isn't going anywhere.
Yes, I like the fact that I actually bought a game that's worth more than I paid for it. Proud owner of the Medieval Madness of Stern....TRON LE
As for the Mustang comment.
It may not be a Saleen, but it turns heads and I get at least 1 compliment on it almost every day from strangers. They love the color as do I.

Nice ride!
You need a Hulk LE to go with that bad Larry.

#266 10 years ago

Nice!

#267 10 years ago

I do have a 2013 GT 5.0, "Gotta Have it Green", modded with Cherry Bombs. It may not be a Saleen, but it turns heads and I get at least 1 compliment on it almost every day from strangers. They love the color as do I.

Even a Camaro owner can appreciate a sweet ride like that. (Of course, I am a former Mustang owner as well and don't swear loyalty to either camp.)

#268 10 years ago

Name one pin in which Stern has come up with a new model on years after its release.

Lord of the Rings LE

#269 10 years ago

Pretty sure they won't come out with a premium after all these tron pro runs. Still every pin worth playing should have a premium option. I though just with Metallica things might have changed but no. To many people want the LE even if the premium is the same game. ACDC the same. They sell BIBLE and LTBRLE over 10 000. Even before christmas

My Premium is the same game and I think the backglass is even better.....still.

So what is it exactly ? people want a pin to stare at ? to collect or flip ?

Real players, pin lovers don't by NIB no more ?

#270 10 years ago
Quoted from Napabar:

Arcades were hot in 1982, so the theme of Tron was great. It looked cool (back then) too. But the movie itself was pretty bad, despite the interesting premise. Legacy gets bashed, but I actually enjoyed it more than the original.

#271 10 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Arcades were hot in 1982, so the theme of Tron was great. It looked cool (back then) too. But the movie itself was pretty bad, despite the interesting premise. Legacy gets bashed, but I actually enjoyed it more than the original.

I think I read that the arcade game made more for them then the movie did

#272 10 years ago
Quoted from kid_ego:

Even a Camaro owner can appreciate a sweet ride like that. (Of course, I am a former Mustang owner as well and don't swear loyalty to either camp.)

I'd appreciate it more without the fake "go fast" plastic vents on the windows and rear quarter panel. Talk about tacky. That shade of green does look sick though, very cool.

#273 10 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Lord of the Rings LE

I foresee an IM LE in our future!

#274 10 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

simply put...TRON RULES!

#275 10 years ago

The first Tron movie was good for what it was: the first computer generated movie. It's crappyness is it's charm.

The second Tron movie is great; although many people, even critics, did not understand the whole Tron character being forgiven by his maker and being washed clean of his sins in the digital water near the end.

Might have been too deep for the average Sci-Fi/Action movie watcher, but I'd rather they aim high than low.

#276 10 years ago

Name one pin in which Stern has come up with a new model on years after its release. I can't think of a single one.

Quoted from vid1900:

Lord of the Rings LE

Like six years latter.

#277 10 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

The second Tron movie is great; although many people, even critics, did not understand the whole Tron character being forgiven by his maker and being washed clean of his sins in the digital water near the end.

I've got to admit, I totally missed that too.

I'll have to watch it again.

#278 10 years ago

I think the Clu caracter (young Jeff Bridges) is a super cool effect. I also noticed Clu changing color after falling into the water. I always thought it was because Clu corrupted Tron and now he was free and back to his regular self.

#279 10 years ago

I enjoy both Trons immensely, each for their own reasons. If I had one quibble with the sequel, it's that they weren't consist between the two films on what happens when a person becomes digitized. In the first movie, Flynn becomes digitized and looks like everyone else (the electronic costume is part of him). In the sequel, Sam enters the computer wearing his street clothes, and actually bleeds! Other than that, I love Legacy.

Fun Fact: Tron Legacy is the greatest gap between sequels for a Hollywood film with the same cast. 28 and 1/2 years!

#280 10 years ago
Quoted from Napabar:

Fun Fact: Tron Legacy is the greatest gap between sequels for a Hollywood film with the same cast. 28 and 1/2 years!

Friggin amazing if you think about it.

#281 10 years ago

i wonder if star wars ep VII will beat that record

Quoted from Napabar:

#282 10 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

The first Tron movie was good for what it was: the first computer generated movie. It's crappyness is it's charm.
Might have been too deep for the average Sci-Fi/Action movie watcher, but I'd rather they aim high than low.

I own Tron Legacy on Blu-ray. Yes, I enjoy it that much. The original, however, it so bad that I seriously doubt that I will watch it again (I watched it again for the first time in many years shortly after I got my Tron LE since it motivated me to see it again...hoping I had missed something before...sadly that wasn't the case). But I do agree that there is a certain amount of charm in the crappyness that is the original Tron.

#283 10 years ago
Quoted from ENDOFLINE:

i wonder if Star Wars ep VII will beat that record

Yes and no. They may be prequels, but there were Star Wars movies out in-between VI and VII, so it's not really the same thing.

#284 10 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Friggin amazing if you think about it.

Very! Never give up hope on a classic coming back from the dead!

#285 10 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Lord of the Rings LE

Okay let me rephrase. When has Stern ever introduced a new model years after doing an initial run of both Pro and LE models of the same theme?

#286 10 years ago

Okay let me rephrase. When has Stern ever introduced a new model years after doing an initial run of both Pro and LE models of the same theme?

When, before AC/DC, had Stern ever done a Premium?

First time for everything!

#287 10 years ago
Quoted from Napabar:

When, before AC/DC, had Stern ever done a Premium?

Transformers I believe was the first premium. I think they called it a combo, but was basically a premium.

#288 10 years ago
Quoted from Napabar:

First time for everything!

I don't want to rain on anyone's parade just being the realist that I am. Would it be cool? Sure! Will it happen? Maybe when pigs fly.
tron_pig_watermarked.jpgtron_pig_watermarked.jpg

#289 10 years ago

If it happens, it will happen. 100%

#290 10 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

New code with the long awaited video mode

You've got a pretty good track record with having inside information. Is that the case here or is this just speculation?

#291 10 years ago
Quoted from Jared:

I played a Tron Pro... nearly fell asleep.

Then playing every pin in your collection must nearly put you in a coma?

#292 10 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

Transformers I believe was the first premium. I think they called it a combo, but was basically a premium.

Combo was an LE. There were three different LE's.

#293 10 years ago
Quoted from Napabar:

Yup. All three were LE's. It was my 2nd NIB purchase
(I orginally ordered autobot red but couldn't resist that sexy combo color split)

transformle.jpgtransformle.jpg

#294 10 years ago
Quoted from Napabar:

Just about to post this scrolling down this page. Beat me to it!

#295 10 years ago
Quoted from ChadH:

You've got a pretty good track record with having inside information. Is that the case here or is this just speculation?

Agreed! Mnpinball has a very good track record on what's coming down the line.

#296 10 years ago
Quoted from Napabar:

Ah yah that's right. I guess that tells you how much I was into Transformers.

#297 10 years ago

From a very reliable source, told me that there is a new code without rule changes in the works that they will eventually get to it, but there is a lot on their plates right now. Also, they want to put in a video mode, because ''it screams video mode''.

We'll have to wait and see- exciting stuff for an amazing pin

#298 10 years ago

It seems the end result of this thread is:
1. Updated code (probably)
2. Tron Premium (highly unlikely)
3. Stern trolls pinside again (shack)

**For the movie nerds out there, much of the original Tron is not computer generated. It was hand drawn over hundreds of hours by dozens of animators. Watch for the hidden Mickey near the end.**

End of line

#299 10 years ago

New code is coming.

#300 10 years ago

How am I a troll or Stern for that matter? Maybe you have a thing for trolls, or mudflaps.. It seems...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Trade
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Disk war combatant Pre-order!
RamMods

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

10,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Willington, DE
$ 8.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Reno, NV
$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Venice, FL
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 350.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 109.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
PFX Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 6.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 379 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 8.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-posts-tron-image-on-facebook/page/6 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.