(Topic ID: 139582)

Stern, please make more Star Trek Premiums.

By pinball_erie

4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 67 posts
  • 34 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by clarksonrj
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider trekkie1978.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#6 4 years ago

Automated still has them…just not a fan of their prices.

I prefer to deal with JJ.

#27 4 years ago
Quoted from WaddleJrJr:

Are you dead set on a premium or would you consider a pro? I have put a lot of play on both pros and premiums and find the upgrades in the premium to not be particularly worth the difference in price.

For clarification, I down voted because I think there is a big enough difference between the pro and premium, to justify the premium.

The LE is in a class of its own, but IMO, the premium is equivalent to many other Stern LE's.

#40 4 years ago
Quoted from RavenBlackthorn:

I agree that the LE is in a class of it's own with all of the additional trim options--but don't you think that the left outlane kickback and the ability to rescue your ball is enough of a difference to go for the Premium over that of the Pro?

The reasons why I would choose premium over pro (full disclosure, I own the LE)

1 - the Vegence. The ship crashing is pretty cool.

2 - the light show.

3 - better art and trim.

4 - real kickback, not a simulated one.

5 - up kicker and metal wire ramps instead of plastic.

#41 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

They said that about Met Premium, too - that's back on the line. Stern has the ST license thru the end of next year, so - ya never know.

Star Trek 3 comes out next summer...could they always tie a new run of premiums with the movie release?

From what I have read, the pin seems to be a popular seller. After all, they are still making the pro model a whole 2 years after it was introduced.

#49 4 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

VUK is way better too, and.....
FREAKIN LASERS!!!!!!

Yes, I forgot about the lasers.

I don't want to make it sound like the pro is bad, I just think the premium and LE are special with this game.

#51 4 years ago

Speaking as an LE owner, I really hope more premiums are made.

Would it hurt my resale value? Possibly.

But in my opinion, this is a great game that should be shared with as many people as possible.

#57 4 years ago
Quoted from fattdirk:

Oh comon now. Read the posts above. You give up a lot. STLE is arguably the best LE ever made by Stern.

That's what makes GOT LE a bit of a disappointment.

Ritchie LE's are still the best, but Star Trek just has that extra magic in it that AC/DC and GOT doesn't have.

I think the argument could be made that Star Trek Premium is Stern's best premium they have ever made.

#62 4 years ago
Quoted from Gexchange:

STLE had almost the same push back on them when the were released as GOT LE people didnt like that art. playfield was too bland ect.. Then people played them, and BOOM sales exploded
Will we see the same again.. I think so but will see

When I first saw the pictures of GOT LE, I was like "meh". Since then, the art has started to grow on me. Especially since it's all hand drawn and not photoshopped.

The short video clips have been nice to see, but I'm dying to see that game in action.

When Star Trek was first announced, I thought the LE was a beautiful looking game. Once I had enough money saved up, I went and bought it. It wasn't until a few months after I bought the game that I discovered this site, when I was googling strategies on how to play the game.

Full disclosure: I have a GOT LE on order from JJ.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 96.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider trekkie1978.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside